[WIP?] Starlit Dreams (B/GxB/G)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Melkoshi
Regular
Projects: Jewels of Sytinane

Re: [WIP] Starlit Dreams (B/GxB/G) - Now Recruiting!

#16 Post by Melkoshi »

Thats great! :D Glad they could save the important stuff. shame your laptop died though, I hope it wasn't anything newish. o.o
--- My DeviantArt.
Game in Progress for demo-teaser:
story(script) = 45%
sprites = 100%
programming(interface) = 35%
CGs = 0%
Backgrounds = 5%
Music/sound = 0%

broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

#17 Post by broken_angel »

Ah, no, I was planning on getting a new one, anyway.
I just wish it had lasted until Christmas or something. ^^;;

Anyway, I added a picture of the official character art for the female character to the first post.
You can check out the customizations that will be featured here.

I'll add a picture of the male main character when I get one, but if you're really curious, here is his Gaia avatar reference. He'll have the same customizations as Seiko. :3

broken_angel
Veteran

#18 Post by broken_angel »

Update!

I've changed the description of the setting quite a bit.
Since my character art isn't all that futuristic, it doesn't make sense to have the kind of super sci-fi backgrounds I was thinking of before.

Now, it's really just a matter of getting a set of backgrounds that are consistent with one another. As it is, my place-holder backgrounds are all over the place, and I don't even have proper backgrounds for some places (like James' office and the gym). D:

So...yeah, if there's anyone who would be willing to do the backgrounds, or if you know anyone who might be interested, let me know and I'll love you forever!

I've also added a few more positions to the recruiting list.

EDIT: New screenshot of the character creation screen!
Please excuse my crappy clip-art icons. xD

emihaumut
Regular
Projects: Rynspyr.
Tumblr: emihaumut
Github: yeewai

#19 Post by emihaumut »

Oh wow, this seems really awesome. :3 I wish I didn't have school (or my own project, lol), or I'd help you with some of the art.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#20 Post by Morhighan »

Looks like an interesting project. I wish you luck. I am able to help with voice acting, definitely. I will see my availabilty to help out in other aspects.

broken_angel
Veteran

#21 Post by broken_angel »

To emihaumut:

'Tis fine, I understand.
Thank you for your interest. C:

To Morhighan:

I actually saw your thread on the voice packs and was thinking "I should totally ask her to do some VA stuff for me..." xD
Personally, I think your normal voice would be good for Cadee...>D

However, I don't want to say "Do all this stuff" and then decide that I don't want to do voice acting after all because I can't enough of the right people to do it. So, if I can find enough people to put together a suitable cast (either who post here or are just lurking), then I'll contact you about it.

The other positions are pretty much for-sure, though, so if you're interested in any of those... ;)

broken_angel
Veteran

#22 Post by broken_angel »

Gah...I'm so OCD about things like this. >.<

Just re-did my main screen graphics for the fourth time...hopefully, it's a large improvement over what I had before.
Check out the new mock screenshot in the first post for a sample of what it looks like now.

I also completely changed the music style I want, so I went ahead and took down the request for music composers.
...I have a bad tendency to want to use everything anyone gives me, which doesn't work too well in this case. xD;

By the way, I still don't have my hard drive back, so the completion of the demo is still a ways off (especially if I keep changing things!).
I can't wait to get my damn hard drive back so I can actually make some coding/scripting progress! >o<

RabbitDoubt

Re: [WIP] Starlit Dreams - [Male MC Added; Now Recruiting!]

#23 Post by RabbitDoubt »

Business...and pleasure! The perfect combination. Maybe just because I find authority sexy so the idea of a business-related dating sim appeals to me... ANYWAYS! The addition of a Male MC is interesting although I'll still probably play as a girl first. The guys all look so appealing I may just have to play this a few more times than usual. It's too hard to decide who to go for first. >>; You should think about making a commercial game sometime, you know. So far, this and Memoirs of an Angel are very impressive. Keep up the awesome.

broken_angel
Veteran

#24 Post by broken_angel »

Haha, well...I'm not sure the business and the dating will interact too much. xP
Unless you hire the person you're dating to be one of your employees...then you may get a little bit of that.

And it's set up so that you can go after several guys at once until a certain heart level, and then they'll get upset if you trigger romantic events with the other guys. xD But still, it's not like there's a set storyline to it or anything, so multiple play-throughs shouldn't be necessary...especially since the game won't ever really end.

I do hope to make a commercial game one of these days...but as of right now, I still don't feel like my work is up to par. ^^;

Anyway, here is a sketch sheet of the male MC to show his different hairstyles and such. He's quite a hottie himself...xD

And I finally got my hard drive recovered, so I'm working on the code some more and should have a workable loop by the end of the week. ^^ After that, it's just a matter of adding events, shops, and perhaps one part-time job for the demo.

Gryphbear
Regular

#25 Post by Gryphbear »

haha, not bad. For some reason I feel like feeding the men around here until they fatten up a bit. ;)
WIP: Ring av Guder - (Contemporary Fantasy VN/Dating Sim?)

What do you get when you inherit a mystical ring, meet Norse Dieties, and Werewolves, Satyrs, or Dwarves? Possibilities.

General Completion: 5% - (Still working on story plot.)
Story status: 1% (In progress of revamping)
Scripting: 1% (Prologue is about done)
Character Art: 0% (Would like to find a Bara-type Artist, but will learn to draw them myself if necessary)
BG/CG's: 0% (None so far)

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#26 Post by Pyonkotchi »

you are very good though. I think your stuff getting to commercial level. keep it up~
I'm a poor person. I think you should make a few more freeware before ya' start chargin' cash ;D

Male MC hot. 8D

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by Cain0425 »

very nice art work and the game looks like it will be fun to play

broken_angel
Veteran

#28 Post by broken_angel »

To Gryphbear:

Really, you think they're too skinny?
I don't think they're too bad...except Leo, but that's because he's a wimp. xP

Granted, there aren't any overweight characters in general...but that's because, as someone who is overweight myself, I don't go for guys (or girls) like that. >.> Games are a way of escaping from reality for me, so I think idealized body shapes are fine.

To Pyonkotchi:

Thank you. C:
And I have a couple more games planned that will most likely be freeware because they continue to deal with the same set of characters (a "Memoirs" remake and a dark, most likely kinetic novel outlining the actual story, which involves both Seiko and the gang and Zuleika's party...fun stuff).

After that...we'll see what I come up with. xD

To Cain0425:

Thanks. ^^

I hope it manages to live up to your expectations in the end.

Gryphbear
Regular

#29 Post by Gryphbear »

broken_angel wrote:To Gryphbear:

Really, you think they're too skinny?
I don't think they're too bad...except Leo, but that's because he's a wimp. xP

Granted, there aren't any overweight characters in general...but that's because, as someone who is overweight myself, I don't go for guys (or girls) like that. >.> Games are a way of escaping from reality for me, so I think idealized body shapes are fine.
Heh. That's fine. It's just my personal taste coming out. lol. I will still play the game though. Are any of them in a position to say, work out? That's why I said let's feed 'em. They look like they haven't eaten food in a while. lol.

Anyway. Looking forward to an actual demo :)
WIP: Ring av Guder - (Contemporary Fantasy VN/Dating Sim?)

What do you get when you inherit a mystical ring, meet Norse Dieties, and Werewolves, Satyrs, or Dwarves? Possibilities.

General Completion: 5% - (Still working on story plot.)
Story status: 1% (In progress of revamping)
Scripting: 1% (Prologue is about done)
Character Art: 0% (Would like to find a Bara-type Artist, but will learn to draw them myself if necessary)
BG/CG's: 0% (None so far)

broken_angel
Veteran

#30 Post by broken_angel »

Most of them actually do work out, yes.

In fact, you can find Ani at the gym for an hour or two every day, and he and James are there for a few hours every weekend. Same goes for several of the girls. Others' weights, like Keiji's, could be attributed to their knowledge (and application) of proper nutrition. C:

Anyway...

I look forward to completing an actual demo. xD