Foxtaile: We're alive!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#31 Post by monele »

mikey wrote:Alright, let's just ask the question that's on everyone's minds... who is behind the mystery voice? :wink:
Seconded :3

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#32 Post by Taleweaver »

Thought you'd never ask.... ^_^

Ojinko's voice is JestaAriadne, a friend of Rio's, professional musician and, as you have heard, great voice actress. She has access to a professional recording studio, which makes for crystal-clear sound. Had I access to one of these, I'd have no qualms with giving Foxtaile full voice support (and speaking Koe myself), but as it stands, we must take what we can get, and this means a spoken intro.

It still is a beautiful effect when combined with Rio's secret intro sequence :)
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

RedSlash
Veteran

#33 Post by RedSlash »

I can only compare this to Shira Oka, but it leaves a much better impression. Sorry, SO
I have to agree with this 101%. It sounds very professional. Ofcourse I'm only comparing the two demos, not the game itself.

Looking forward to the final release.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer

#34 Post by Taleweaver »

Another update after I've kept you waiting for quite a long time. I have news, but they are only partially good news. The not-so-good part is that we will definitely NOT have a Christmas release. Art and music will both take a little longer; Foxtaile will not be released before March 2007.

Fortunately, despite the delay, there is nothing more that stands in the way of the release. The engine is now 99% complete, and the missing 1% is mostly bug-hunting. Our current pre-alpha is okay for checking the script and event system for mistakes, but as for the true engine, that's going to take some more effort. EsperKnight is currently pondering using Ren'Py instead of his own engine, but I hope I can convince him otherwise, given the additional time he has.

I thought about giving you a teaser now, but I won't. Instead, I'll post a few pieces of art and music on Christmas. It's not much, but it will suffice as a gift. ^_^
More about me in my blog

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#35 Post by mikey »

Well, what can you say. There's always some problems. As long as you don't feel the motivation go away though, it doesn't need to be that bad when there are delays, but they are never pleasant.
Taleweaver wrote:I thought about giving you a teaser now, but I won't. Instead, I'll post a few pieces of art and music on Christmas. It's not much, but it will suffice as a gift. ^_^
Or maybe a screenshot?

Well, hope you guys pull this through, doesn't matter in which engine. But I can imagine you don't want to switch, and IMO it's understandable - with all that work going into the project and the engine as well I guess you can sort of feel the work that went into the coding when you play/test.

Oh and send some regards to eclipse, she hasn't been around for a long time. I'm desperate for seeing her art again, be it in BL or Foxtaile.

Anyway, wish you good luck with it. But 2007 is a promise, or I'm coming over ;)

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#36 Post by Taleweaver »

I still have tons of motivation - so much, in fact, that I will be spending the two weeks after Christmas with work on my VN projects. I can't speak for EsperKnight, but he has added a new tidbit to his own engine every time we speak, so I'm sure he has no trouble with staying motivated as well. Eclipse is also still with us, which I'm really glad for, after out former BG artist left us for good. I'll deliver your regards, mikey.

2007 is a promise. Maybe we can make Foxtaile an Easter gift. With all those Easter bunnies, I'm pretty certain the foxes wouldn't want to miss it...
More about me in my blog

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#37 Post by musical74 »

Taleweaver: can you send my regards to Eclipse as well?...been wondering what she was doing and why she quit posting for awhile...we don't bite <I think>

So possibly an Easter release hmmmm....do we need to all dress up as bunnies to make it so?

Good to see that motivation isn't a problem...looking forwards to the Christmas gift :)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

The Christmas Present

#38 Post by Taleweaver »

It's not much, but it's a nice look at the looks and feel of Foxtaile.

Merry Christmas everybody!
Attachments
Look what the cat brought in...
Look what the cat brought in...
The title screen
The title screen
forest.txt
The forest music theme. Rename to "forest.ogg" to play.
(2.84 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
More about me in my blog