Doppelganger (GXB,mystery,horror)+demo [on hold]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Death_HUG
Veteran
Projects: A Mysterious Note

Re: Doppelganger:Dawn of the Inverted Souls(GXB)+demo+UPDATE

#376 Post by Death_HUG »

I love bad boys, especally ones that can fight >///< plus Yuri is....physically appealing kekeke

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#377 Post by azureXtwilight »

I... See.

Hmm, I guess I've taken a good approach then.
Mwa ha ha.

TwoBreaths
Regular

#378 Post by TwoBreaths »

I would go after Lee first because not only is he an interesting and engaging character, but he also feels like he's up to something and heavily involved in the main plot. Same thing with Clifford, especially since he's a really mysterious guy.

Um, I didn't really like Yuri, so I can't say I'd go for his path first. However, he has been featured prominently in your promos of Doppelganger and a lot of people like him, so I'd go after his path to see it for myself.

I noticed Blake and Raph aren't up there but I'm not surprised. Both just don't interact with Lucia as much as the other characters and neither of them seemed really involved with the plot in the demo at least. That's probably why most people aren't interested in them right now. But not being interesting in itself can be unique on its own. Especially if one of them is secretly the Big Bad or something. amirite?

[/isnotaRaphfangirl]

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#379 Post by azureXtwilight »

TwoBreaths wrote:I would go after Lee first because not only is he an interesting and engaging character, but he also feels like he's up to something and heavily involved in the main plot. Same thing with Clifford, especially since he's a really mysterious guy.

Um, I didn't really like Yuri, so I can't say I'd go for his path first. However, he has been featured prominently in your promos of Doppelganger and a lot of people like him, so I'd go after his path to see it for myself.

I noticed Blake and Raph aren't up there but I'm not surprised. Both just don't interact with Lucia as much as the other characters and neither of them seemed really involved with the plot in the demo at least. That's probably why most people aren't interested in them right now. But not being interesting in itself can be unique on its own. Especially if one of them is secretly the Big Bad or something. amirite?

[/isnotaRaphfangirl]
Phew, I'm glad someone is interested because their plots look pretty interesting :D
All the paths are different sides of one thing, what you see in one path can be false, because maybe the real deal is in another path. But there's always a true path which answers all :3

As for Yuri, I'm not a really big fan of him either XD I'm just promoting him coz I know he has lotsa fans...

And about the demo... Demo is like 1/xxx of the game, I just can't say anything beyond that. But I can safely say that Lucia has a crush on Ralph ever since the beginning of the game she's just shy whenever he's around, and he's the one who can give her the biggest impact throughout the game.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#380 Post by Coren »

what you see in one path can be false
:D

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#381 Post by Snow Blossom »

WUT???!!! I feel like I just read a huge spoiler :shock:

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#382 Post by Coren »

Snow Blossom wrote:WUT???!!! I feel like I just read a huge spoiler :shock:
How so? ._. We barely said anything.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#383 Post by Coren »

Snow Blossom wrote:WUT???!!! I feel like I just read a huge spoiler :shock:
How so? ._. We barely said anything.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#384 Post by azureXtwilight »

What spoiler? :o
I don't count anything I said as spoiler XD It's actually a bit obvious in the demo.

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#385 Post by Snow Blossom »

Rly? Cuz I thought that means that one guy is lying throughout his path, which would in turn lead to some dramatic event
For example, in the demo, Yuri is denying that he killed "him," so I was thinking it may mean he's lying??? Or Blake has something to do with his bandmate's disappearance??? Or since one of the obtainables is lying, he might end up betraying Lucia if she makes the wrong choice? I'm probably way off the mark though D:
Maybe I'm overreacting... ;___;

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#386 Post by azureXtwilight »

Snow Blossom wrote:Rly? Cuz I thought that means that one guy is lying throughout his path, which would in turn lead to some dramatic event
For example, in the demo, Yuri is denying that he killed "him," so I was thinking it may mean he's lying??? Or Blake has something to do with his bandmate's disappearance??? Or since one of the obtainables is lying, he might end up betraying Lucia if she makes the wrong choice? I'm probably way off the mark though D:
Maybe I'm overreacting... ;___;

Ahh, I see. Consider it's a teaserrr ;) Anything can happen in this twisted events

I'm glad that makes people wanting to know, so thanks for being curious~ that's what mystery is for X3
I'll do my best to make the questions answered properly :D

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#387 Post by azureXtwilight »

Ah, I have a quick question. I know some of the people here don't like violence, so is it a good option to make an enable/disable violence button? :O

The good thing is that those who can't stand blood/gore can blur the picture/ see weird images where there is no blood when it's supposed to be there, bad thing is only losing a few CGs.

So, any comments?

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#388 Post by Snow Blossom »

I think that'd be a good idea. Players know beforehand that they're going to lose cgs, so the people who don't like violence can decide if they'll handle it for the cgs' sake or not.

LadyAvori
Regular

#389 Post by LadyAvori »

I agree with Snow Blossom. Just leave a disclaimer stating what will be missed and the players can decide whether or not it is worth it to disable the violence. I don't see anyone getting upset if its just an option.

Einherjar

#390 Post by Einherjar »

azureXtwilight wrote:As I've seen so far, there are three majority paths people will go first:
- Lee
- Yuri
- Clifford
Am I right? :D

May I ask why do you go for them first? I just have to arrange so that the gameplay will be kinda intersesting and so the case-solving will worth something :)
Yuri because I always take some interest in those kinds of characters. Not so much in real life, but in fiction, they easily become one of my more favorite characters. It probably has more to do with me just wanting to know why they are that way.

And Clifford because I also enjoy mysterious characters, just because I want to figure them out. I'm a nosy person, haha. xD