[Added Majin Encyclopedia entry!] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Working on ミツマタ [Mitsumata (c)].

Re: [Meet The Chars in First Post~] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit

#76 Post by kinougames »

I was the same exact way you were when I first played Princess Maker 2. My sensei was the one who actually told me about it, and he said "get it, it's awesome". From his description, it sounded boring, but I downloaded it, starting playing through it...the game was bloody brilliant. You'd think you get bored doing the same things over and over, but my first playthroughs took me several hours because I started to realize that there was, indeed, a system, and tried to figure out the balance. We couldn't afford to do the 80-some-odd completely separate endings, but we've gotten, I think, as close as we could possibly get logically.

We've got about the same number of events, some extra features, and some familiar features.

The game won't be too expensive. :) Average indie price.
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Development blog's up! Visit!

Celestie
Veteran

#77 Post by Celestie »

*looks into wallet* D:

Can the player change Adela's name? I like Sanae better but I am just biased, that's all I never played Princess Maker (lack of language knowledge is one reason), so I'd love to try this out. If only I knew the online business and if only I had the money to partake in it....

But the character design and teh art looks beautiful. That and the story sounds interesting enough...simply becasue I dunno how Princess Maker is and I wanna give it a try...damn money issues. And because you say Princess Maker isn't as frustrating as, well, Tokimeki for girls xD
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

#78 Post by Arithra »

Why problems with rpincess maker, version 2 was in english, wasn't it.

I tried academagica,, there sure is a lot to do @.@
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#79 Post by papillon »

pm2 was never officially released in english nor was the translation completed; it's a slightly-broken and technically-warezed copy that everyone's played. (I do, in fact, own all five games in Japanese, I've just lost the momentum to work on translating them.)

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#80 Post by kinougames »

I have the original PM2 futsy translation, and then I have the Refine version in the original Japanese.

@ Celestie
Unfortunately, for many reasons based in story-telling, we decided not to allow the player to change Adela or Sanae's name. However, you can listen to the Japanese voices and the translation of the Japanese text and they'll say Sanae all you want. xD

I think this game will be frustrating, but not because the random elements are so random that no matter what you do, you could get a bad or a good game and there's no way to tell, but because there are so many elements that you have to keep your eye on that it will take a while to learn. The game provides you with so many choices, and so many places where you can choose not to do an action. Also, because there are rare endings at both ends of the scale, sometimes you'll want to try to do exceptionally badly and sometimes you'll want to do exceptionally well. All you can do is play it a million times and find out!
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#81 Post by musical74 »

Something I thought of that irritated me about PM2 - actually about the only real gripe I had with it - was the girl running away periodically. Main reason this irritated me is it almost ALWAYS happened at the worst possible time (like when I'm trying t to woo the prince, but because she runs away, forget about getting that ending...) Will our lovely Adela run away periodically too? It did add to the fun factor, just...irritating when it happens! Also, can Adela marry her *Dad* like she could in PM2? ;)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#82 Post by kinougames »

For PM2, running away was partially random and partially actually just based on stats. In this game, Adela CAN run away. However, you'll usually be able to estimate her running away; there are extremely specific factors that cause it, mostly extremely obvious when she hates you and her mood is low and her stress is high. There is one other situation in which she can run away but there is a benefit to it. :)

There are in all, thinking about it right now, 15 potential suitors. I gave up the four hardest ones. :D The others will just have to remain a secret~

Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

#83 Post by Arithra »

Well that is a secret to lookd forward to.
I can already picture myself infront of my computer starring at it and waiting for the others to apper ;-)

@ papillon: t's a shame you didn't translate them. I still hope someone does.. one day... or I have to learn japanese...
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#84 Post by papillon »

Well, if I could actually *read* Japanese, translation would be a bit easier. :P

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#85 Post by kinougames »

:D I think it will be enjoyable~

xD If you have the games, Papillon, I could sloooooooowly work on translating them. Slowly, though. xD Reaaaaaally slowly.

Tachyglossus
Regular
Projects: Sprite Art for: "Final Banquet", "365 Days"

#86 Post by Tachyglossus »

Ooooh yes, the running away really was a killer! I'm glad you brought that up! It's good to know her running away wille usually be predictable due to stress and mood and whatnot!

In PM2 it seemed like a high sensitivity contributed to her running away, but I still haven't confirmed that theory.

About the voice acting... can you turn it off completely, or just toggle between Japanese and English? Because sometimes I don't want to just mute an entire game, but if I have played a game so many times, I get tired of listening to the voice acting.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#87 Post by kinougames »

You can control the volume of the voice acting, SFX, and music individually, so all you would have to do would be to turn voice acting down to zero. :)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#88 Post by papillon »

kinougames wrote: xD If you have the games, Papillon, I could sloooooooowly work on translating them. Slowly, though. xD Reaaaaaally slowly.
I know people ARE occasionally working on a PM5 translation, and the game files are relatively easy to hack, so I'm hoping for a patch to show up someday.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#89 Post by kinougames »

I heard PM5 was really far removed from the others. :o

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#90 Post by LVUER »

If I'm not wrong, running away is because of stress and lack of love (to you, meaning she doesn't love you enough). When I play, she rarely runs away... and because I save often, every time she runs away, I just load.

OOT a little, anybody get "marrying you" ending? I only managed to get it once... and couldn't repeat it again even I maxed out the love stats.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW