Titanid official thread

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

Titanid official thread

#1 Post by Megaman Z »

alrighty, March is here, and now my NaNoRenO entry work begins.

I've already come up with a general plotline (see below), so I'm off to an okay start. right now, though, I think I'm going to need some people on various tasks related to this game. they are:
Character artist(s): Pm'd TMBpower about it, but this spot may still be open.
BG artist: none yet, but worse-case scenario is I do the BG's
Sound FX: handled for now.
Music: some music will be made myself, but I would like contributions.
so that's where I stand as of day 1.

the plotline is as follows. (please pardon any mistakes in naming items. there will probably be some)
in the far future, somewhere in space, an organization provides huge, luxurious space ships that serve a similar function to our modern-day cruise ships. they recently launched a newly designed ship that they claim to be impervious to conventional means of attack. this ship was called the Titanid.

a few days ago, one cyborg was placed on the Titanid. this cyborg, however, has no knowledge of who did this or why they did this, nor does he have knowledge of any events prior to this. he has also heard rumors about one of the guests being royalty of a republic on the verge of causing an intergalactic war...
Last edited by Megaman Z on Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Kitsune Zeta

Radhreni
Regular

#2 Post by Radhreni »

If some of your backgrounds are going to involve space shots, check out Universe (I posted the link over in the resources thread the other day). It may suit your needs.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Megaman Z »

okay, status update: I'm entering my first major scripting spree.

the names of the main characters (minus the player for reasons that should already be obvious) have been set.

I have not one but two character artists on this team (at this time... one of them hasn't registered here yet)

extremely low qualtiy BG's (Paint.NET in an amateur's hands, anyone?) will be made as nessisary (and forwarded to the other artists in case they feel they can make it better... and also in case I feel like asking for CG's of some scenes. there will be some in the final version, which may not be the NaNoRenO version)

BGM's are not made yet.

that's where we stand on this.
~Kitsune Zeta

Beta
Regular

#4 Post by Beta »

well, in case anyone's wondering why Zeta hasn't turned in anything yet, it's because he hasn't been at his computer since thursday. I'm not too preturbed about this, since he apparently took his mp3 player (a Creative Zen Micro with a 5GB Hard drive) and the usb port connector for it, so he might have copied his work files over onto it. administration over here had him running errands since thursday, so he probably hasn't been able to get the files uploaded anywhere.

once I track him down (which may be a while...), I'll get a status report on the game out of him.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Megaman Z »

okay, I'm back after all these errands, and I'm working on this game.

for those who haven't noticed, what was going to be the NaNoRenO version of the game is now the "Demo" version of the game. administration kept me busy recently, so I couldn't quite get it done.

I have told TMBpower that he (she? never did ask about gender) can take a break from this project for now while I play catchup, and then after I take a break (and keep you guys in suspense), we'll be back on this project to finish it.
~Kitsune Zeta

Beta
Regular

#6 Post by Beta »

*sigh* I'm willing to bet we all loathe viruses...

we had one hit. wasn't too bad, but [among other things] we had three computers that had to be reformatted due to system file corruption and a few files (including part of the script file for this project) got messed around with (I'm suspecting a hacking attempt, and administration over here is investigating the matter...). fortunately, the virus hit WHILE our network was under maintenance, so A) we can figure out where it originated from, and B) it couldn't spread too far.

Zeta is getting the script re-done (the first day was left untouched, thank god), so I went ahead and grabbed a copy of the script file, truncated it a bit (didn't add or delete graphics), and made a video recording of a playthrough for the first day.

this is not final (the character and menu art probably is final, but the rest of the "artwork" definitely isn't). feel free to make guesses at what might be on the other paths (and also how many paths there are on day 1...)
Attachments
Titanid preview clip.zip
shows one path through the first day of gameplay. this does not reflect the final product, and changes may be made to this part of the game before it is done.
(8.14 MiB) Downloaded 147 times

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Megaman Z »

well, I am picking this project up again, so this one may see the light of day in the form of a completed game.
~Kitsune Zeta

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#8 Post by Watercolorheart »

That's nice, what's Titanid about?

Is the "id" like Freudian's "id"?