[Added Majin Encyclopedia entry!] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Working on ミツマタ [Mitsumata (c)].

Re: [More chars added!] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit.

#121 Post by kinougames »

This is my group's first game, so I wanted to reveal a lot to give people a good idea, but I will definitely say that I haven't found us short of random tidbits to post. :D
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Development blog's up! Visit!

Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

#122 Post by Arithra »

I do like the new use of the textboy in newtxtscreen.png
as well as adela below it on the left side.
It fits much better with the gerenarl style than the other tb.
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#123 Post by Elze »

Is that the official layout for dialogue? Will we get to see the full screen then, or will it always be half-screen as shown? *A*
Feels like a little of a waste to cover half of the bg.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#124 Post by kinougames »

@ Arithra
I'm glad you like it better, but we'll probably tweak it to match better than that. xD

The town BGs were created to fit in half the page, so you're not missing anything, and you'll get a very clear view of each background during the non-conversational portions of the game. :) There are other BGs that take up more space, but since the town stuff has a lot going on, we decided to do it this way. :)
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [Updated Pictures 4/1/11] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit.

#125 Post by kinougames »

*walks in and walks out*
Persephoneinashrine.png

Arithra
Regular

#126 Post by Arithra »

Will there be a gallery for those images?
so we can look at them later on again?

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#127 Post by kinougames »

It really depends on how fast programming moves this month, but if not in the initial game, then a patched "bonus" section that allows you to see all the pictures and hear all the music you get from the main menu after completing at least one run-through. :)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#128 Post by musical74 »

re Persephone: *Look into my eyes, and you will totally forget whatever you came in here for* (um, I came in here for something important too, but am mermerized by the Queen...) that's a good picture!

Regarding running away in PPBB: when the gal ran away in PM2 there was a bit of a reputation loss in all spheres (except once, when I actually GAINED social status :P) It usually wasn't severe but did get annoying...will Adela's spheres take a dip when she flees? And how long will she run away - a month like in the PM series?
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#129 Post by kinougames »

Persephone IS a Siren, of the luscious singing type, though she can sing both men and women into her clutches (not particularly to kill for funsies, but Siren are primarily carnivorous like all Majin). As the Queen, she's also blessed with a large amount of physical strength and could probably rip the heads of most peons off clean with a twitch of her fingers. The other trait is that they're all, of course, intensely beautiful and alluring to other species, though amongst them they have certain preferences. (Somehow this turned into a giant lesson on the Siren-type Majin...Persephone is my personal favorite so I sort of rambledlafksjdflas xD)

:P If I reveal ALL the ins and outs of the game you won't get any surprises or lernings :P

Arithra
Regular

#130 Post by Arithra »

I think to spoil everything you would need more than a couple of pages in this forum.. the world seems to be really complex.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#131 Post by kinougames »

Honestly, the world of Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit isn't particularly complex. There are sort of miniplots within it, but the game is primarily a raising sim, and it's also made to be an introduction to the world that will get explored in much more detail in Mitsumata. We will explain some details on Majin and the particular types of Majin that you see in this game, but you won't get the bulk of the detail and the "canon" story until Mitsumata. We decided to do this game because the world of Mitsumata is indeed vast and not all of it can be learned through just one game.

It's honestly likely better written as a 100 episode anime, but obviously we don't have the resources for that. xD

At any rate, PPBB is your introduction to that world, particularly, how the Majin part of it runs, and Mitsumata will take players to a place that's much more familiar, our very own human world in the 1990s, still within the same continuity, just a different side of the coin.

There is also a planned arc after that, but we will likely pursue another game in between before doing the final arc. :)

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#132 Post by kinougames »

http://kinougames.blogspot.com/

My blog has put up a poll! Please answer it so we can get an idea of the demand. :)

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#133 Post by kinougames »

Adding some extensive Majin information!
You can check it out here:
http://kinougames.blogspot.com/2011/04/ ... pedia.html

bellice
Veteran

Re: [Added Majin Encyclopedia entry!] Papa Pirate, Baby Band

#134 Post by bellice »

*stares at Persephone pic*

...I know there's a reason why I'm here...I just can't...seem to remember it...

*FLAIL*
OHMYGODWANT.
*chrmchrm*
Sorry.
I'll go and clean up the drool on my desk now, please excuse me.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [Added Majin Encyclopedia entry!] Papa Pirate, Baby Band

#135 Post by kinougames »

@ Bellice

Unf unf? xD She's definitely full of yummy!

And this is just us playing around with a title page design. We're not sure how we wanna do it yet. Potentially we'll have it move.
newesttitlepage.png