Caught in between GxB (WIP). Update(April 15, 2011) 1st page

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

Caught in between GxB (WIP). Update(April 15, 2011) 1st page

#1 Post by SilverxBlue »

Hi...

After a few weeks here on the forums, I decided to make my first ever visual novel.
Just wanted to have a go so that I could try using renpy.
When we were children, they never drew me towards depraved or extreme situations. But now it feels like it is too much, I'm confused, I don't know who is right or who is wrong, I cannot take a side because I can't stand seeing one of them hurt. Why can't they just be friends again? Why do they have to make me pick? What happened to the boys I used to know?
Plot
The title of the game is Caught in between. You'll be playing the role of a girl named Tanaka Shione she has two childhood friends named Masaru and Kenji. All three of them were inseparable, they went to the the same grade school, the same middle school, and now the three of them went to the same high school. But, when High school came they went to different clubs. Masaru the smart guy joined the book club and the Science club while Kenji became more athletic by joining the Basketball team. Shione, being a great singer, decided to join her school choir. There she met Misaki and instantly became her friend. Misaki was a great friend, and Shione is so grateful that she met her, besides the fact she has OCD and that she constantly reprimands Shione for being lazy. So, Shione lived her High School with Misaki, Masaru and Kenji as her best friends. However, during those two years in High School Masaru and Kenji started to grow apart, Masaru spent more time with his "geek" friends and Kenji spent more time with the jocks. But, they still occasionally go together with Misaki and Shione during lunch and during their walks to and from school. Then came senior year Masaru and Kenji finally grew apart they started to throw offensive insults towards each other and they never spoke to each other again. Shione is still friends with both of them, and her friendship with them is giving her a very big problem because when Masaru and Kenji asks her to choose a side, she cannot answer and since she cannot pick a side yet. She decided to be with Misaki all the time even though she really misses the company of both of the guys .

You will be guiding Shione on her senior-year. It is up to you which guy she would choose. You will determine what her fate would be on her final year in high school. Will you finally pick a side or will you be able to make Masaru and Kenji friends again?

Character Bio

I've changed their names to Japanese names

Main Character
Caroline Henderson Tanaka Shione
*long brown layered hair.
*brown eyes
*height around 169 cm
* She can sing and dance
* Best Trait- She can give great advice and she is a great tutor.
* Worst Trait- She easily gets annoyed and when she's annoyed she tends to be really sarcastic.
*Likes- music
*Dislikes- Chores and Having to organize her things.

The guys in the game.

Trevor Sausser Nakaegawa Masaru
*Height around 181 cm
* Dark-green eyes (He wears glasses.)
* Short brown hair.
* Shy around other people but talks a lot when with friends.
* MC is his only female friend
* A very smart guy. (He is actually in the running for school Valedictorian)
* A bit of a schizoid.
* likes- Books and studying.
*dislikes- people who bully his friends and girls who try to charm him into letting them copy his quizzes or homework.

David Adams Sasaki Kenji
*Height around 183 cm
* Blonde spiky hair
* Playful-looking blue eyes
* Likes to play pranks
* A very sweet guy
* He loves chocolate (When he doesn't get to consume chocolate he gets really cranky.)
*likes- Chocolate(Obviously.) and Sports.
*dislikes- anything that involves computation (such as Physics and Math) and being called stupid.

Side Character
Amber Prince Koizumi Misaki
* Short red hair
* Gray eyes
* Height around 163 cm
* Has OCD
* The one who organizes Shione's very unorganized things
* likes- Cleanliness, Music (She is in the school choir together with Shione.)
*dislikes- Dirty things and Math (Even if she studies hard for this subject she always ends up with a C or C+ as her grade, as a result she always asks Shione to tutor her.)

Sorry, if you guys think my story is a bit too cliche. This is my first VN so I decided to make a simple story. (If I put the usual stories I write this whole VN would be a lot more complicated) :shock:

There would be 6+ endings.
Progress.
Story-100%
Script- 75%
Sprite- 0%
Art(CGs)-0%

Sorry I had to break my promise. I couldn't post the character portraits. I have to bug my friend again into letting me have them.
Writer/Programmer- Me
CG artist- juryia
Sprite artist- Elze

CAUGHT IN BETWEEN: A CHILDHOOD PROLOGUE = DONE! :)

If anyone is still interested please volunteer so that this project could make progress at a faster rate and anyway, the more the merrier..! :)
Last edited by SilverxBlue on Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:47 am, edited 30 times in total.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

Re: Caught in between. Recruiting :)

#2 Post by SilverxBlue »

Comment and Suggestions would be appreciated..! :)
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Kael
Regular
Projects: Roaming, Red Snow??? Some others as composer.

#3 Post by Kael »

Sounds interesting. Be sure to give a really unique route to all the characters, not just a final ending CG.

Good luck!

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by SilverxBlue »

Kael wrote:Sounds interesting. Be sure to give a really unique route to all the characters, not just a final ending CG.

Good luck!
Thank you..! I've been trying to make the route and the script as unique as possible since the plot is a bit too cliche.
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

juryia
Projects: CG artist for Caught in between

#5 Post by juryia »

Hi there!.. Can I apply for the CG artist position?.. :D you can see my sample works here: cocojam.deviantart.com

IceD
Veteran

#6 Post by IceD »

I have to admit, I like this idea. It may be a little standard, but in overall this already looks like a preety solid and well designed story; remember, that the execution is what really matters. You have most of the things fleshed-out and the characters seem to be likeable. The story isn't also that much complicated and it means you're propably manage to finish it and do that in a decent ammount of time. All in all, it's a great idea to begin with and I think you've already found another good artist :)

I also like how you described the characters. You don't have to worry about anything, I'll think you will do well.
If there's something you need, don't be afraid to ask, we will try to help as much as we can.

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

#7 Post by Elenakiara »

It looks like you have a good subject, that I'm sure you'll make into an even better story! :) I've got confidence in you!! *cheerleader moment* xD
juryia wrote:Hi there!.. Can I apply for the CG artist position?.. :D you can see my sample works here: cocojam.deviantart.com
Oh wow, your art's really good! T__T! You'll surely be a good VN artist! xD
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by SilverxBlue »

juryia wrote:Hi there!.. Can I apply for the CG artist position?.. :D you can see my sample works here: cocojam.deviantart.com
Wow..! :shock: All of your works are really good, I liked them a lot...
No doubt about it, you can have the CG artist position. :D Thank you very much for your interest, (I thought I would be doomed to have no artist..!)
I'll be adding you as a friend here so that we could still keep in touch..! :)
Once I have a final design for the characters i'll post it here so you could have an idea what the characters would look like.
Once again thank you. :)
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by SilverxBlue »

IceD wrote:I have to admit, I like this idea. It may be a little standard, but in overall this already looks like a preety solid and well designed story; remember, that the execution is what really matters. You have most of the things fleshed-out and the characters seem to be likeable. The story isn't also that much complicated and it means you're propably manage to finish it and do that in a decent ammount of time. All in all, it's a great idea to begin with and I think you've already found another good artist :)

I also like how you described the characters. You don't have to worry about anything, I'll think you will do well.
If there's something you need, don't be afraid to ask, we will try to help as much as we can.
Thank you very much..! :D
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by SilverxBlue »

Elenakiara wrote:It looks like you have a good subject, that I'm sure you'll make into an even better story! :) I've got confidence in you!! *cheerleader moment* xD
Thank you so much..! :)
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

juryia
Projects: CG artist for Caught in between

#11 Post by juryia »

No doubt about it, you can have the CG artist position. :D Thank you very much for your interest, (I thought I would be doomed to have no artist..!)
Once I have a final design for the characters i'll post it here so you could have an idea what the characters would look like.
Ok. Will wait for it, and thanks for the compliment! :D

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by SilverxBlue »

juryia wrote:
Ok. Will wait for it, and thanks for the compliment! :D
No problem, you deserve it. :) For the character portraits I'll have them posted in a few days.
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#13 Post by curry nochi rice »

nice idea... sounds like the usual but... it has this incomprehensible sense of uniqueness to it... maybe because it may have yuri?
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by SilverxBlue »

curry nochi rice wrote:nice idea... sounds like the usual but... it has this incomprehensible sense of uniqueness to it... maybe because it may have yuri?
About that yuri stuff, I think I wouldn't really call it yuri because even if they always hang out and they always look out for each other, Amber would only be a close friend to Caroline and their relationship is like that of really, really close sisters. In addition, Amber is only a side character she wouldn't have a real path where you could pursue her however, there would be an ending where she would be involved.
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#15 Post by Elze »

Despite the cliche, I really like it so far. I have a soft spot for childhood friends. ^^;
Will you need a lot of emotions? If there aren't too many I might be able to help do the sprites, since 4 characters are very manageable. C:
Just one problem. I'm not good at spiky hair ahaha. Will unruly tousled hair do instead? /bricked