The GXB Rebellion[otome]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Message
Author
User avatar
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:02 am
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Is this a good story for a GXB visual novel/RPG game?

#16 Post by Auro-Cyanide » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:19 am

nero279 wrote:no,no,no you dont have to buy any
tablets are optional
Paint Tool Sai is important cause all you have to do is outline,edit, color, shade
tablets are for drawing purposes
and im cursed cos i cant use it anymore without buying sai ^_^"
theres a trial there (if u dont wanna pay)
when it finishes, youll need to uninstall at the start tab and then install the trial again
but i did an error before i know that so i cant use it anymore
dont spam me about the sai trial not paying thing ^_^"
That doesn't make much sense. How is a drawing program separate from a drawing tool? A tablet increases your control exponentially. It is pretty important if you want to do digital painting with any speed efficiency.

User avatar
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm
Completed: Cerulean, The Photographer, The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea, Stalker&Yandere
Deviantart: allenwalkerlove
itch: yuukipudding
Contact:

Re: Is this a good story for a GXB visual novel/RPG game?

#17 Post by YuukiCrossPudding » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:20 am

Lolz
I just download it
well I think it's a good program :3
well how's your VN making plan goes on??

User avatar
ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:50 am
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Re: Is this a good story for a GXB visual novel/RPG game?

#18 Post by ofdawnandtwilight » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:23 am

Auro-Cyanide wrote:@Yuuki Paint Sai and a tablet.

For this game, unless you are going for the comedic/parody route, I would want a really, really good reason for females and males to fight each other. For that matter I would want a very good reason as why the females are still able to fight. A human population usually sits around 50% for males and female because of the chance of a child being male or female. Unless all the females are Amazons or have some advantage, such as technology, they wouldn't be able to hold against males. Males have the advantage on strength, physique and psyche. Though if you can write it well, it could be very interesting, I would just want pretty good rationales, unless it isn't meant to be serious.

A good example of females and males at war in a really serious sense would be the Black Jewel Series (series of books, not for young ones though) The overview of it is
One strong and ambitious female wanted power. She gathered like minded people and destroyed the stronger opponents and potential threats. She twisted the weaker males and chained the stronger ones when they were young. The males, fearful of females reaching powerful maturity, destroyed them while young. Females, fearing the males, chained powerful young males. Thus a dangerous spiral was created were the strong destroyed potential threats. This is set in a world were females are the stronger sex and are meant to rule, and males are to serve and protect. The spiral is a corruption of what they are and why the war between the sexes will eventually destroy them all.
This is a rather dark example, but it is rationally built up and both sides have a reason for doing what they do. Females and males wouldn't fight each other without good reason. Plus, it has a pretty good stance as to how females stand against males you are physically stronger.
im still making progress for the cause
and yes usually people says that females are much intelligent than males
so they have much more technology resources
while male only depends on their own strength and basic weapons
so i concluded that their chances of winning are about 50/50

User avatar
ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:50 am
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Re: Is this a good story for a GXB visual novel/RPG game?

#19 Post by ofdawnandtwilight » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:26 am

Auro-Cyanide wrote:
nero279 wrote:no,no,no you dont have to buy any
tablets are optional
Paint Tool Sai is important cause all you have to do is outline,edit, color, shade
tablets are for drawing purposes
and im cursed cos i cant use it anymore without buying sai ^_^"
theres a trial there (if u dont wanna pay)
when it finishes, youll need to uninstall at the start tab and then install the trial again
but i did an error before i know that so i cant use it anymore
dont spam me about the sai trial not paying thing ^_^"
That doesn't make much sense. How is a drawing program separate from a drawing tool? A tablet increases your control exponentially. It is pretty important if you want to do digital painting with any speed efficiency.

thats why i need someone who could draw at the computer to outline because there are some people i've met have those skills
of course most uses tablets but outlining doesnt need much drawing skill cause they just outline according to the drawings

User avatar
ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:50 am
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Re: Is this a good story for a GXB visual novel/RPG game?

#20 Post by ofdawnandtwilight » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:27 am

YuukiCrossPudding wrote:Lolz
I just download it
well I think it's a good program :3
well how's your VN making plan goes on??
im making progress with the script i'll fix the sketches later

User avatar
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:02 am
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Is this a good story for a GXB visual novel/RPG game?

#21 Post by Auro-Cyanide » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:04 am

nero279 wrote:im still making progress for the cause
and yes usually people says that females are much intelligent than males
so they have much more technology resources
while male only depends on their own strength and basic weapons
so i concluded that their chances of winning are about 50/50
I don't think that is true. Females and males have equal chances of being intelligent. There tend to be trends in certain psychological traits that define males and females, but the are equally intelligent. Both would have strong access to whatever technology is available in that world.

It is kind of a difficult thing to deal with seriously. If you have war going on the population is going to grind to a halt or you would have each side using each other for populating purposes, which is a pretty dark theme to deal with. Males and females need each other after all. I think there would also have to be a very good reason for husbands and wifes to abandon each other.

Basically, I think you have some world building ahead of you. There is no way I could see males and females fighting in societies that are set up similar to our own. There is love and families to begin with. Males and females are drawn to each other. Even in countries were females are terribly repressed, they have not created war. Plus I have no doubt that there are genuine examples of love and kindness even there. So in your world there will have to be some historical setting that divides the sexs for some reason. You may even have to create a different set of needs so that they are not dependent on each other.

If we take your senerio you will need to decide why males are backwards compared to females? If females really are intellectually superior, then why ? Are the females overly intellegent because they have access to knowledge for some reason? Are the males mentally inferior for genetic reasons? (which wouldn't make for the most exciting dating game). Whatever the reasons, there are a fair few whys to consider.

But like I said, that is if you are taking a serious route. While I prefer everything to make sense on way or another, other people can make pretty great leaps in suspension. I would still recommend that you put some thought into causes and such, but because of the difficulty of the themes, you may wish to glaze over some things.

User avatar
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm
Completed: Cerulean, The Photographer, The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea, Stalker&Yandere
Deviantart: allenwalkerlove
itch: yuukipudding
Contact:

Re: Is this a good story for a GXB visual novel/RPG game?

#22 Post by YuukiCrossPudding » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:25 am

I'll try to redo the outlines using sai tools
well since I never use it
I'll figure it out and show you the pic later...

User avatar
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm
Completed: Cerulean, The Photographer, The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea, Stalker&Yandere
Deviantart: allenwalkerlove
itch: yuukipudding
Contact:

Re: Is this a good story for a GXB visual novel/RPG game?

#23 Post by YuukiCrossPudding » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:57 am

Tadaa...first outline with sai tools...
ugly ToT
Attachments
Image012edited.jpg

User avatar
ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:50 am
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Re: Is this a good story for a GXB visual novel/RPG game?

#24 Post by ofdawnandtwilight » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Auro-Cyanide wrote:
nero279 wrote:im still making progress for the cause
and yes usually people says that females are much intelligent than males
so they have much more technology resources
while male only depends on their own strength and basic weapons
so i concluded that their chances of winning are about 50/50
I don't think that is true. Females and males have equal chances of being intelligent. There tend to be trends in certain psychological traits that define males and females, but the are equally intelligent. Both would have strong access to whatever technology is available in that world.

It is kind of a difficult thing to deal with seriously. If you have war going on the population is going to grind to a halt or you would have each side using each other for populating purposes, which is a pretty dark theme to deal with. Males and females need each other after all. I think there would also have to be a very good reason for husbands and wifes to abandon each other.

Basically, I think you have some world building ahead of you. There is no way I could see males and females fighting in societies that are set up similar to our own. There is love and families to begin with. Males and females are drawn to each other. Even in countries were females are terribly repressed, they have not created war. Plus I have no doubt that there are genuine examples of love and kindness even there. So in your world there will have to be some historical setting that divides the sexs for some reason. You may even have to create a different set of needs so that they are not dependent on each other.

If we take your senerio you will need to decide why males are backwards compared to females? If females really are intellectually superior, then why ? Are the females overly intellegent because they have access to knowledge for some reason? Are the males mentally inferior for genetic reasons? (which wouldn't make for the most exciting dating game). Whatever the reasons, there are a fair few whys to consider.

But like I said, that is if you are taking a serious route. While I prefer everything to make sense on way or another, other people can make pretty great leaps in suspension. I would still recommend that you put some thought into causes and such, but because of the difficulty of the themes, you may wish to glaze over some things.

ouch when you say it like that some things ive thought about are a bit complicated
but maybe i could pm you and tell you about what ive thought about
if you dont mind and fix some of my messed up plans
can i?

User avatar
ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:50 am
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Re: Is this a good story for a GXB visual novel/RPG game?

#25 Post by ofdawnandtwilight » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:23 pm

YuukiCrossPudding wrote:Tadaa...first outline with sai tools...
ugly ToT
not ugly at all :o :D
i think that it's better than my first attempt :oops:
but i think you should make her skin has dark shades also
i've been learning and i think that you should imagine that there's a light reflecting from a side
example if the light is on her right, make her skin darker at her left
that should work i guess XD

and this is my first drawing with Sai for a contest entry
Attachments
Untitled-2_edited.jpg
UGLY!>_<

User avatar
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:02 am
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Is this a good story for a GXB visual novel/RPG game?

#26 Post by Auro-Cyanide » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:59 pm

nero279 wrote:ouch when you say it like that some things ive thought about are a bit complicated
but maybe i could pm you and tell you about what ive thought about
if you dont mind and fix some of my messed up plans
can i?
Yeah, it is a rather complicated issue. You can PM me, I would be happy to discuss the plot with you and what you have so far.
I have been thinking about it and I think the best way for you to approach it would be to have a GROUP of males and a GROUP of females at war with each other. This would make sense, especially if they were young and were trying to push ideals on each other. There would still have to be a cause, a trigger that would set this war in motion and set the two groups against each other, but it would be much easier to handle then having all females and males at war with each other.

User avatar
LVUER
King of Lolies
Posts: 4538
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:57 pm
Completed: R.S.P
Location: Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
Contact:

Re: GXB Visual Novel/RPG Project

#27 Post by LVUER » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:32 pm

Unless you want to make semi-serious things like Vandread. Due to the similarity with the stories, I think you are inspired by Vandread?
In case you never watch it, in Vandread, male and female is in constant war with each other (they are live in different planet). Female is more advanced (using variety kind of spaceship) while male is less advanced and always losing to female all this time (but when the anime start, they have just build a new weapon, humanoid mechas).
Though Vandread is somewhat less serious, it is very dark... And you wouldn't believe what they thought for the second season
The main protagonist have two offspring, from two different girl (two from three main heroine from first season). This two kids are the main protagonist for second season... of course this was quickly abandoned since it encourages polygamy... which is bad (and could be banned).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

User avatar
ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:50 am
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Re: GXB Visual Novel/RPG Project

#28 Post by ofdawnandtwilight » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:59 pm

LVUER wrote:Unless you want to make semi-serious things like Vandread. Due to the similarity with the stories, I think you are inspired by Vandread?
In case you never watch it, in Vandread, male and female is in constant war with each other (they are live in different planet). Female is more advanced (using variety kind of spaceship) while male is less advanced and always losing to female all this time (but when the anime start, they have just build a new weapon, humanoid mechas).
Though Vandread is somewhat less serious, it is very dark... And you wouldn't believe what they thought for the second season
The main protagonist have two offspring, from two different girl (two from three main heroine from first season). This two kids are the main protagonist for second season... of course this was quickly abandoned since it encourages polygamy... which is bad (and could be banned).

i've only watched the 1st episode and i couldn't understand what the story was about until my sister told me
but i've had this idea before i watched vandread so i guess......no?

PurplePavlova
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:40 am
Contact:

Re: GXB Visual Novel/RPG Project Searching For Lots Of Peopl

#29 Post by PurplePavlova » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:06 am

Hello :D
I would love to help you out!!!
I can do character art, but I haven't even tried drawing backgrounds before lol ^^"
Anyway, if you want, here's my DA:
http://purplepavlova.deviantart.com/
I don't really have...anything much on it at all...and what's on it was done quickly...
And I can do a coloured version of your sketch, but would you mind if I did my own version of it??
It's just that I colour best when using my own style
Anyway, good luck with this project!

User avatar
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm
Completed: Cerulean, The Photographer, The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea, Stalker&Yandere
Deviantart: allenwalkerlove
itch: yuukipudding
Contact:

Re: GXB Visual Novel/RPG Project Searching For Lots Of Peopl

#30 Post by YuukiCrossPudding » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:04 am

Maybe you could make the reason of their war is something
: The male is more superior I mean they're more appreciated in society because they're male, and the female is not appreciated. There's a large difference in the society. Then the female actually smart too, but they just can't tell their opinions etc.
The man thought female are lower than them. So after many years, there's some female group who can't stand this anymore and started a war between man and woman. Then a long war happen in that planet, or place. between male and female.
So, maybe the main char is brought so can make peace between them, because she's a girl right? But she looked like (or act) like boy.
Maybe that's one reason she's summoned....

Well that's my opinion... but well yeah...


BTW! I tried to make sprite using sai again...well it turned out like this.. >_<
Attachments
rosa.png

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users