[WIP] Bonds and Blood: Blood Promise - BxB

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
izumichan31

[WIP] Bonds and Blood: Blood Promise - BxB

#1 Post by izumichan31 »

Okay, so this will be my first visual novel after doing a lot of tinkering with Ren'py It took me a lot of thought and consideration to figure out what I wanted to make a visual novel about until sudden inspiration hit.

Bonds and Blood: Blood Promise is based off of my NaNoWrimo Novel Series of the past two years and possibly this year's NaNoWriMo as well.

The Premise
Hunters are sworn to hunt and/or kill trouble-causing supernatural creatures in order to keep up order between the natural(a.k.a normal humans) and the supernatural. But as time goes on and years go by, being a hunter isn't as easy as it once was. While some hunters knew the supernatural personally as friends, lovers, and sometimes family; some are forced to hunt down those who they once wanted to protect. But everything isn't always as it seems.

Aiden[the player] always considered himself a fairly normal guy. That is, until he's unwillingly thrust into the world of the supernatural and saved by hunters, a group naturals(normal humans) chosen by their blood to keep order between the natural and the supernatural. He's told that he's one of them and is given no choice but to deal with his predetermined destiny. He is given the title of junior hunter, which meant everyone would be looking out for him. Unsatisfied with the thought of being basically babysat, he decides to become the best hunter he can and remove the junior from his title within a year.

(Ugh... I'm bad at summaries...)

Characters
Aiden (you / name changeable) (20)
A new junior hunter, his goal is to gain respect and become promoted within a year’s time. He never believed vampires and other creatures existed until now.

Interests
hazel headshot sketch2.png
Hazel Katrin (18)
A hunter who specializes in healing and defense. Hazel is quite adamant when it comes to making sure other hunters take care of themselves. Fairly responsible, he's one of the few younger hunters that still try to balance school and being a hunter.
TyneHeadshotSketch.png
Tyne Mundric (25)
A hunter who specializes in information. He really enjoys technology and can tell you just about anything you need to know about a particular supernatural individual. He seems to prefer the company of his laptop to most people, but can become pretty animated about subjects that interest him. It is also quite easy for him to become sucked into something his mind is set on.
ManelinHeadshotSketch.png
Manelin Naif (Physical Age: 18; Actual age: 28)
A mischievous vampire who can always be seen around the hunter’s headquarters. Aways out and about. A rule breaker bender, he tends to like pushy the limits on what he can and can't do, always finding a way around the rules he's restricted to.
IsaHeadshotSketch.png
Isa Osber (Physical Age: early 20s; Actual age: ???)
A vampire. Isa is relatively shy in nature and tends to keep out of trouble. He typically stays close to the vampire who created him, but recently he's been wandering around the hunter's headquarters.
ShanHeadshotSketch.png
Shan Yule (25)
A hunter. He makes a show of trying to make himself look good and cheer up others. He has a tendency to ignore others when hes speaking, not letting them get a word in.
KenrinHeadshotSketch.png
Kenrin Athri (27)
A B Class hunter. Kenrin is one of the few hunters with quite the life outside of the hunters. he comes from a wealthy family and is rather arrogant. His goal is to become and A Class hunter, but he has resigned himself to the thought that it might never happen.
SearnaHeadshotSketch.png
Searna L'Autir (24)
A hunter and also a witch. Searna tries to live relatively peacefully. While he's pretty lenient towards others he doesn't like it when rules aren't followed.
he has been chosen to be Aiden's senior.
Others
Derri [33]
A hunter who's specialty is healing. He is the hunter's head doctor is currently in the process of training Hazel so he has another person to help him with his job. Most of the hunters call him a mother hen.

Tirit Kerrse [28]
A hunter and a witch, Tirit always claims to be a witch first and a hunter second. He's rather outspoken about his beliefs and is set in them. Recently, he hasn't been doing much hunting. he hasn't been He is Searna's cousin.

Aram Koza [Physical Age: 17; Actual age: 25]
A vampire and a hunter, he's a bit of a brat. Aram can typically be seen hanging around Manelin when he's not trying to be a good hunter.

Jade Arches (Physical Age: early 20s; Actual age: ???)
A vampire that's been around for a while, Jade is unconcerned about anything the hunters do and most hunters just leave him alone.

// There will be more //

Mission System
Throughout the game, Aiden will be given various assignments to complete. Depending on how he does will depend on the next assignment he gets.

What the Game Will Feature
7 Romantic Interests
14+ Endings
Mission System
Inventory System
Unlockable CG Gallery

Game Progress
Story: 75%
Script:8%
BG:0%
Character Design: 100%
Sprites: 0%
CGs: 0%
Last edited by izumichan31 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Current Project
Moonswept Deceit [BxB]

Kael
Regular
Projects: Roaming, Red Snow??? Some others as composer.

Re: [WIP] Bonds and Blood: Blood Promise - BxB

#2 Post by Kael »

Wow, a lot of characters and endings, seems like it will be pretty large. The mission system looks really nice. I'll be looking for it, good luck!

Thank you.

night_serenade
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate, Turnip in Love, other secret projects XD

#3 Post by night_serenade »

This looks quite promising, I have to admit. I don't usually pay much attention to most vampire VNs, simply because there are so many that disappoint me. But this seems like a good idea, and I especially like the idea of the mission system.

The art is cute too. Right now I like Hazel, he seems adorable.
You might want to add more to the characters though, since there are quite a few. You want them to all be very unique.

Are you planning on doing this on your own?

I'd be more than willing to help you with editing and with writing (like if you need someone to help you put things together and run smoothly within the game or to help with the characters). Just let me know! :)
.:.Alice here~!

Writer, Proof Reader/Editor, Programmer, and Artist ;; always willing to help in whatever way I can, so don't be afraid to send me a message! =]

Here are the public projects I’m currently involved in (you should check them out =D)!!
Strings of Fate | Turnip in Love | Soul & Heart

My Deviant Art~ [I just recently created a new account, and am learning how to colour digitally, so right now there's only a limited and poor show of art XD]

Miss-Mae
Regular
Projects: Waiting on Love
Organization: Kinki Skiddles Productions

#4 Post by Miss-Mae »

I'm not really fond of BxB games, but the art looks good, so I might just give it a try. Your boy characters are very cute. <3
Come visit me, if you like, at: http://www.miss-mae.deviantart.com / http://www.kinki-skiddles-games.deviantart.com <3 or on my NEW game making blog, which you can find here: http://kinki-skiddles.tumblr.com/ <3

izumichan31

#5 Post by izumichan31 »

@Kael - Yeah, I have the inability to work small on anything. ^^

@night_serenade - Ah, yeah I'll add more to the characters. ^^ I was planning on doing a lot on my own since I like to write draw and program. I was gonna wait until I was a good deal in before asking for help. Thanks for offering. Editing is something I still need to work on myself so any help there is great. ^^

@Miss-Mae - Thank you.
Current Project
Moonswept Deceit [BxB]

izumichan31

#6 Post by izumichan31 »

No this project hasn't died yet >< I'm just slow with updates and getting things done. The story has been coming around quite well since February. The story is around 75% done with the script being at about 8%.

A major change has come in the form of the love interest... Of the original 7 only 3 of the original stayed in the end. The other for have been replaced due to me looking into my NaNoWriMo Series and me changing the part of the time line in which the game is set within that universe.

So Hazel, Tyne and Manelin are the 3 that escaped being written out of the visual novel.

The character designs are also pretty solid now. For the main cast at least. I want to pet Shan's hair ;-; I also might have to fix either Tyne's or Kenrin hair styles a bit, but they're fine for now.

So I guess the next part from here is to work more on the script and get started on character sprites.
Current Project
Moonswept Deceit [BxB]

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#7 Post by Morhighan »

Looks great, can't wait to see it finished. Especially since my vampire centric BxB died.

Good luck!

izumichan31

#8 Post by izumichan31 »

Not too much to show off yet, but here's the progress so far...

Code: Select all

Statistics:

The game contains 482 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 5,332 words,
for an average of 11.1 words per screen.
The game contains 0 menus.
I'm currently in the process of working on the sprites.
Current Project
Moonswept Deceit [BxB]