(GxB) Aurora Spirit - Demo Very Outdated

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
PrettieAngel
Regular
Projects: Aurora Spirit

Re: (GxB) Aurora Spirit - Demo Now Avaliable

#31 Post by PrettieAngel »

NatsukiDeath wrote:Pretty CG~

Good luck on this! (not quite sure why this project excites me so much to be giddy ) But hex I'm loving the premise of the game and how the demo went !~
Thanks for your interest and support! Unfortunately, not a lot of progress is being made on this project at the moment, and it's essentially on hiatus, but we don't have the intention to drop it. Aside from fixing up errors with what's currently been made, not much else is being done. Thanks again, and we hope to be able to show more advancements sometime soon!

PrettieAngel
Regular

#32 Post by PrettieAngel »

It's been a while but this project is no longer on hiatus.

All the in game sprites we intend to use in this project have now been completed. Most of them are already available in the demo but included is a preview of the new ones. A couple of the older sprites have also received a few minor tweaks here and there but none particularly noteworthy.

NatsukiDeath
Veteran
Completed: Life's....Complex
Projects: "Another Way VN" , "Phantom of the Opera VN" , "LoveChub?!"

#33 Post by NatsukiDeath »

It's been a while but this project is no longer on hiatus.
Yay!!!!!! : D

-Poof-

sadness

#34 Post by sadness »

WoW
I really like the art!!!!
You are doing a REALLY GOOD JOB!!
I can't wait for it to be ready!!!
When do you see it coming?? :D
RUMATI!! KAJIKA!!
<3 KAWAIIII <3

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by try10 »

:D I am so happy that this game is no longer on hiatus! The plot is interesting and I love all the characters! Good luck in finishing it! :)

PrettieAngel
Regular

#36 Post by PrettieAngel »

Thanks for your interest, everyone! It's very much appreciated and gives us more motivation with this project.
sadness wrote:WoW
I really like the art!!!!
You are doing a REALLY GOOD JOB!!
I can't wait for it to be ready!!!
When do you see it coming?? :D
Thank you! As for the release date, we can't really determine one at this point, I'm afraid. Ulin207 and I intend to make some good progress with the script especially in the next few months and it's possible it will be released around then but the CGs might take a while.

kyoli

#37 Post by kyoli »

the demo got me really hooked in! i can't wait to see it completed with all the art work. and i really look forward to what will happen with the story line!
heck i would play it even without the artwork i just really want to play through the story.

PrettieAngel
Regular

#38 Post by PrettieAngel »

Thanks very much for your interest, especially considering how long this project has been in progress for. We appreciate your encouragement and will definitely continue to work on it, however slowly. I guess I can say now that the story might not turn out the way you expect. :wink:
I think we will release a version without CGs, since those are expected to take a long time, but there are no guarantees at this point, sorry.

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#39 Post by ShadowBerry »

*played the demo*
All in all: I like it.

Sometimes the story is told a little boring and hard to follow without skipping - the conversations are very very short and random at times. For example the 'second day' after she knows about the Aura. When she talks to Rochelle like 'Good morning, wanna go to breakfast?' and that's all..I was like...'Uhm..what was that for? Oo'
And you use a lot of times the word 'Though' count it xD
And the font is hard to read, the letters and words stick so close together that its not easy to read the text sometimes.

But then again, it's my opinion and I apologize when you nthink its rude D:
Own project:

PrettieAngel
Regular

#40 Post by PrettieAngel »

Not rude at all. Your comments are very valid!
I do admit that writing conversations is a weak point. Both of us lack of experience but we will continue trying to improve such and revise the script where we can. Thanks for pointing this out.
The font has since been changed from the release of the demo, due to the number of people commenting on its illegibility, but this change can't be seen in what's available for download. Sorry about this.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by try10 »

I haven't checked this thread for a long time and I'm very happy to see that you are working to finish this game. *HUGS*

I wish you good luck!

Estrel

#42 Post by Estrel »

I really enjoyed everything that you have done with this game so far. Your characters are beautifully drawn, I love Marcel and Rochelle so much. I think my favorite thing here is actually being able to name my character, it's so much better than playing as someone else's chosen character name. I'm definitely hoping you continue to work on this and eventually finish it as I'm sure it's going to be fabulous. When the demo ended I was seriously bummed out. The only thing I would mention as far as improvement is that some of your backgrounds are a bit childish in artwork. Outside of the library meeting Marcel was probably the one that just seemed like it was hastily drawn. Since your characters and the insides of the buildings are done so well this one just took away from the game's overall atmosphere. Other than that though I think this game is great. I like your writing style and think you have a great story line going here. I definitely agree with the suggestions to make a "willing" path, just for the sake of being able to play out all the options.

Good luck on the rest, and I can't wait to play the next updates!

PrettieAngel
Regular

#43 Post by PrettieAngel »

Thanks for the compliments and I'm glad you liked our art, considering how that's probably going to be our strongest aspect.
As was mentioned in the demo notes, the current release contains three "stand in" backgrounds. The one you mentioned specifically was indeed drawn only for the demo's sake and is in line to be redrawn. From memory, these three are the BG of the library's outside, the library interior, and the altar.

Thanks again for your interest and patience.

We hadn't intended it originally but if there's enough people interested, we may release a second demo with a bit more game play somewhere down the line, considering how progress has slowed more than expected.

kyoli

#44 Post by kyoli »

I haven't seen any recent updates about the game for sometime so I just thought I would post and see how it is coming along.

still really excited and can't wait to try it out!

PrettieAngel
Regular

#45 Post by PrettieAngel »

Sorry about the lack of updates. Education has kept both of us pretty busy for most of this year. The script is in progress but not much else is happening, since the sprites have been completed, so there isn't really much that is worthwhile showing.
If there's anything specific you'd be interested, please let us know.