[Added Majin Encyclopedia entry!] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: [Meet The Chars in First Post~] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit

#91 Post by papillon »

Maybe we should fork off a Princess Maker thread elsewhere :)

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Working on ミツマタ [Mitsumata (c)].

#92 Post by kinougames »

http://www.4shared.com/audio/XjFamndl/V ... _0004.html

Attaching a new voice sample from the lovely Persephone. :D
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Development blog's up! Visit!

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#93 Post by kinougames »

Adding one of the player characters, the bandit Kiel!

Nomnomnomnomnom...
Attachments
Kielhead.png
Kielhead.png (91.51 KiB) Viewed 3063 times
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

bellice
Veteran

Re: [More chars added!] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit.

#94 Post by bellice »

Ooooh, I'm, like, insanely excited about this. If only my wallet wasn't so full of...nothing. D:

Anyway, I LOVE the character art. Just seeing Persephone made my heart do a small salto. *squee*
So if I ever get my hands on that game, I'll probably ignore every single one of the guys. Having the option to be gay is rare enough in games. And if there is such an option, it's mostly bxb. :/
God, I wish I had the ability to copy that style. Everytime I try, it still comes out looking flat.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#95 Post by kinougames »

Actually, and this is from the non-artist in the group who is sort of learning, (I actually edited this picture myself, it looked fairly different when I first got it) it's actually not as difficult as I'd imagined. The trick is really getting a good brush, playing with the transparency of the brush and learning to layer color.

The biggest reason I haven't started doing pictures myself is because I'm really crap at choosing colors...which is the biggest issue with this kind of style. Skin is like 28947329472397 colors, and you really have to have your palette out already if you're new and want it to be easy. I haven't even been able to touch the Mitsumata style stuff, we went with a much more difficult style to compensate for lack of gameplay and actually just brought on a new artist to help with the color work for Mitsumata.

I'm really glad that you liked Persephone. One of the major things that my group has been trying to do is include gay relationships in major spotlights, brown skinned people (which is why they're your unchangeable options as the player-characters and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it muahahahahaha), trans people, girls who are thicker, disabled people, all sorts of different people. All of our games will have obvious gay romance, whether BxB or GxG (though we'll try to include GxG in particular in every game simply because it is sadly rare, or full of childish-looking lolis and most gay women totally aren't even into that), even if it's only PG.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#96 Post by kinougames »

What we worked on this week:

--Fixing art we thought was too ugly >_>
--PROGRAMMING PROGRAMMING PROGRAMMING D: But, the good part is that 75% of the screens are in and the other 25% to be done this week, which means a demo is going to be forth coming! Our goal is to allow the first 3 years of the game, out of a total of ten. :)
--Worked on fixing up the map section to run more smoothly.
--Started implementation of music and video, and extra game basics.
--Finalizing implementation of the game's "personality system"!

The personality system is very similar in basic implementation to Princess Maker 2's "pick your birthday month", and Cute Knight Kingdom's "Pick your season", and as you can guess, it has an effect on your daughter's stats. However, we've come up with a more full personality system that works in a bit more of a complicated manner. :D

Since you raise Adela from infancy, you first receive a "nature". As you raise her, her nature will automatically develop into her personality. That's right! Just like any kid, she decides her own personality based on both nature and nurture. The personalities affect the way your game might run. Like all kids, certain personalities make them more prone to liking certain activities and less liking of others. Your personality will be a help in deciding what endings you should attempt, and what endings Adela will resist.

bellice
Veteran

#97 Post by bellice »

Oh, demo demodemodemoDEMOGIMMEGIMMEGIMME!
*chrmchrm* Sorry.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#98 Post by kinougames »

D: HOPEFULLY SHORTLY *flails* D:

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#99 Post by Pyonkotchi »

this games looking so kiackass <3
hnnng WANTWANTWANT whyyyyyyyy are you doing this to me?! ;3;
I'm supposed to be ~saving~ my monies. i'm going to end up blowing it all off on games xD;;

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#100 Post by Elze »

Did someone say.. DEMO? 8DDD -lurks shiftily behind bushes-
Nah it's okay even if it won't be out for a while since it's worth waiting for. Definitely anticipating this release.
PIXELS <3

Tachyglossus
Regular
Projects: Sprite Art for: "Final Banquet", "365 Days"

#101 Post by Tachyglossus »

While I can wait for the demo (mainly because I have to - impatience on my part isn't going to make it magically appear on my harddrive) I am very eager to get it within my grasp. Of course, I'll make my sister and best friend play it as well, since they are both Princess Maker 2 fans.

The nature and nurture aspect has me VERY intrigued. I've been looking for a game that balances this aspect rather than go with one or the other. Coding personality profiles in a way that heavily impacts gameplay has been something I've long been interested in, and I am crossing my fingers that it is pulled off well! You can bet my poor little Adela will be subject to various psychological experiments.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#102 Post by kinougames »

I wouldn't say it's HEAVILY implemented. It does have an effect that can make a definite decision between two particular endings, but our goal was really to push more of a learning to make the right game choices to improve your ending.

Changing up personalities, however, can make your game easier or harder depending on what endings you want, so the replay value gets really intense since you can now aim for one ending with a more difficult personality regarding that ending. :)

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#103 Post by kinougames »

Just uploading this little fun textbox sample. :D With JP text for funs and differentness.
sampletxtboxJP.png
Edit: Added English version.
sampletxtboxEN.png

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#104 Post by Starling »

I have a question about the Japanese/English versions of the game. Are they going to be in the same download, or are they going to be separate and it's in the preferences somewhere?

And if they are separate, would it be okay if someone wanted both versions after they paid for one?

I plan on buying this game in English when it comes out, but I'd love to be able to use the Japanese version to help me keep up with practicing.

Also the updates are looking awesome every time I check up on this thread :D
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#105 Post by kinougames »

They will be packaged together as one game, EN and JP voices, EN and JP text, and in addition, EN translation text, since the games are actually not perfect translation copies of each other. (Things were changed between versions to make more sense in their respective languages.)