Turnip in Love

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

Re: Turnip in Love

#31 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Elenakiara wrote: I think that your night scene is really good, especially for a first try! :3 For the light around the window, did you use one of those brushes are pale and a little bit like a cloud? xDD
I'm glad it turned out good, But I think it's still odd xD
um, for the light around the window, I want to make light, but I don't know how T^T,
then I wonder if the opacity of the brush can be low like in Sai.
So I tried it out, and it turn out like that! :3
also with a bit of feeling I mix the color until I feel that the color is like a light. XD

PrettieAngel
Regular
Projects: Aurora Spirit

#32 Post by PrettieAngel »

I think this definitely sounds like an interesting story, and will be looking forward to future progress. I'm wondering if there's a set character that will be the one who 'saved' her or if any of the three could be depending on the path you take? I like how she had green hair, it gives her a touch seeming not-so-human. Also, not that's it's really important, but don't turnips tend to be purplish? Or is that why her eyes are purple? A fairly random comment so feel free to ignore.

Your BGs look pretty good for first tries, and the one other things I'd like to mention that hasn't been already is that you might want to work on your perspective a little bit. On your second one especially, the angle the table is drawn on and the flat appearance of the kitchen benches make the room look a bit strange.

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?

#33 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

PrettieAngel wrote:I think this definitely sounds like an interesting story, and will be looking forward to future progress. I'm wondering if there's a set character that will be the one who 'saved' her or if any of the three could be depending on the path you take? I like how she had green hair, it gives her a touch seeming not-so-human. Also, not that's it's really important, but don't turnips tend to be purplish? Or is that why her eyes are purple? A fairly random comment so feel free to ignore.

Your BGs look pretty good for first tries, and the one other things I'd like to mention that hasn't been already is that you might want to work on your perspective a little bit. On your second one especially, the angle the table is drawn on and the flat appearance of the kitchen benches make the room look a bit strange.
Thank you!
*sniff* I'll work hard for this!

Hm.. actually she's the white turnip one, well maybe in your country the type of the turnip is different?
I know there's many kind of turnip, and she's the short white one.
there's white and long kind too (in my country the common one is the long and white turnip)
try to google the pic, you'll see maannny turnips :3
her eyes is purple coz' I like it xD

"save her" well...I want to tell you but I want to make it a surprise when this is finished lol
since I don't really like giving spoilers, and actually I've give many spoiler just by explaining the story >.<

Thanks again! My weakness is in perspective thing, I know the table is weird, but I can't help it,
I'll learn more and practice more!

May I ask for your advice?
or anyone advice?
I try to change the hair color and reline Keita sprite, is it better? or it isn't??
(for keita I forgot to change the line in his pocket and his cable >_<, but i'll change it, I want to see if this is better or not)
keito2.png
kazu.png

Ulin207

#34 Post by Ulin207 »

Turnip in Love seems like quite an original idea in VNs. It does remind me ever so slightly of another story, if you could even call it a story, but I would think it more coincidental than not.

Onto the sprite changes. I am, by no means, an expert on colouring or art in general, but I think the improvements made to Keita, and Kazuto's sprite are indeed improvements. The overall shading is better, however the contrast needs to be a little higher in my opinion. The shadows in their hair are a little too close to the base colours, especially on Kazuto's, so the shading isn't very visible. Keito's is better but could be darker still in my opinion. To improve further, I think shine needs to be added on top of the new shadows just like in the old sprites. I think it's great that you are actually improving the sprites as you progress, and posting updates to them as you fix things.

Another question which may or may not be relevant, does Keita have blond hair, or more light brown hair?

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Ulin207 wrote:Turnip in Love seems like quite an original idea in VNs. It does remind me ever so slightly of another story, if you could even call it a story, but I would think it more coincidental than not.

Onto the sprite changes. I am, by no means, an expert on colouring or art in general, but I think the improvements made to Keita, and Kazuto's sprite are indeed improvements. The overall shading is better, however the contrast needs to be a little higher in my opinion. The shadows in their hair are a little too close to the base colours, especially on Kazuto's, so the shading isn't very visible. Keito's is better but could be darker still in my opinion. To improve further, I think shine needs to be added on top of the new shadows just like in the old sprites. I think it's great that you are actually improving the sprites as you progress, and posting updates to them as you fix things.

Another question which may or may not be relevant, does Keita have blond hair, or more light brown hair?
Thank you so much!

Keita hair is light brown btw, the blond one is sakuya.

I'll try to fix them with your advices~
and actually I just finished fix Sakuya, but I'm not posting it yet, I need to know if this better or not.
Maybe you could give advice too on this? or anyone?
xD
*as you said the shade is not dark enough, I'll fix it again~
saku.png

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#36 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Added one more character! description is in the first page!
Hm... I change the way I draw the sprite a little,if this is better I'll use this way, and change the other sprite again.
I need advices and suggestions! >_<
ryou.png

goldengirl362

#37 Post by goldengirl362 »

this looks really good so far, good luck :D btw, roughly, when do you plan to be done by????... sorry im an impatient person dont let me rush you lol :S

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

goldengirl362 wrote:this looks really good so far, good luck :D btw, roughly, when do you plan to be done by????... sorry im an impatient person dont let me rush you lol :S
lol
thanks.
Well I'm working alone for this one,so maybe will take a long time though, I don't want to rush and make everything become a mess and I do this because it's fun. >_<
But, I'm working on this everyday so it'll be faster....maybe? lol

Ulin207

#39 Post by Ulin207 »

I think I prefer the old sprite style with the darkened black line art, over the new one. The shading of Ryou's sprite is better in my opinion though. Are there any other differences? I don't really notice any other changes. With Sakuya's sprite, I can't quite remember what the old sprite looks like, and now you've taken them off, I can't compare them that well.

I'm wondering if you're going to add the 'bands' of shine back to the hair though. Improvements made on Ryou's look good, but is that the colouring style you are going to use? Or might you add the 'bands of shine' back to the hair? If you do, in Sakuya's case only, may I suggest you add 'bands' of shading? This makes the hair appear more 'gold' though some artists I know don't like the look much, so it's just a suggestion.

goldengirl362

#40 Post by goldengirl362 »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote:
goldengirl362 wrote:this looks really good so far, good luck :D btw, roughly, when do you plan to be done by????... sorry im an impatient person dont let me rush you lol :S
lol
thanks.
Well I'm working alone for this one,so maybe will take a long time though, I don't want to rush and make everything become a mess and I do this because it's fun. >_<
But, I'm working on this everyday so it'll be faster....maybe? lol
ok then i'll try to train myself in the art of waiting lol, I'll be cheering you on all the way ^O^

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Ulin207 wrote:I think I prefer the old sprite style with the darkened black line art, over the new one. The shading of Ryou's sprite is better in my opinion though. Are there any other differences? I don't really notice any other changes. With Sakuya's sprite, I can't quite remember what the old sprite looks like, and now you've taken them off, I can't compare them that well.

I'm wondering if you're going to add the 'bands' of shine back to the hair though. Improvements made on Ryou's look good, but is that the colouring style you are going to use? Or might you add the 'bands of shine' back to the hair? If you do, in Sakuya's case only, may I suggest you add 'bands' of shading? This makes the hair appear more 'gold' though some artists I know don't like the look much, so it's just a suggestion.
I already decide it!
I'll use the way of Ryou shading and coloring and combine with the line way of Kazuto
I hope it'll be better^^
Thanks again for the advices~
I'll try to fix them again now xD
*open sai*

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#42 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

goldengirl362 wrote:
ok then i'll try to train myself in the art of waiting lol, I'll be cheering you on all the way ^O^
Thank you!
I'll do my best!
Now in the progress of making the BG... ^^

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#43 Post by Riviera »

I like Saku's red streak!

My Kabuko: Ahhh, Ryou.. another.. greenhead. Copying my hair color I see, fufufufu~

Ryou: Hey, I'm older than you! I had this hair color first!

My Kabuko: Ah, jealousy is not attractive~

Sorry, I get weird sometimes. :mrgreen:
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#44 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Riviera wrote:I like Saku's red streak!

My Kabuko: Ahhh, Ryou.. another.. greenhead. Copying my hair color I see, fufufufu~

Ryou: Hey, I'm older than you! I had this hair color first!

My Kabuko: Ah, jealousy is not attractive~

Sorry, I get weird sometimes. :mrgreen:
Thanks again~
lol
I'll try to make them look better^^

Julie
Regular

#45 Post by Julie »

Waa I haven't been able to post here for awhile!
Anyway, I think the sprites are looking much better! Kazuto lost his glasses! Why? Oh I'm not complaining. I think he looks hotter now and that made me want to go for him before Keita now. XDKabuko chibi looks good. ^^ And Ryou... I have a feeling he's related to Kabuko in some way. Having the same hair and eye color is no coincidence.

How is the progress so far? ^^