Red Snow {Open Development}

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Red Snow {Open Development}

#16 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Abeiramar Thank you. I was actually really proud of the nose XD such a small part, but I liked it. I am glad you like the story too. Amaria pretty much kicks herself all the way after making the decision not to kill the prince, but he is so cuuuuute. How could she kill him? Or she just has suicidal tendencies. Either one.

Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

#17 Post by Arithra »

I agree, somehow her nose looks better that way...
The other one is kind of off from the middle of her face.
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#18 Post by azureXtwilight »

There's no Innes ending? XD
He looks kinda cool~

Arithra
Regular

#19 Post by Arithra »

@azure: That was my first thought too, but given that this is no romance game I had to rethink.

dstarsboy
Veteran

#20 Post by dstarsboy »

Looks great. Did anyone mention that "Red Snow" is an iPhone hack? Not that we've never had anything named similarly around here but at first glance I was like, "Oh cool, the iPhone hacker is making a VN!" :P

All in all, the art is awesome, I love the designs for the clothing. Keep up the good work!
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#21 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

No u gaizzz >< No lovey dovey here. Though there is some sexual tension between Innes and Amaria, with him trying to kill her and her not wanting to be killed... it was never going to work out XD

Though I recently had a really vague idea of what happens after the only good ending
which is that around 5 or 6 years (making Ephraim 17-18) after Amaria and Ephraim (who would need a new name) escaped the city, Ephraim wants to go back. He understands his father was a bad person and he has no intention of claiming the throne, he just wants to go back home for awhile. Amaria, being the paranoid assassin she is, forbids it. He, being an idiotic male teenager, runs away anyway. She frantically follows him only to find he has disappeared in suspisous circumstances. Amaria, despite herself, is very attached to the boy. So she decides to go to the top, the leader of the city, Innes. They clash violently rolling around on his bed ho ho ho but Innes admits he knows nothing about it. Amaria still has to find Ephraim and Innes suddenly has people disappearing in his city. And random stuff happens from there. You may chuck in the romance now if your minds desire...I had also been toying with AmariaxEphraim now that he is older but trying to work out a good age gap will probably be too hard. And possibly too weird.
@Dstarsboy, no I didn't know about the iphone hack thing (which would be hilarious). I do know however that Red Snow was also a code name for a british thermonuclear weapon. They had cool code names.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#22 Post by MaiMai »

Man Cyanide, you're making me want to make my own open development thread for my own project which I haven't been able to do (ffff distracted/school/life). Even if things are still in the rough stage, this is very well thought out storywise. I love the character designs and I'm looking forward to seeing this finished if possible :)
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#23 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

MaiMai wrote:Man Cyanide, you're making me want to make my own open development thread for my own project which I haven't been able to do (ffff distracted/school/life). Even if things are still in the rough stage, this is very well thought out storywise. I love the character designs and I'm looking forward to seeing this finished if possible :)
Open development is fuuuuuun~ Actually, it is nice just being able to talk about my stories. There is only one person in real life that I occasionally talk to about them and even then it isn't often cause, well, it make me sound like a crazy person XD

I have an ulterior motive for doing this project since I want to start doing commissions and I need examples. Kind of getting two birds with one stone :)

Arithra
Regular

#24 Post by Arithra »

Well, amaria and Ehparim wouldn't be to bad, but I see the problem with the age gap.
It would be like the him going after her and she would be very annoyed most of the time ;-)

If you make it like that (the good ending) it's like announcing a sequel. Like mistery - finding out what is happening in the city!
open development sounds interesting, I know the problem of not beeing able to talk about your storys...

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#25 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

True. The best I have been able to figure out with the ages, is that he is 12 and she is 20, an 8 year age gap. In six years that makes him 18 and her 26. I can't push the ages much more than that because than he stops being a child and she stops being an adult. On the other hand, hypothetically if I did make a sequel (which isn't really on the table, just my imagination rambling) I might make him a bit younger and have it as a one sided love thing. I can easily see Ephraim falling for Amaria (she saved his life, protected him and was there for a long time in a way no one else has been). I can't imagine Amaria reciprocating that kind of love though. It would be pretty hilarious seeing Innes and Ephraim interacting over it though :D

It would be cool to write a mystery. I would probably write from both Amaria's and Ephraim's perspective on the story. But I really am getting ahead of myself. Let's finish the first bit first before I start another story XD
I know! Isn't it frustrating!? I have so many characters and stories and I get all excited about them and then I have no-one to talk to. At least on the internet I can blabber on and no-one takes much notice. Or at least doesn't think I am crazy for having people living in my head.

Arithra
Regular

#26 Post by Arithra »

Yep, the conversation between empharim and innes would be hilarious.
and that love would be mixed with some kind of hero worship <<
Actually it's pretty understandable, that he would fall for her XD Xou can't blame him!

But I agree, first things first, than you can always carry on with a sequel.
I think online you find lot's of people with others living inside their head XD Too bad that most of them will never be written.
I am fortunate to have a friend who also likes VN, but we don't see each other that often.

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#27 Post by Alera »

*is reading the "spoilers"* Image
That sequel sounds interesting! And oooh~ mystery! <3
Probably till the end of this you'll get even more ideas and the second part will come naturally. ;'D

It's really uncool when you don't have anyone to talk to about these things. :< Then you somehow- have no motivation to work. That's why I never get ANY projects done. ;o;
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#28 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Sequels~ Talking about stuff definitely helps. I always get all fired up when someone actually listens to my stories. Even the thought of telling someone the stories makes me excited XD

I just had a major technological upgrade. I am now armed with an 21.5", 3.8 GHz, 1TB imac and the adobe master suite. I am deliriously happy, even if I don't know what to do with half these programs.

Anywho, thought I would post a WIP of an Innes sprite I am working on. I am still experimenting with styles, as you can see >_> I quite like it though. He is a little, ah, prettier than I intended. I may have to rough him up a bit...
Innes test sprite.jpg

Arithra
Regular

#29 Post by Arithra »

Yup, talking about ideas helps more than enything else you get a whole new bost of motivation!

Innes does look pretty, but it kinda fits him (maybe because whenever I hear his name I think of a woman... BUT!)
his hair is awesome i don't even want to begin thinking about how much time that must have taken you...

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#30 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Arithra, thank you ^^ The hair wasn't too bad actually. And I think I managed to make him look a little older and more masculine >< It is a wonder what a couple little lines can do. Here is him with flat colours. I am unsure how to shade him...
Innes test sprite 2.jpg