Kiss and Tell Story Requesting Feedback [WIP]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
otomegirl24
Regular
Projects: Kiss & Tell [WIP]

Kiss and Tell Story Requesting Feedback [WIP]

#1 Post by otomegirl24 »

This will be my first visual novel ever...or my first kinetic novel not entirely sure which one it's going to be yet. I've come up with this story idea and have been working on this summary and wanted to get some feedback before I really start asking for programmers/artists to jump in and help me make the story come to life since I've got no experience in programming and I'm not much of an artist either.

Synopsis: The story revolves around a young man named Vincent that travels out to the small quiet town of Isste located in Nevada to visit his Aunt whom he hasn’t seen in eight years. Now, at the age of seventeen, nothing seems different about the town of Isste, or so he thought until he encounters a familiar ghostly pale looking woman in the middle of the forest who claims she’s a ghost.

She tells him that he is the key to help her move on because of the promise they made each other in the past and he is the only person that can see her. Soon, Vincent begins to realize there’s more to the small town than he originally thought and he’s forced to face the past he has tried to put behind him. Will Vincent be able to uncover the dark secrets that lurk beneath the town’s surface and past, or will the town’s secrets be forever kept in the dark? Find out in Kiss and Tell.

Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Possibly Romance?

Characters

The Main Character
Name: Vincent Dumont (Conquering, Mountain)

Appearance: Layered short black hair with green eyes who stands at a height of 5’8’’ with a somewhat pale skin complexion.

Background: As a child, Vincent was curious about anything that was related to the supernatural. Ever since that fateful day when he was encountered and befriended by a mysterious ghost girl in the forest, he began to grow more curious about almost anything supernatural; from Mermaids, Dragons, even Aliens.

Years later, the curious child that he once was has changed into a young man who no longer believes in myths or supernatural beings, believing that such things don’t exist because they aren’t ‘logical’ or they scientifically don’t make sense.

He doesn’t even seem to remember his encounter with the ghost girl as a child, until he’s forced to face the truth of his past. When he’s suddenly asked for the ghost’s help, will he continue to deny what is supernatural isn’t real, or will be willing to be put logic aside to help her solve the mysteries that lie ahead?

The Mysterious Ghost Girl
Name: Unknown

Nickname: G.G. [Ghost Girl. XDD]

Appearance: Long white hair that reaches her back with light blonde streaks. Her skin is a ghostly shade of white with stunning blue eyes and stands at a height of 5'6''.

Background: A mysterious ghost girl that Vincent met when he was just nine years old during his summer stay with his Aunt. During his stay, he would go in the forest and play with his new ghost friend. When Vincent told his Aunt about her and tries to introduce her, she told him that such things don’t exist.

Years later, G.G is ecstatic to see Vincent again, thinking that he’s come back to see her to keep the promise they made to each other, only to find out that Vincent doesn’t remember anything about their encounter or their promise.

She tries to convince him otherwise that she is real, but he claims she’s just a figment of his imagination. Will she be able to convince him in time and help her solve the true mystery of her sudden death and finally move on, or will she forever remain a ghost in a world she can't leave behind?

It might seem a little vauge but that's because I don't want to give too much away and would rather that people find out what happens as they read on. So what do you all think?
Last edited by otomegirl24 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

night_serenade
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate, Turnip in Love, other secret projects XD

Re: Kiss and Tell Story Feedback [WIP]

#2 Post by night_serenade »

This sounds like a promising idea for a VN/KN, especially since it is your first one and you're thinking to start small.
I love the whole mystery feel to it, though ghosts aren't my favourite things in the world to have in VNs/KNs. And the plot is quite intriguing to me.
Hope to hear more updates and such about this soon!
Do you have a programmer or artist yet~?

And P.S - is this the project you would like me to help out with? :)
.:.Alice here~!

Writer, Proof Reader/Editor, Programmer, and Artist ;; always willing to help in whatever way I can, so don't be afraid to send me a message! =]

Here are the public projects I’m currently involved in (you should check them out =D)!!
Strings of Fate | Turnip in Love | Soul & Heart

My Deviant Art~ [I just recently created a new account, and am learning how to colour digitally, so right now there's only a limited and poor show of art XD]

otomegirl24
Regular

Re: Kiss and Tell Story Feedback [WIP]

#3 Post by otomegirl24 »

Thanks, that means a lot! I don't have a programmer yet, but I think I've got a friend or two that might be willing to help me out with the drawings for my characters. I also might be able to take some pictures myself for the background scenery. If it doesn't fit I'll see if I can get the artist to possibly draw the background out instead.

P.S. Yes this is the story I was referring to. X3

night_serenade
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate, Turnip in Love, other secret projects XD

Re: Kiss and Tell Story Requesting Feedback [WIP]

#4 Post by night_serenade »

Oh well it's good that you have people that might be able to help out with this :)
And would you like to send it to me through a PM or through email? It doesn't matter to me; whichever is easier for you ^^
.:.Alice here~!

Writer, Proof Reader/Editor, Programmer, and Artist ;; always willing to help in whatever way I can, so don't be afraid to send me a message! =]

Here are the public projects I’m currently involved in (you should check them out =D)!!
Strings of Fate | Turnip in Love | Soul & Heart

My Deviant Art~ [I just recently created a new account, and am learning how to colour digitally, so right now there's only a limited and poor show of art XD]

otomegirl24
Regular

Re: Kiss and Tell Story Requesting Feedback [WIP]

#5 Post by otomegirl24 »

I sent them to ya through PM. ^.^