*~Ecchi Sketchy~*

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Sakura02
Regular
Projects: Ecchie Sketchy

*~Ecchi Sketchy~*

#1 Post by Sakura02 »

Ecchi Sketchy
(I have yet to officially give it a logo but I'll do that later)

NEWS UPDATE- March 13th wrote: Overall progress 13%

I'm scheduling the release date for sometime late next year.
I'm hoping I might get some more feedback since the first time I posted this thread it was just mostly to point out that I posted in the wrong section and that my project sounded like a failure. :?
Anyways I'm still working on it. The game I would say is about 12% complete. Although sadly my computer crashed due to a virus and i may or may not have lost 5-6hrs worth of coding and 2-3 illustrations. Whatever, still moving forward.

Right now I have over 3000-5000 lines of code/ dialogue.
239 images so far in my game folder. Which includes backgrounds, sprites and just regular illustrations.

I also have access to garage band which is awesome cause that means I'll be composing original music for this game as well. EPIC WIN. Again this is still a solo project. :o Story, Art, Coding, and now Music by me. Just because.

Right now I'm working on the day where you can choose which club you want to join. Some bachelorettes you can only meet and date through clubs. However I have 3 out of the 13 which you can date without joining a club. I'm still working on balancing out the overall difficulty of the game in terms what the requirements are to get the girl of your choice. I have 6 of the characters back stories fully flushed out too. Oh i also addressed the anatomy issues with the boobs in one of my illustrations which was mentioned, i have to update it.. eventually.

Anyways i thought I post an update to show that I'm still working on this and even though it's huge project I'm confidence I have the dedication and discipline to get this done. It's still in its early stages, but I already have a lot of content. I also watched a friend test play through 1 day and I got a lot of laughs and good feedback so I'm feeling pretty good about this project.

Ecchi sketchy is going to be my first VN project. Pretty much I'm just going to have fun with it.

Main Concept:

The protagonist was on his way to a boarding school via a ferry when suddenly a storm rolled in and he found himself being tossed over board. He awoke to a strange island filled with cat girls, cow girls, elves etc. One thing lead to another and somehow he found himself owing a debt to a club at his new school. They claim to be a regular photo club, but in reality all they do is try and sneak pervy pictures of the girls in their class.

It's up to you to decide whether you really want to be bothered, or go along with it and sneak pictures of the girls getting dressed in the locker rooms, or sexy swimsuits, or the classic panty shots in the wind. Or you can just choose cut school completely and find something else to do on a day to day basis. Maybe one of the girls will fall in love with you, or you can just be a complete jerk. Or maybe you decide you wanna hook up your guy friends with the girl of their dreams. There are many possibilities as to how you want to go through the story.

Because this is my first game, my lack of programming knowledge is going to limit the amt of features I can pull off. So right now this VN will mainly be all about menu choices :( So I'm trying to make up for my handicap by focusing my effort in other areas

Goals of the project

- 13+ girls to possible date. (At least 5 need to be unlocked as a result of following special story paths)
I know that's a lot of work to do so we'll see if I can stay true to this.) But don't fear! Each one will have their own unique story arch you can play through if you decide to date them. Also I'm a pretty quick draw. I'm 4 months into this project and I'm not backing out yet.

- Each choice leads to something different.
For replay value sake, every choice is going to lead to something completely different and effect the story in a new way. There will always be something new to experience.

- Many character illustrations as well as sprites
To break up the monotony of sprites since this game may be pretty long.

- Different ways to approach the story

Even though the main focus surrounds school life. There are options to completely opt out and do something different. You can just stay home, or get a job instead. I promise no matter what the choice it'll be eventful to say the least.

- It's funny and plain fun

Because this is my first project it's really laid-back. I got 2 of my friends to test a small 5min sample of it and got them either smiling or snickering. (One was a male friend the other was a female friend) So that's a good sign so far.

-There's fan service
Self explanatory. Although I promise there will be some sort of meaningful story behind it all.

- A gallery for each character
To see how unlock different illustrations (Once I figure out how to do this) You don't even need to go through a character arch to unlock their pictures in the gallery.

Illustrative scenes
Her left boob is really bothering me I might fix it later.

the thumb is on the wrong side again OTL will fix eventually too.
Your typical Loli professor.
Other Screen Shots
Mocha and Isis.

Putz and Taku the leaders of the *cough* the exclusive photo club
I have yet to figure out how to customize the text box and figure out all the character name colors. So these screen shots are not final.

Thing I'm trying to figuring out

1. How exactly do I rate this game. There will be suggestive or sexy shots but no full on nudity will be shown XD. Obviously I haven't given any examples here. But think along the lines of the anime 'He is my Master, Love Hina, Saber Marionette J (the manga) Green Green

2. Some of my characters may fall into the character stereotypes (Then again I'm doing some of it on purpose). I'm trying to make them interesting, but after reading some previous discussions I'm at a lost as to how I can make a moody, angry female character without her immediately being dismissed at the typical tsundere type. If this is even a problem?

-------

And that's it. BTW this is a solo project XD. Backgrounds, Sprites, Story all by me. I might have to hunt down some free background music and SFX later *_*
Comments, Questions welcomed ^_^
Attachments
milkcoco.jpg
Last edited by Sakura02 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Alphonse
Regular

Re: [New WIP] Ecchi Sketchy (I'm just piling on the fan-serv

#2 Post by Alphonse »

This is a game where you play as a boy and pursue girls, isn't it? It seems you posted this in the wrong place. This is the GxB section, for games where girls pursue boys.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewforum.php?f=16 is where you should post non-GxB games. ^-^

(Also, you customize the textbox by looking in options.rpy and uncommenting:

Code: Select all

# style.window.background = Frame("frame.png", 12, 12)
Then you make a textbox, save it as frame.png and put it in your game directory.)

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

Yes, this topic should be moved into the general Works in Progress thread. That said, here's some advice...

Sakura02, have you read "Real Life: A Bishoujo Adventure" ( http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =11&t=3354 and http://www.renai.us/game/realife.shtml )? It's a little bit similar to your Ecchi Sketchy idea, in that it's a harem story intended to be ridiculous, and in that it has "fanservice" moments that are not explicit.

Also, you stated that your game will include thirteen potential love interests, an elaborate decision tree, and quite a bit of gameplay. It sounds like a complex project. Do you have other people willing to help you with art, writing, and debugging? And do you intend to release this as a commercial product? If not, you may want to scale back your game. It can be a lot of work just to create a simple VN. The more you add, the more work you have to do... And it's easy to give up if you don't have help, and if you're working for free.

Finally, if you want to create a story with 2D characters that you consider attractive or amusing, go ahead... especially if you find that a motivating factor. Just keep in mind that not everyone will agree with your tastes. (When I watched the Green Green anime TV series, I became a fan of Arisa, the BL fangirl. And in terms of 2D girls, I rarely like characters who have absurdly large breasts. Your mileage may vary.)

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#4 Post by Sapphi »

Even though I'm not a fan of ecchi stuff, I really love your art (as I said before). It has a fun quality to it and I can tell you're having fun making it. I am looking forward to see more of fox-girl and cow-girls ^_^
Some of my characters may fall into the character stereotypes (Then again I'm doing some of it on purpose). I'm trying to make them interesting, but after reading some previous discussions I'm at a lost as to how I can make a moody, angry female character without her immediately being dismissed at the typical tsundere type. If this is even a problem?
If this is supposed to be a silly, parody story, I wouldn't worry about it, but if you want people to actually like your character and not just shrug them off as yet another cut-out tsundere girl, just tone down the tsun a little bit, lol. If she's running around hitting the protagonist all the time and never acting somewhat normal, ya got too much tsun.

Also... is there a reason there are so many fantasy women running around, but the guys are normal humans (hm, it seems weird to use 'normal humans' to refer to them... :lol: )?
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Liminality
Regular
Projects: Sorayume no Kaze BxG VN

#5 Post by Liminality »

I personally LOVE Tsundere characters, so even if you end up having a "typical" tsundere, its not necessarily bad at all. However, the stereotype is a lot more complex than people believe it to be. [As one of the few people consistently being called a tsundere, as weeaboo-ish as it sounds to "brag" about, I've done a lot of research on creating a well-rounded tsundere character that doesn't just fall into the stereotype].

What I guess you consider to be run of the mill, cookie cutter tsundere falls into the same category as the four tsundere wonders... Shana, Taiga, Louise, and that girl whose name I can never remember. However, while these characters are considered "natural" tsundere, they're really a specific type... which you'll notice because they all have the same damn voice actress.

Creating a perfect tsundere is difficult. The true balance is finding their normal stage. Even a tsundere acts normally, then passes to tsun and dere from the normal state, whether the normal state lasts a fraction of a second or several hours. A tsundere is also very prideful, but their pride is covered by insecurity. In order to resist rejection, they feign rejectance. While most people normally have a bit of tsundere nature to them, a tsundere's cold stage lasts a lot longer. You just need to tone down the pride to get rid of a little tsun. A tsundere might also change over time instead of between different people, just becoming warmer but taking longer to do so.

Similar stereotypes you might want to work with include things like kuudere.... errr... check TV Tropes. Its helpful for character design. Yeah.
Zuzu of Liminality Project
Game in Progress
Sorayume no Kaze: B x G
See Here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=8627

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#6 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

The thing to ask yourself, how many moody, angry females do you actually know? Sure everyone is moody sometimes, but it usually has a reason. You are going for a more comedy/non-realistic route, so I don't think there is much you can do about this if you want to have an angry and moody female. I personally strongly dislike character types, I prefer characters to be 3D with thoughts and motivations. However this doesn't sound like what you are going for, so I wouldn't worry about it and continue doing what you are doing.

I am not going to berate you over the huge breast thing. That is your choice and you have a right to do whatever you want. However, considering that most of your drawings are reasonably anatomically correct, I feel that I should mention that some of the boobs, especially the cow-person, just look weird in comparison. I realise you have done quite a bit of art work for this already so I don't really expect you to go change everything (that would be silly) but for future reference, boobs are like water balloons, not helium balloons. Breasts are basically fat mounds, which give them weight and soft density. No matter how big the boobs, there should be about a full hand width from the base of the throat to the beginning of the breast (unless the are fake which means the sit a little higher and have a definite line where they begin instead if it being smooth. They look more like hemispheres stuck under the skin instead of water balloons.) Your's float too high and lack that feeling of weight that gives boobs that sexy, squishy appeal.

Overall, I think this is one hell of a game to tackle, good luck with it.

Sakura02
Regular

[New WIP] Ecchi Sketchy

#7 Post by Sakura02 »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:
I am not going to berate you over the huge breast thing. That is your choice and you have a right to do whatever you want. However, considering that most of your drawings are reasonably anatomically correct, I feel that I should mention that some of the boobs, especially the cow-person, just look weird in comparison. I realise you have done quite a bit of art work for this already so I don't really expect you to go change everything (that would be silly) but for future reference, boobs are like water balloons, not helium balloons. Breasts are basically fat mounds, which give them weight and soft density. No matter how big the boobs, there should be about a full hand width from the base of the throat to the beginning of the breast (unless the are fake which means the sit a little higher and have a definite line where they begin instead if it being smooth. They look more like hemispheres stuck under the skin instead of water balloons.) Your's float too high and lack that feeling of weight that gives boobs that sexy, squishy appeal.

Overall, I think this is one hell of a game to tackle, good luck with it.
Lolz I'm doing the big bust thing on purpose. A couple of the characters, about 3 or 4 have that ridiculous OMG Boobs bigger than their faces. XD I have 3 characters that are just outright flat chested, and the others are... normal? Hmm although you do have a point. I was making them stylized but I guess I'm going to have work on that ^_^;;
gekiganwing wrote:Yes, this topic should be moved into the general Works in Progress thread. That said, here's some advice...

Sakura02, have you read "Real Life: A Bishoujo Adventure" ( http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =11&t=3354 and http://www.renai.us/game/realife.shtml )? It's a little bit similar to your Ecchi Sketchy idea, in that it's a harem story intended to be ridiculous, and in that it has "fanservice" moments that are not explicit.

Also, you stated that your game will include thirteen potential love interests, an elaborate decision tree, and quite a bit of gameplay. It sounds like a complex project. Do you have other people willing to help you with art, writing, and debugging? And do you intend to release this as a commercial product? If not, you may want to scale back your game. It can be a lot of work just to create a simple VN. The more you add, the more work you have to do... And it's easy to give up if you don't have help, and if you're working for free....

Ohh I played 'Real Life: A Bishoujo Adventure"' :D It was fun. I'm pretty confident I can tackle everything. The only thing I'm worried about is proof-reading. O_O; I have like a 40% typo/ grammatical error rate OTL which I don't do on purpose. Also it's not going to be commercial, it's mostly for my own amusement, to learn Renpy, and practice drawing girls.
Alphonse wrote:This is a game where you play as a boy and pursue girls, isn't it? It seems you posted this in the wrong place. This is the GxB section, for games where girls pursue boys.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewforum.php?f=16 is where you should post non-GxB games. ^-^

(Also, you customize the textbox by looking in options.rpy and uncommenting:

Code: Select all

# style.window.background = Frame("frame.png", 12, 12)
Then you make a textbox, save it as frame.png and put it in your game directory.)
OMGZ Thank you *0* I guess it's not as complicated as I thought it would be
Sapphi wrote:Even though I'm not a fan of ecchi stuff, I really love your art (as I said before). It has a fun quality to it and I can tell you're having fun making it. I am looking forward to see more of fox-girl and cow-girls ^_^

If this is supposed to be a silly, parody story, I wouldn't worry about it, but if you want people to actually like your character and not just shrug them off as yet another cut-out tsundere girl, just tone down the tsun a little bit, lol. If she's running around hitting the protagonist all the time and never acting somewhat normal, ya got too much tsun.

Also... is there a reason there are so many fantasy women running around, but the guys are normal humans (hm, it seems weird to use 'normal humans' to refer to them... :lol: )?
Hehe I'm pretty sure because of the theme of the game it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Sadly XD you can't go through the entire game without encountering some kind of ecchi situation. But you can try to avoid most of it based on decisions.

There is a reason for all the fantasy characters but, it's a spoiler XD. He's not the only human there though, there are other human characters, so he's not completely out of place.

Thanks for the advice.
Last edited by Sakura02 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: [New WIP] Ecchi Sketchy

#8 Post by sake-bento »

I merged your threads so that you can still have the initial responses to your first thread. In the future, if you need to move a thread, just report the post by clicking on the little red exclamation point in the bottom right corner of your post and tell us it's in the wrong forum. One of the admins will move the thread for you so you don't have to create a new one.

Sakura02
Regular

#9 Post by Sakura02 »

sake-bento wrote:I merged your threads so that you can still have the initial responses to your first thread. In the future, if you need to move a thread, just report the post by clicking on the little red exclamation point in the bottom right corner of your post and tell us it's in the wrong forum. One of the admins will move the thread for you so you don't have to create a new one.
Lol it appears you were moving the thread at the same time I was creating a new one and closing down the old one ^_^ Sorry x__X Should have known better. I got confused.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#10 Post by sake-bento »

It's not a problem. The button is easy to miss if you don't already know it's there.

Sakura02
Regular

#11 Post by Sakura02 »

Opps double post ignore

Liminality
Regular
Projects: Sorayume no Kaze BxG VN

#12 Post by Liminality »

By the way, I keep coming back to look, and I really love the variety of your character design. If you manage to finish this, I'm definitely playing it. Just don't let me down with the character personalities! D8 You have to make every character well-rounded, even in such a massive project! I really like the main character design too.
Zuzu of Liminality Project
Game in Progress
Sorayume no Kaze: B x G
See Here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=8627

Sakura02
Regular

#13 Post by Sakura02 »

Added an update. Can anyone give me anymore actual feedback? or ask questions? or suggest something?

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#14 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Hi there! :D
well I didn't see this thread before, but I like the tsundere character.
he looked like my character in my project though O_O, but still different
(my drawing is ugly!)
xDDD

I'm amazed by how you want to do this your own :)
I can't do that T^T and wow 13 girls available?!OwO

Interesting story,I like that small rabbit girl that looked shy :3
I'm looking forward for this! well I'm not an ecchi fan xD and their O_O
boobs? xDD too big >A<
lolz

Is there any specific details for their profiles though? for the girls~
xD

Sakura02
Regular

#15 Post by Sakura02 »

Well I was going to keep most of it secret but i suppose I can giveaway from details ^_^. i mean all the other threads do it.

Name:
Bonnie
Club: Art club
Hobbies: Painting
Personality: Shy, withdrawn, quiet, skittish.

Bonnie is a shy girl who rather run and hide than talk. However, once she becomes familiar with someone she'll open up to them.
Her father aspired to be a great artist but didn't quite make the cut, so now Bonnie is determined to become a famous artist for him.

Name: Era 404
Club: Technology
Hobbies: Anything digital
Personality: Monotone, robotic, direct and curt.

A strange robot girl who claims she can communicate with digital devices. Her hobbies are fixing up old computers.
She has a hard time relating to human emotions and thoughts. As a result she found herself in a somewhat abusive relationship
completely unaware about what 'real' love it. Hmm can the main character help her?

Name:
Hansel (I don't like this name i may change it)
Club: Fashion Club
Hobbies: Sewing, glamour, anything trendy
Personality: Stuck up, Sassy, attitude

Hansel is the queen-bee of the school, because her family is filthy rich and everyone wants to be her friend. Even though she
puts up a snobby rich girl attitude in the school, there is a secret about her that may make you think differently about her.

Name:
Harie
Club: Drama
Hobbies: Acting, Playwright
Personality: Outgoing, cheerful, optimistic

Not much is known about Harie outside of her school life. She loves acting in traditional theater as well as writing plays.

Name: Isis
Club: Student Council
Hobbies: Organizing things.
Personality: Stern, bitchy, tsundere like

Isis is considered the wet blanket of the school. She's all about rules, law and order. She runs student council with an iron-fist.
She has a tough exterior, but once cracked she has a kind interior. Just takes a lot of patience. Her main objective is to bust the
photo club for taking ecchi pictures.

Name: Kat
Club: Supernatural Club
Hobbies: The Paranormal
Personality: Quiet, level headed (the type of character who you never know what their thinking)

Kat doesn't speak and can only communicate through writing. (Still working out story)

Name: Melon Seed Watez
Club: Cooking
Hobbies: Cooking, Gardening
Personality: Kooky, an oddball, random, cheerful, oblivious

Melon is the oddball character who sometimes says completely random things and goes off about things that aren't necessary.
Melon takes care of the school garden and loves to cook. (Still working on story)

Name: Ming Mei
Club: Swimming
Hobbies: Swimming
Personality: Quiet, intimidating, stern, comes off as cold.

Ming Mei comes off as intimidating to most people since she always has a stern expression and she's very tall and slightly buff for a girl. Ming Mei has dedicated her entire life
towards swimming. She wishes to one day swim in the Olympics. Sadly Ming Mei is so caught up in her goals that she doesn't do much of anything else.

Name: Mocha Latte
Club: Student Council
Hobbies: ??
Personality: Sweet, caring, Pleasant, gentle

Mocha is one of the first characters you meet in the story. She's kind and caring and is always looking out for others.
She works in her parents Cafe, however something seems to be slightly amiss in her life. She smiles and acts normal
at school but something sinister is happening in her life.

Name: Niki
Club: Literature
Hobbies: Reading books
Personality: Somewhat shy, nice, gentle

Niki helps out at the school's library, she loves books of any kind. She seems like your typical high school girl, but she harbors
a secret no one can find out about.

SPECIAL CHARACTERS:

name: Inu
Club: none
Hobbies:??
Personality: Quiet, mysterious, never smiles, humble

Inu is a mysterious character who drives a pedi-cab driving you where ever you want. But why? and under who's orders?
She also does not attend school and lives out on the streets like a stray.

Name: Lampuka/ Kami (debating between names)
Club: None
Hobbies: Beach
Personality: CRAZY HYPERACTIVITY, CHEERFUL, HAPPY, LOUD

At first glance she doesn't appear like it but once she starts talking you soon realize that her quiet eyes are a mask hiding her
super outgoing personality, loud, hyperactive personality. She runs a bar and grill on the beach. If you decide not to do the school arch you can choose to
find a job and work with her.

PHEW...