(WIP)dUpLicity ~Beyond the Lies~(GxB)(6/28 OP Movie added)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Chu-3
Veteran
Completed: CAFE 0~The Drowned Mermaid~,duplicity~Beyond the Lies~, East Tower Series,How to Take Off Your Mask,CAFE 0 ~The Sleeping Beast~, How to Fool a Liar King
Projects: How to Fool a Liar King
Organization: roseVeRte
Tumblr: roseverte
itch: roseverte

Re: (WIP) dUpLicity ~Beyond the Lies~ (GxB) (Commercial)

#31 Post by Chu-3 »

I just opened the english site here.

Please check the detailed information there!

Chu-3
Veteran
Completed: CAFE 0~The Drowned Mermaid~,duplicity~Beyond the Lies~, East Tower Series,How to Take Off Your Mask,CAFE 0 ~The Sleeping Beast~, How to Fool a Liar King

#32 Post by Chu-3 »

I just got informed by my staff who handled the translation that her computer is broken, and the translation script is corrupted after her computer fixed OTL

So we need to translate it from the beginning again *headache*
and the demo might need more time to release... (I planned to release it within this month actually)

I'll try to ask someone else to help too, but I don't know if we can make it on time or not.
(We will, I hope...)

machinist
Regular

#33 Post by machinist »

Ah that's awful... hope it all works out...

Chu-3
Veteran

Re: (WIP)dUpLicity ~Beyond the Lies~ (GxB,SF,Commercial)

#34 Post by Chu-3 »

somehow I managed to ask someone else to help the translation... I hope it will be done fast orz...

Just more info.
I don't know how the long the game will be in words since I wrote it in Japanese first but.... it will be around 2K lines for the demo and 11 K lines for the full version. I'm thinking to add more picture here... but I'm confused since some picture might have spoiler ^^;;
I'll add them to my dev blog later.

Ah and the price is 1500 yen for the jap version, I thought this would be around $15 but... the currency rate now make it to be around $18.... please wait until we can decide a fixed price for the english version ><

A bit more info about the true route within the game: you can see what happened in past here :D
Thanks~~

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by Cain0425 »

what your deviantart blog so i can go on here and look at your art work

Chu-3
Veteran

#36 Post by Chu-3 »

I'm not a really active deviant. I'm new on it so my deviant acc is a bit empty ><
but you can take a look here >> http://chu-3.deviantart.com/

And what I meant by blog is the development blog that I newly made on my site :D
http://www.roseverte.net/eblog.html

Thank you very much!!!
(Now I'm preparing some new sprite for past and future events. The events are not so long but I hope you'll enjoy it!)

*Added:
I hope you can help me by filling in this poll on my blog:
Which situation that will encourage you to buy a VN?
(click on it to access)

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by Cain0425 »

i add you to my friend list on deviant art i hope you like my art work to my user name on deviant art is hollysutterlin

Chu-3
Veteran

#38 Post by Chu-3 »

And I added you as friend too then ^^

I'm really new on deviant, and I don't know how to use it well.
And for anyone that helps me by filling the poll... thanks!!

Chu-3
Veteran

#39 Post by Chu-3 »

I just added more CGs inside the "Special" tab here.

...Somehow the CGs there looks like this is not an otome @.@
Maybe I should add more romantic scenes later on the last 3.

For additional information here,
The game is otome, but it is not about dating the men only, this is kind of a romance mystery, and you'll find out the secret of the past step by step. But not a detective game where you should find clues to solve the mystery.

And within the true path here, there are some episodes when the story was told from the guy's point of view. So it will like a visual novel with a romance touch than a normal otome. (in character's path, you'll control the main mostly).

Ah and I just contacted that the OP movie will be finished soon :D
The OP movie will have a vocal song (sorry but I used free material here again >< do not have too much budget yet) and I'll up it on youtube after it's done.

Chu-3
Veteran

#40 Post by Chu-3 »

I just updated the site with 3 CGs here.
So that's all for the CGs samples...

And now I'm thinking to fix some older CGs... dunno why but I felt my drawing style is.... changed? T-T

anyway I got promised that the translation will be finished tomorrow. I'll try to make the Eng ver asap and begin the debugging :D Hope the demo is finished in 1-2 weeks (since I need to have it tested too).

Ah for lemma, I'll give you extra CG sample here :)

Chu-3
Veteran

#41 Post by Chu-3 »

Sorry for the continuous posts I made here >< (Less reply.... less interest in my project maybe? ><)

Anyway, I need to ask something here...
Frankly... I have issues with the English version.
English is my 3rd language. I can translate the script pretty fast, but I'm sure it won't have a good grammar. Therefore I said yes for a trade offered to me, about trading the translation eng-jap,jap-eng.
but now, the deadline promised to me is already past... I've been told that the translation can be finished on a week first, but then because of the upcoming cons, the progress becomes slow... and now even 3 weeks past since the first time I handed the demo's scripts, it is not finished yet....

So now I wonder if you would prefer a demo soon with (definitely) lot of grammar mistake or waiting longer for the demo?

*And please PM me if anyone here who is experienced enough on proof-reading has plenty time to help me fast...this is a commercial, and I planned to give the game free for the proofreader (I can't promise a proof-reading fee though). Also please note that I still need to have a talk with the translator tonight before deciding if I need to use more people for the game or not. I'll make a recruitment topic later if necessary.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#42 Post by Aleema »

Chu-3 wrote:(Less reply.... less interest in my project maybe? ><)
No.
So now I wonder if you would prefer a demo soon with (definitely) lot of grammar mistake or waiting longer for the demo?
Playing a demo with bad grammar would turn me off of the full version, and since you're selling it, that's a bad idea. It's not really a demonstration of your game -- it's your game in a bad light (and even if you warn people, a lot of people won't read that or care). I highly recommend waiting.

Chu-3
Veteran

#43 Post by Chu-3 »

hmm you're right... but really i wonder if anyone here can advise me how to make it faster...
the demo is 2K lines long (can't count in words) and it takes about 1 month to translate.
So the full version which have 11K lines long (means need more 9K lines to translate) will need about .... 5 months more? OTL

I wrote the whole scripts in 2-3 weeks so I imagined for a faster translation time...

Addition:
more screenshot of the extra menu on attachment
Attachments
screenshot0007.png
screenshot0007.png (175.05 KiB) Viewed 1351 times

Mirage
Veteran

#44 Post by Mirage »

Alternatively, you can try translating the game on your own, and then find English proofreaders to help you. I think it's easier to find proofreaders than translators. I'm sure there are many here who are willing to help you proofread for free.

(I wish I could help, but I'm busy with my own games, and I'm well-known for my broken grammars...orz)

Chu-3
Veteran

#45 Post by Chu-3 »

yeah I'm thinking to do it too first. But then the dev. I asked to translate the demo told me that it's useless since she'll need to proofread all again... actually I'm thinking to use some proofreader (2-3 persons maybe?) to check each character routes but i dunno... seems she doesn't want it. (maybe because each proofreader has her own style, and using many proofreaders might make the script looks... mess... OTL at least i need one person to re-check all at the end though)

*Edit:
I just informed that the translation is not done yet and she can't finish it this month.... I already handed the demo's script since May 18th.... and I really hope that she can tell me faster about it... anyway, I think I'll need to make a thread on recruitment forum soon.