Background and VN Concept Art

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Lotus
Veteran
Projects: Unnamed Slenderman VN, Secret 10560

Re: Background and VN Concept Art

#31 Post by Lotus »

Meh, so much for working on my script. Turns out that after only 2-3 days I now have function of my hand again, sorta. I still can't ball my hand into a fist completely but my hand is feeling so much better today xD So I worked on more backgrounds. :B You can't keep me from drawing and painting for long, rofl xD

Unimportant edit: I just tried and it looks like I can ball my hand into a fist, though it's a bit uncomfortable. Yay healing! xD
Gaaaaaaaaaaah the perspective on the slide thing sucks. I'll fix that x-x
Attachments
playground.png

Lotus
Veteran

#32 Post by Lotus »

Tried fixing the perspective a bit and made a few little touchups here and there. I'll work on it some more ><
Attachments
playground.png

Lotus
Veteran

#33 Post by Lotus »

Did some more backgrounds a few days ago, woo. This is for the first game I'll be releasing, not the Slenderman based game; I figured I'd get a short game under by belt before trying something big. This is going to be a really short game, probably a max of 10-20 minutes if you try to get all 9 endings.

I hate those trees :x
Attachments
window.png
friend.png
This cg is my favorite, though the hands need some work.
This cg is my favorite, though the hands need some work.
Last edited by Lotus on Thu May 12, 2011 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aka-kami
Regular
Projects: A long-ish project. Will probably make a WIP thread when it's 50% done.

#34 Post by Aka-kami »

I'm really really excited for this. *A* SLEEENNNDDYYYYY

Also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihzJaCaJ ... ture=feedf

Might be relevant.
See ya.

Lotus
Veteran

#35 Post by Lotus »

I'm taking a mini break from Slendy stuff to mess around with AGS, but I'll work on the Slendy VN either later this week or next week c: Taking into account backgrounds, script, and coding, I estimate at this point I'm already halfwayish done.

And yes, actually that song is very relevant. That song is what inspired me to make the game xD <3

Lotus
Veteran

#36 Post by Lotus »

Been a while :B Both of these are WIP but critiques are still very welcome. The pumpkin head one was originally inspired by Mrs. Pumpkin's Comical Dream, sung by Miku but kinda evolved from there. And yes, I realize her eyes are currently on top of her hair xD; I have the eyes on a seperate layer and I plan masking them later. I also plan on adding more kids to the Slendy picture but those are only kids that were finished.
Attachments
This one is based off of this image, http://ufosearchonline.com/ufo/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Slender-Man-3.jpg .
This one is based off of this image, http://ufosearchonline.com/ufo/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Slender-Man-3.jpg .
Not related to any projects at the moment but may be in the future?
Not related to any projects at the moment but may be in the future?

Lotus
Veteran

#37 Post by Lotus »

Worked on this image a bit more proportion-wise but I've reached a wall. I can't seem to get the skirt to look right no matter what I do. Anyone mind redlining it for me? Or does it look ok and I'm just being too hard on myself? D:
Attachments
pumpking.png

Lotus
Veteran

#38 Post by Lotus »

Worked on another image for the Slendy game but I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't like how I did the fog :x
I've uploaded a version without fog for comparison and so if anyone wants to they can take a crack at a it.
This going to be a CG for the halfway point in the game, where the path diverges.

Edit: I think for now I'm going to use the fog-less version, but if you want to help me with my fog fail please do! I fail so hard at fog D:
Attachments
midwaypointnofog.png
midwaypoint.png

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#39 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

SLENDERMAN

SIMILAR TO

TALL MAN

Consider me stoked for this VN project: I've recently gotten into the Slendy mythos through X Days A Sausage, and this art so far hits all the right notes of quiet, creeping terror.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

Lotus
Veteran

#40 Post by Lotus »

Woot <3
If you're into Slendy, I would suggest checking out the Slendernation Forums, if you haven't already. There's links to probably hundreds of Slenderblogs/vlogs/etc, and the people over there are pretty cool. I'm Lotus over there as well x3

I made a short video of my progress so far if you want to check it out, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7oVGlZJIPc though I've made quite a bit of progress since I posted that. Yay stupidly simple inventory, fancy help screen, and fancy credits even though I'm not done yet xD

Lotus
Veteran

#41 Post by Lotus »

I hope it's ok if I bump this thread! >>;

I tried my hand at coloring backgrounds that aren't black and white again. If you remember, one of my very first threads was for help with a similar background (http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =26&t=9472). I figured I've been working in black and white a lot lately, so why not work in color for a bit?

Like the background in the above thread, the lineart is from a Google Sketchup model and textures are from cgtextures.com . It needs some more work because it's not quite the same as the other background, but here it is as it is now.
pub.jpg
Oh, and here are some new backgrounds for the Slendygame. I think I've gotten a little better background wise since I first started. For those interested, there's no lineart for the Slendygame backgrounds. I basically block out the shapes with the pencil/brush tool (more likely the pencil tool, so I can use the paint bucket tool if I need to change the color) and go from there.

Why yes, I have been busy.

Edit: Ffffff. I just realized I need to edit the one with the mom. You're supposed to be looking at the backyard from the door, but the backyard has been updated with a pretty white picket fence. WOOPS.
Attachments
The woman is the main character's mother.
The woman is the main character's mother.
I was planning on adding a TV to the foreground, but it felt too cluttered.<br />Also, COUCHES ARE HARD TO SHADE.
I was planning on adding a TV to the foreground, but it felt too cluttered.
Also, COUCHES ARE HARD TO SHADE.
This one isn't finished; I'm going to add pots and plants to the patio area.
This one isn't finished; I'm going to add pots and plants to the patio area.
There's also a darker (no sunlight) version of this one.
There's also a darker (no sunlight) version of this one.