Friends Or More (GXB)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
JamesH
Regular
Projects: Friends Or More

Friends Or More (GXB)

#1 Post by JamesH »

Synopsis:
You play as a girl called Maria (possibly re-nameable) who has lived her last 2 years in her house; the reason for this is because she is scared of the outside as when she was young she was told scary stories, but now she has begun to experience nightmares which have made her lose the guts to go outside. But now with your help she will experience the outside world again, and maybe make friends or more?

5 Dateable Characters
20 Possible Endings
Characters:

Maria (Age 24)

Maria is a typical girl, but with a few big differences mainly is that despite being so attractive no-one ever asks her out, but why well it turns out the reason is that she has never left her house in 2 years!!, she does have the attitude in her though to come out of her shell if she got the chance to enjoy herself. Her reason for not leaving the house is due to her being told scary stories about the scary wild animals, and when Maria was young she was very naive and she thought the stories were true and so was too scared to leave the house on her own, and now she lives on her own she had not left the house for 2 years...

Craig (Age 24)

Maria's Friend from college: Craig is a very confident without being cocky, he regards Maria as a hermit but there are rumours he has a crush on her.

Clyde (Age 25)
Maria’s next door neighbour, he felt sorry for her during her experience but dislikes her attitude for some reason...

Mick (Age 23)
Stranger who sent Maria a letter about the dangers of staying in one place, but why did he send her the letter?

Luciano (Age 28)
Maria's former work mate, they fell out due to her never turning up at work and him having to do her jobs

Selena (Age 26)
Maria's other neighbour, a bit wild but friendly

Maria's other neighbour, a bit wild but friendly

Percentage Complete:

Story: ???%
Script: ???%
Sprites: 30%
CG’s: 0%
BG’s: 0%
Music: 30%

updated: 26/02/2011:
The game contains 46 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 225 words,
for an average of 4.9 words per screen.
The game contains 2 menus.

My VN Team:
Writer: Me
Sprites: EternalDream
Scripting: Me
Story Editor: selenity136

Credits to Auro-Cyanide for the awesome logo :D
Last edited by JamesH on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:30 am, edited 40 times in total.
Hi i'm JamesH
Works in progress:
Friends Or More
My Blog:
http://jhvisualnovels.blogspot.com/

selenity136
Regular

Re: Friends Or More (GXB)

#2 Post by selenity136 »

This is interesting. I am really curious about Maria's personality. I mean, if her fear of going outside is a result of being told scary stories as a kid, I want to know what kind of person she is and exactly what kind of stories were told to her. Right now, the plot is very vague because when you mentioned young, is she young as a kid or a high schooler? Did she even go to school? I understand if it's in development seeing how you got like 8% of the story down.

But hey! Good news is that it's pretty unique at the moment and I'm looking forward to see how this will turns out. If you're ever in a need of a story editor, I'm up for it.

JamesH
Regular

#3 Post by JamesH »

:), first reply

@selenity136
Actually, selenity you have given me an idea, i may make it so Maria was homeschooled and the percentage completes are really rough estimates actually i think 8% is too high but hopefully tommorow i'll be able to show you a sketch of Maria (thanks to EternalDream), and as for the offer of story editor I may need your help when i have wrote more of the story
Hi i'm JamesH
Works in progress:
Friends Or More
My Blog:

selenity136
Regular

#4 Post by selenity136 »

Ok then. PM me whenever you're done then :).

JamesH
Regular

#5 Post by JamesH »

Added more details about Maria
Hi i'm JamesH
Works in progress:
Friends Or More
My Blog:

JamesH
Regular

#6 Post by JamesH »

Added some sketches of Maria - drawn by EternalDream
Last edited by JamesH on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi i'm JamesH
Works in progress:
Friends Or More
My Blog:

night_serenade
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate, Turnip in Love, other secret projects XD

#7 Post by night_serenade »

Hey there~
Great idea for a VN! It's really unique, and I'm looking forward to seeing more updates and eventually actually getting to play it :)

The sketches looks really cute, and out of the four I like the last one (bottom right) the best. I think it fits her personality and circumstances, since in it she looks more withdrawn (which she is right?). And I like her hair in that one the best.
.:.Alice here~!

Writer, Proof Reader/Editor, Programmer, and Artist ;; always willing to help in whatever way I can, so don't be afraid to send me a message! =]

Here are the public projects I’m currently involved in (you should check them out =D)!!
Strings of Fate | Turnip in Love | Soul & Heart

My Deviant Art~ [I just recently created a new account, and am learning how to colour digitally, so right now there's only a limited and poor show of art XD]

JamesH
Regular

#8 Post by JamesH »

night_serenade wrote:Hey there~
Great idea for a VN! It's really unique, and I'm looking forward to seeing more updates and eventually actually getting to play it :)

The sketches looks really cute, and out of the four I like the last one (bottom right) the best. I think it fits her personality and circumstances, since in it she looks more withdrawn (which she is right?). And I like her hair in that one the best.
@night_serenade
About the withdrawn yes she is, but i want the character to come out of her shell more when she enjoys herself (i just forget to write that down, will do now)

i've edited it now :)
Hi i'm JamesH
Works in progress:
Friends Or More
My Blog:

night_serenade
Regular

#9 Post by night_serenade »

Oh yeah, I understand that. But at first she'll still be that way, until she starts to see how not "full of monsters" the world is, I think :)

Just out of the four sketches I think that one fits the best, character design and pose wise (since you can always do the different expressions and such).

Writer, Proof Reader/Editor, Programmer, and Artist ;; always willing to help in whatever way I can, so don't be afraid to send me a message! =]

Here are the public projects I’m currently involved in (you should check them out =D)!!

My Deviant Art~ [I just recently created a new account, and am learning how to colour digitally, so right now there's only a limited and poor show of art XD]

JamesH
Regular

#10 Post by JamesH »

@night_serenade
Thanks for the comments, yes I think i will go down that route with the story :)
Hi i'm JamesH
Works in progress:
Friends Or More
My Blog:

selenity136
Regular

#11 Post by selenity136 »

I like the bottom right more because, like night_serenade said, it suits Maria more. Out of the for, she looks attractive and still has that naive/innocence about her.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#12 Post by azureXtwilight »

This looks good!
I hope I can see more of the screenshots~

EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

#13 Post by EternalDream »

I just had to comment on this post because I wanted to keep track of this instead of checking everytime :o So anyways, people seem to favor the bottom right girl so I drew and coloured a rushed version...
maria.jpg
The hair... don't talk about it. It takes me too long to colour hair so I decided not to lol (Oh how lazy I am...) But don't be scared by my crappy, rushed work people... the real one would look way better~ XD

night_serenade
Regular

#14 Post by night_serenade »

It looks cute so far! I can't wait to see the real version when you get it done :)
Just one thing, maybe use thinner line art on the face and mouth? I think it would look better, because I think it's a bit too thick (especially since it's black and it's very noticeable).

But it looks good so far! I really like her eyes ^^

EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

#15 Post by EternalDream »

lol thx and yes, I usually do use thinner outliner. (For this one, I just grabbed something random that was in front of me ^^;;) If you're curious to know what my colouring and outlining, etc is like, then just check my WIP (In my sig... click on that picture of the dude). The drawing + colouring there is a bit outdated and I can do it much better but that's probably more or less what the real version will kind of look like... (Except the ones in the picture are all guys lol)