Old Topic - Please Don't Post

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Memoirs of an Angel [Demo Available]

#151 Post by Cain0425 »

main page is really nice but why is she bleeding?

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#152 Post by Riviera »

I think it's not her blood. Seems a sort of Macbeth type thing, with the "there is blood on my hands" indication of having killed a lot of people.

I haven't played this in a bit, but I seem to remember that she did a lot of that before the events of the game.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

#153 Post by broken_angel »

It's not actually blood but wine, which is, in this case, symbolic of political intrigue.

In the full picture (attached below), it forms a miniature picture of the nation at war, showing how various political struggles have been/are tearing the country apart, though it can also be interpreted as Riviera said.
Attachments
ZuleikaCageSmall.png

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#154 Post by Snowflower »

EEEPPPP

I can't seem to make up my mind between Chael and Kirile XDDDD They are both delish, hah.
But I seem to be leaning more towards Chael.... XP

Anyway, at first, I was surprise to see the entire plotline with the demo, but I understood after what has been going around the WIP forum. :)
Looking forward to the entire game release
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#155 Post by Snowflower »

Ah, and also, I found the bgm rather in a low quality, making some of the songs kind of painful to listen to. Maybe you reduced the file size a little too much?
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube

broken_angel
Veteran

#156 Post by broken_angel »

Haha, yeah.
As much as I love Chael's yummy elven-ness, though, I almost like his disguised form (featured in the new version) better.
ChaelDisguise.png
And yes, I agree that I lowered the quality too much on a lot of the songs. Another problem is that I lowered the quality on most songs, but on others (the chase music during the first scene with Chael, for instance), it sounded too bad so I kept the original. So what you've got is a mix of high quality, medium, and low quality songs that don't blend together very well. But since I'll be pulling in a lot of different music for the new version, anyway, I was planning on fixing that while I was at it.

I may end up having two versions up for download: a low quality version for those with slow internet connections, and a high quality version with the original music.

broken_angel
Veteran

#157 Post by broken_angel »

I posted a video of the game opening on YouTube:
http://youtu.be/Pz0qFiPmc38
It was done in Ren'py with ATL, so the actual is a lot better quality. That's just a not-so-great quality screen capture.

I'm annoyed that all of the suggestions are related to Mariah Carey's album, but...it's my fault for choosing the name, I guess. >.>

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#158 Post by Riviera »

broken_angel wrote:I posted a video of the game opening on YouTube:
http://youtu.be/Pz0qFiPmc38
It was done in Ren'py with ATL, so the actual is a lot better quality. That's just a not-so-great quality screen capture.

I'm annoyed that all of the suggestions are related to Mariah Carey's album, but...it's my fault for choosing the name, I guess. >.>
If it's any comfort, one is a mormon video and another one is a torrenting report thing, so it's not ALL MC. :lol:

Don't feel too bad, Youtube isn't exactly... the best at this sort of thing.

The video is nice, and I like the music you picked.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#159 Post by Snowflower »

I think the idea regarding low and high quality downloads are nice. I'm fine with downloading the high quality ones. And since I'm using headphones, the music is directly in my ears.

babyfish
Veteran
Projects: Maid of Midsummer (LifeSim)
Location: (' )< Swimming in your fishbowl, nomming on flakes.

#160 Post by babyfish »

Pretty much downloaded it yesterday and just can't stop replaying.

There's something nostalgic yet completely new and fresh about this game. The art is lovely, and the plot is quite well done. I especially liked how the opening scene was very fast-paced and cinematic. There will be a remake though, yes? I do hope that there will be an expansion of existing relationships, since I did wish they extended a bit more in the first game.

On a side note, I thought at first that dear old Neffy was a rotten slimeball through and through, but...
...turns out I was right! >D
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish

babyfish
Veteran

#161 Post by babyfish »

Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but I got an error while doing the combat tournament

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

NameError: name 'competition5_done' is not defined

While running game code:
 - script at line 929 of C:\Users\owner\Desktop\renpy-6.11.2\GardenGame/game/AllscriptB.rpy
 - python at line 940 of C:\Users\owner\Desktop\renpy-6.11.2\GardenGame/game/AllscriptB.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Users\Kim\Desktop\MemoirsofanAngel-1.0-all\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 270, in bootstrap
  File "C:\Users\Kim\Desktop\MemoirsofanAngel-1.0-all\renpy\main.py", line 310, in main
  File "C:\Users\Kim\Desktop\MemoirsofanAngel-1.0-all\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
  File "C:\Users\Kim\Desktop\MemoirsofanAngel-1.0-all\renpy\execution.py", line 259, in run
  File "C:\Users\Kim\Desktop\MemoirsofanAngel-1.0-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1133, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Kim\Desktop\MemoirsofanAngel-1.0-all\renpy\exports.py", line 371, in menu
  File "C:\Users\Kim\Desktop\MemoirsofanAngel-1.0-all\renpy\python.py", line 994, in py_eval
  File "C:\Users\owner\Desktop\renpy-6.11.2\GardenGame/game/AllscriptB.rpy", line 940, in <module>
NameError: name 'competition5_done' is not defined

While running game code:
 - script at line 929 of C:\Users\owner\Desktop\renpy-6.11.2\GardenGame/game/AllscriptB.rpy
 - python at line 940 of C:\Users\owner\Desktop\renpy-6.11.2\GardenGame/game/AllscriptB.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.11.2b
Thought you'd want to know~
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish

broken_angel
Veteran

#162 Post by broken_angel »

Thank you for the feedback and bug-catching! I'm not sure if I've fixed that one or not, but I'll check.

And yes, I'm working on a remake of sorts, and improving the romances is definitely on my to-do list. C:
In particular, I tweaked most of the characters in the original to be more "likeable," but what was lost in that process was their character development. In the remake, I plan to address this issue to instead make the characters more true to their original design, which will leave room for them to grow as a result of the heroine's actions. At least...that's the plan. Whether I'll be able to pull it off or not, though, is a different story. xP

babyfish
Veteran

#163 Post by babyfish »

Eek! Another bug and a potential exploit!
Apparently there's no limit to how much gold Zuly can spend. She can easily keep buying more and more items, and it can go all the way into the negatives without end. ^^;;
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish

broken_angel
Veteran

#164 Post by broken_angel »

Yes, I know. I've fixed that in the latest version...it just isn't available here. ^^;;

"Zuly" is one I haven't heard before. xD 'Tis cute, though, hehe.

babyfish
Veteran

#165 Post by babyfish »

Well you had 'Neffy', so you might as well have 'Zuly'? XD
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish