Doppelganger (GXB,mystery,horror)+demo [on hold]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

Re: Doppelgänger: Dawn of the Inverted Souls (GXB+mystery)+D

#286 Post by Jo'ogn »

azureXtwilight wrote:What"s done is done XD
Laaaaaazy! Editor: search and replace ^_~
azureXtwilight wrote:changing the logo doesn't make people notice the difference anyway...
Well, I know at least one person who ~would~ notice =D
azureXtwilight wrote:I will find font difficulties
Why? "Oldstyle" ~has~ Umlaute and for "Omneco" you would spell it "Doppelgaenger" *ducks and runs*

PS: "Oh noes!" in the distribution you spelt it: "Dopple" X-D
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Doppelganger: Dawn of the Inverted Souls (GXB+mystery)+D

#287 Post by azureXtwilight »

Loool no, I'm not lazy. But I guess it's fine as it is XD

Wait, it was written dopple? Oh, dear me! What have I done? The horror! :o

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#288 Post by Riviera »

Hahaha! For some reason this all makes me think of a version of the game doppelganger that hunts down people who misspell.

Really, I figured it was the correct spelling just without the umlaut. I'd give you the benefit of the doubt on that one, because it's not readily available on all keyboards and, well.. maybe I'm more lax on that stuff.

Eh, whatever I end up spouting off about, I'm sure I'll like this story (even if poor Blake ends up friend-zoned.. *sob*).
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#289 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Wikipedia wrote:In English, the word is conventionally uncapitalized (doppelgänger). It is also common to drop the diacritic umlaut, writing "doppelganger."
Considering this VN is written in English...
deviantART
---------------------

semewelamb
Regular

#290 Post by semewelamb »

Just played the demo and I LOVED it(and will still continue loving it). You just seem to keep outdoing yourself every time you make a game. Keep up the good work.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#291 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you very much, everyone :D

Clifford's script is almost done, huzzah :D

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#292 Post by Snow Blossom »

Just played the demo (and replayed it like a dozen times :P )! Now I'm REEEAALLY hyped up for the full game! Lee somehow stole my heart (I'm sorry, Yuri! :oops: ), and now I'm really looking forward to solving the mystery :)
Despite the few minor errors everybody has already pointed out, I loved it. The music, the suspense, everything was great!

Qookies
Regular

#293 Post by Qookies »

Tell me you'll finish this before MOGF or Before Requiem! Please! This game looks much better than others.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#294 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you very much! I would like to hear your guesses :)

And yes, because of the demands :)

Qookies
Regular

#295 Post by Qookies »

YaY! You're awesome Azure!

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#296 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Really?! I don't know how will Trisha'll react on that news O_O
(Cause she never played this before ohoho, but I'll convince her to :))

But I'm happy about that! For now, my mind got run over by the dudes here :)

xxxSakura
Regular

#297 Post by xxxSakura »

Just played the demo, and boy everything seems so interesting. I can't really put my finger on what the hell is going on, but the way you wrapped up things in the demo was awesome! It felt as if I was watching the preview to the climax episode of some epic drama! And the music at the start was amazing. It reminded me a little of the FFIII DS music :D

Love the extra bonus scene there too. Aww, hope Jun gets some love too, and this is kind of weird but...
SHUANG AND ??? LOOK SO CUTE TOGETHER :lol:

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#298 Post by Snow Blossom »

xxxSakura wrote:
SHUANG AND ??? LOOK SO CUTE TOGETHER :lol:
I know right?!! I loved how ??? asked if he could send her home and Shuang was like "Nope, I'm good! :shock: ." XD

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#299 Post by azureXtwilight »

Hoho, thanks everyone :D

Shuang and Jun will definitely get some love, especially Shuang, she has
two people crazy about her ;)
By the way, does anyone care to help me proofread clifford's script (as in fixing the spelling mistakes and grammar)? I believe I will be done with that today, and you can proofread the others along with Kirroha as well :) (Since I'll get her busy with the main script)

Problem is, please be very good in english. I don't really like some comments like "many spelling and grammar mistakes you get on my nerves" XDD

TwoBreaths
Regular

#300 Post by TwoBreaths »

Hey azurextwilight! Long-time fan, first-time poster here! I just finished the demo of Doppelganger and I have a lot to say about it.

I <3 Lee. At first, I found him kinda creepy since he's your stalker-ish childhood friend, a type I don't really like because it usually feels pushed on to you. Ironically, as he got creepier, I warmed up to him more. Maybe it's because I have a thing for yanderes, not just creepy people.

Clifford's cool too. Usually, I don't like teasing, mysterious guys because their constant cryptic hinting gets on my nerves. But Clifford's teasing was quiet enough for me to tolerate instead of get irritated over. Although he reminded me more of Russia from APH than Clifford the big red dog.

Raphael's too cheery to not like. He's just so adorkable, especially he takes a nap standing up while you guys are getting a lecture. It kinda broke my heart when
the epilogue showed that his legs get broken and he can't lead the basketball team to the national tournament.
Blake was alright to me. He was lazy and a little pushy when it came to his opinion on the essay, but other than that, he didn't really stand out to me. Well, other than the fact that he was kinda cute. <3

Yuri... Eh... Maybe's just my taste in characters, but I didn't really like him. Especially after the way he treats Lucia in the beginning.

I know that the player character should be flat to some extent to let the player put themselves in their shoes, but Lucia doesn't really feel like how you describe her. You call her a snobbish girl who only thinks of herself but the only people I find her really cold toward are Anastasia and Blake. Even then, it's understandable because Anastasia is a bully and Blake is incredibly lazy. She's polite toward everyone else, even if she's a little reserved.

I'm really interest in Jun and Shuang. Jun looks like she has a few things to hide, especially after dragging you back to the school for a pencil case full of... pencils (and a *suspicious* pin.) Shuang is just adorable, especially when
interacting with mystery!guy in the epilogue. Is this a new OTP I smell?
She reminds me of Nunally from Code Geass, so my theory is that she's the motivation for another character. I hope Shuang doesn't turn into a hapless damsel in distress though.

I understand that this is only a demo right now, but some of the mistakes with writing were really jarring. I know you don't have a proofreader yet but I can't help but nitpick and take notes. I included my full notes as a file because posting it here felt too long. I hope you don't mind.

Most of the mistakes I labelled as 'grammar' are just inconsistencies in tense. I couldn't tell if you were trying to write in present or past tense or if you were switching back and forth between scenes. If I'm wrong in any of my grammar/tense notes, just ignore me. But as a general note in the future, try to keep whatever tense you write in clear and constant, even if you switch back and forth in certain scenes like flashbacks or whatever.

The stuff that's in asterisks are my reactions and errors that didn't have anything to do with writing, like the wrong image showing up.

But overall, this was a fun demo to play! Thank you for releasing it for us~

P.S: Will Doppelganger turn into a series? The sub-title 'Dawn of the Inverted Souls' reminds me a lot of the sub-titles of the Fantasia series...
Attachments
Doppelganger review.txt
(12.05 KiB) Downloaded 34 times