Requiem [WIP/Fantasy/GxB/] (Updated 11/09/11)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
DementedMalice
Projects: Project Codename 45, Requiem (on hold)
Location: My secret evil hideout on a secluded island on the Pacific Coast >:D

Requiem [WIP/Fantasy/GxB/] (Updated 11/09/11)

#1 Post by DementedMalice »

Okay, i've been seriosuly procrastinating on posting this here mainly because this is my first game ever and I'm so freaking intimidated by all the amazing WIPs here. Dx Anyway, enough ramblings, here it is~

~~~~~~~~~~

Website(Now Open!)- Requiem Website

Forum (Now Open!)- Requiem-VN Forum

(NEW)Mobile- Currently WIP Requiem Mobile

~~~~~~~~~~

About

Heaven and Hell are always clashing in an eternal battle for power. Innocent people have gotten caught between these two forces and have been hurt because of it. Thea, an ex angel of Heaven was accused of crimes she does not even remember commiting. In the middle of another clash with demons, the angels delt with her carelessly and banished her to earth for the rest of her days until her soul returns to the Great Power of the Universe. Now a Fallen Angel, her memories of the Holy Land Above have been wiped from her mind as 'she has no right to remember such a place'. Thea now has several options, all of them leading to different outcomes and unknowingly to her, will lead to the outcome of the power balance itself. She could try to prove herself innocent and try to get clues from the few memories she still has. She could turn her back on all those who betrayed her and go against them, tainting her soul to the point she becomes a demon herself. She could even live in the mortal realm, livng there long enough to lose immortality and live as a human once again. Or perhaps she can search for others like herself, banishment is uncommon but has happened before in the past. The paths are endless, the truth is hidden, the choices...are yours.

~~~~~~~~~

The Breakdown

Okay, I'm not good with summaries like the one above, so to give a bit more info on the game here are some main features.

~There are six characters you can end with.
~There is also a seventh hidden character.
~The plot is designed so you can end the game as either an angel, demon, or mortal.
~Each ending for each guy for each race will have a light and dark ending...I know a lot of endings. I have my work cut out for me.
~There will be a 'True' Ending (inspired by 'Frozen Essence' <3) as well as a 'Sad' Ending.
~Possibly a few minigames, not sure yet.
~Lots of dialogue. I hope you like reading!
~Takes place in a Steampunk-ish/Rennasiance type world. Throw a circus in there too.
~Fantasy! If you couldn't tell by the whole 'Angel Demon' talk. There are also Alchemists, Fortune Tellers, Orcales, Priests, and Excorcists.

~~~~~~~~~

Characters

Thea- Main Character(name changable)
Banished for simply being at the wrong place at the wrong time. A bit sensitive but hides it with light sarcasm and wit. Rather innocent (for now). Like most angels, she does not remember how she died. All she remembers is cold sensation and smelling salt...

Lae'ren- Angel
One of the longer living angels. Your perfect Prince Charming. Downside to this calm book reader, is that he's very closed minded about demons. If there is a demon, it must be evil.

Luek- Angel
A quiet guy who's afraid of his own shadow. Rather paranoid, as if he's running from something...

Seth- Mortal
A Master Alchemist. Rather surprsing for his young age. Stubborn, cocky and full of himself. He pulls all nighters working away at his studies and sometimes forgets to eat.

Orion- Mortal
He lives on the outskirts of the city in a rather rundown shack of a cottage. He works 24/7 and donates all his money and anything else to others. Overly kind guy who barely keeps enough to keep himself alive. I wonder why...

Raiel- Demon
Why is a demon a Ringleader of a circus troupe?! He's quite the trickster always smirking like he has something up his sleeve, which he probably does. Proclaims himself to no longer be associated with the Demon Lord (Ruler of Hell).

Zahk- Demon
Effing BEAST. Seriously tall and has a scary expression all the time. Hates everyone and everything in existance. There must be a reason for that...

'E'- Hidden Character
Can't tell you anything XP. 'E' is not his real name. I just call him that for now.

~~~~~~~~~

Progress

Well I'm making this game entirely by myself so this is a veryyy slow process. The closest thing I have finished is all the music.

Also I am currently in Art college majoring in Game Art Design. I want to make the very best I can for this game so art is going to be at a stand still until I improve in my style. I want to learn all I can to make the very best for the gamers. The downside to this is that it may take a few years before I start putting it together. However!!! On the forums you will be able to see my progress with the character development, the world and country history and culture, cities and town development, creatures, story line and just some college experience and fun. :)

Character Pics - 0%
BGs - 1%
Storyline - 45%
Script -3%
Music - 85%
Code - .5% ....OTL

Character Pictures - Like I said above, art is going to be at a standstill/freezing point for now. I'll still draw concept sketches and whatnot but the legit character pictures won't get done until I improve. I want to give the gamers the best I can provide. ;3

Backgrounds - I swear to God...I hate finding BGs. I can't make them D: And if I do draw it, it takes forever to make just 1. If there is a kind soul who would be willing to make BGs for free for me, I would forever worship you as the Supreme Ruler of all Visual Art. ;A;

Storyline - Beginning is all planned out, Middle kinda, End? Wellll I have a crapload of endings to work on ._.

Script - It's all in my head. I need to actually write it down, I just havent had the time to. Dx

Music - I found the most awesome music, a lot of it under one guy. Amazing stuff (I luv (CC) <3). However I am in need of some of the more dramatic music and some sad 'someone you cared for died' type of music. Oh and some Heaven and Hell music! I mean it's kinda hard to give Hell a theme song o_o;; lol. Again, if there is a kind soul who would make me some tunes for free I would forever worship you as the Supereme Ruler of all Musical Sound~

Code - ...The menu counts right? Hehehe... I also did a tester scene with one of the characters and choices. Like I said, it's my first time making a game and using Renpy so I'm a bit hesitant to start coding anything until I'm sure I know what I'm doing. Since I started college I've been asking my professor about different coding, she may be able to help me with this area and suggest a few books for me. I'll be doing some serious research before I start anything legit. However, if there are any coders in the house that I can ask questions about game making to, I would love you forever!

~~~~~~~~~

ScreenShots

Yes~ For your viewing delight, I wipped up some screen shots. You can also find these pictures and others, at the Requiem website that I pasted at the top of the post.

Image Image

If you want more information on the game, just ask. Or if I'm missing anything in this post, just let me know. I'm a bit scatterbrained. xDD Feedback and comments are always welcome! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Last edited by DementedMalice on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Got any tips? PM me, i'll need all the help I can get OTL
Curently working on Project: 45
Image ON HOLD

Kael
Regular
Projects: Roaming, Red Snow??? Some others as composer.

Re: Requiem [WIP/Fantasy/GxB/]

#2 Post by Kael »

Sounds fun, I like exorcists. Saddly, I'm useless in almost everything, but I could give you my personal opinion in the future. I wish you good luck with this.
Also the "E" character made me crack, oh well it's a bit late, it happends I guess.

Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

#3 Post by Arithra »

I really like it!
The art looks really nice. ANd the characters sound interesting!
If you need help with finding backgrounds I would be willing to help, I'm doing the same thing for my game so I'm brwosing around anyway.
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

#4 Post by Elenakiara »

:O Oh no!!! You had so many posts back on the Unbroken Hours forum that I'm intimidated with you coming here! :O!!! XDD

Anywayssss, all of that aside, I still can't wait for this story to be finished and played by... me! ;)!!

Can't wait to see Orion... <3!!!
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

ooh, sounds interesting!~
I love angels and demons stories!
and exorcists sounds AWESOME!!

If you need help, I'd volunteer!
(Not in coding or arts though, only proofreading or story writing or something like that)
Just in case though :)

DementedMalice

#6 Post by DementedMalice »

Kael wrote:Sounds fun, I like exorcists. Saddly, I'm useless in almost everything, but I could give you my personal opinion in the future. I wish you good luck with this.
Also the "E" character made me crack, oh well it's a bit late, it happends I guess.
I love opinions! Those are oober helpful! ^^

Arithra wrote:I really like it!
The art looks really nice. ANd the characters sound interesting!
If you need help with finding backgrounds I would be willing to help, I'm doing the same thing for my game so I'm brwosing around anyway.
Ah! Thank you! <3 That would be much appreciated! I'm terrible at finding backgrounds xD

Elenakiara wrote::O Oh no!!! You had so many posts back on the Unbroken Hours forum that I'm intimidated with you coming here! :O!!! XDD

Anywayssss, all of that aside, I still can't wait for this story to be finished and played by... me! ;)!!

Can't wait to see Orion... <3!!!
Psh! *hugs* I was scared to leave the forum. ;A; And you don't need to be intimidated by me silly! You know me! xDDDD Orion can't wait to see you too~

nero279 wrote:ooh, sounds interesting!~

(Not in coding or arts though, only proofreading or story writing or something like that)
xD Thank you~ Yeah a few exorcists might pop up. >:3 That would be very helpful actually. Once I have the time to actually write things out, i'll send it to you for a second opinion? :O
Image ON HOLD

Einherjar

#7 Post by Einherjar »

This sounds really interesting. I hope it all goes well, good luck~

Elenakiara
Veteran

#8 Post by Elenakiara »

DementedMalice wrote: Psh! *hugs* I was scared to leave the forum. ;A; And you don't need to be intimidated by me silly! You know me! xDDDD Orion can't wait to see you too~

Wellll, I guess you have a point... :3 Welcome to the forum!! =D And don't try that cutesy stuff with Orion on me! T__T Because it's working! XDD
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

#9 Post by Arithra »

you could pm me with the backgrounds you need i will sent you the links if i find fitting ones
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

DementedMalice

#10 Post by DementedMalice »

Einherjar wrote:This sounds really interesting. I hope it all goes well, good luck~
Thanks! :)

Elenakiara wrote:
Wellll, I guess you have a point... :3 Welcome to the forum!! =D And don't try that cutesy stuff with Orion on me! T__T Because it's working! XDD
Bwahahaha~ But Orion really does luff you! > w <

Arithra wrote:you could pm me with the backgrounds you need i will sent you the links if i find fitting ones
Thanks so much~ I'll do that <3
Image ON HOLD

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

nero279 wrote:ooh, sounds interesting!~

xD Thank you~ Yeah a few exorcists might pop up. >:3 That would be very helpful actually. Once I have the time to actually write things out, i'll send it to you for a second opinion? :O
[/quote]

Yep, I don't mind. PM me whenever you want.
And about backgrounds, if it has anything to do with common BGs
(towns, toilets,school etc.)
you could find it here
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... ao.sub.jp/
I hope this helps.

Elenakiara
Veteran

#12 Post by Elenakiara »

You could try and use the backgrounds from BassNovel? My mom used Babel Fish from yahoo(I think xD?) to translate keywords into ancient chinese and found some cool ones! =D

DementedMalice

#13 Post by DementedMalice »

Elenakiara wrote:You could try and use the backgrounds from BassNovel? My mom used Babel Fish from yahoo(I think xD?) to translate keywords into ancient chinese and found some cool ones! =D
Ohhh~ I must try that then this weekend! :D

nero279 wrote: Yep, I don't mind. PM me whenever you want.
And about backgrounds, if it has anything to do with common BGs
(towns, toilets,school etc.)
you could find it here
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... ao.sub.jp/
I hope this helps.

Ah Thank you! I might be able to use some of these for indoor scenes. ^ w ^
Image ON HOLD

DementedMalice

#14 Post by DementedMalice »

Updated the website, added first update video and some coding practice I've been doing. Doing more lineart as well. :)
Image ON HOLD

SerenaLolipop
Regular
Projects: Snow White Otome

#15 Post by SerenaLolipop »

Hi! I'm so excited about Requiem!! I love otome games!!! I'm more than willing to help with Beta Testing or Proofreading if you need it!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rainbows make the world go round... Or was it that rainbows go around the world?

Jewels are Expensive. But Friendship is Priceless.

I was going to take over this website but then I got distracted by Gakuen Alice.

Ran is in the middle of her own otome game right now, Snow White!
-------------------------------Ciaossu!------------------------------------------------