The Share the ❤ Challenge

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Veniae
Veteran

Re: The Share the ❤ Challenge

#31 Post by Veniae »

This is so cool! I'm game. Just need to find the time. Only that. ^^;

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#32 Post by Aleema »

*my life is complete*

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#33 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

PART 2! :D
img127.jpg
Lucia's ponytail is drawn last-minute xD
And my hand hurts after shading the whole thing using a little cotton bud XD

And sorry if I didn't even bother fixing it XD
Last edited by Lumen_Astrum on Mon May 09, 2011 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tachyglossus
Regular
Projects: Sprite Art for: "Final Banquet", "365 Days"

#34 Post by Tachyglossus »

Hrm I decided to take this up, but I selected WIP's at random, and then was determined to draw only men, since they aren't getting nearly as much love. Here's my first 6.
Attachments
sharethelove.jpg

Nimuell
Regular
Projects: Cold Hands, Beautiful Boring People

#35 Post by Nimuell »

Yay, for Jabberwocky ^^ I also drew him) Guys don't get much love... maybe because they are harder to draw? ^^;

Ah, anyway, I also wanted to join this ^^ Seems like fun and probably I should get more active and not hide in the shadows as usual.
Sharing love is great!

Ah but I apologize for my crappy art >__> Sketchy and messy, yeah.
Attachments
share-the-love.jpg
True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new. (c) Antoine de Saint-Exupery
http://www.nimuell.deviantart.com/

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#36 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I was kinda amazed because there were all these different ways on how a specific character is drawn... they look amazing *o*

Tachyglossus
Regular
Projects: Sprite Art for: "Final Banquet", "365 Days"

#37 Post by Tachyglossus »

Niice, someone else did Jabberwocky. That is awesome.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#38 Post by SilverxBlue »

Wow! I'm so surprised to see some of my characters in a different drawing style.
I wish I can draw anything worth crap and I'll be able to participate. *goes to a dark corner and sulks*
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Nimuell
Regular

#39 Post by Nimuell »

Yay, Jabberwocky :D

Yeah, I also love how different characters might look depending on drawing style) And still they are the same ^^
My friend, good artist, once drew my characters for me, I was so amazed! I could definitely feel the love, that's such a happy feeling)

@SilverxBlue: It's not like we are all pro's here. Maybe it's worth to get a try and see what happens? ;)
True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new. (c) Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#40 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I'm happy actually that people drew my characters :D

renpao
Regular
Projects: Her Majesty!; •minutiae•

#41 Post by renpao »

Wow, seeing all the pictures is actually very inspiring! They may not be my characters but I am sure their creators are very happy to see them drawn in different styles. :)

I tried making one while I was doing my daily sketch routine because I'm having an insomnia, but I was so mad when my SAI suddenly decided to freeze on me. :,( I only managed to save five of the drawings I did as opposed to the original 20 characters...I'm really sorry. *cries*

To the creators of these characters: I apologize for the shoujo-fication of your characters, especially the male charas...I was told many times that my style is too sparkly!shoujo. OTL;;
Attachments
My Share the ❤ Challenge.
My Share the ❤ Challenge.
Moved to klonki. I won't be checking this profile anymore. Please direct your PMs over there, thank you!

Nimuell
Regular

#42 Post by Nimuell »

Your drawings are adorable! :D Now I'm all envious, since I'm repressing my wish to start my WIP thread ^^;

btw Sai freezes on me often too. So I just get patient and wait >__> at some point it begins working again, and I manage to save.

Shojofication is not a bad thing! :D Make bishies even bishier, that's my motto!

renpao
Regular
Projects: Her Majesty!; •minutiae•

#43 Post by renpao »

@Nimu Thank you! And do itttttttt. ;D *urges you*
SAI froze on me for an hour and told me I was out of memory so it wouldn't save. It can't be helped, I guess, because I kinda went close to 5000px. xD;;;
I'm trying hard to get away from it (because I really despise this shoujo label lol), but to no avail. ;A; And my bishies always look like girls, mind you. xDD /off-topic
Moved to klonki. I won't be checking this profile anymore. Please direct your PMs over there, thank you!

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#44 Post by Aleema »

renpao wrote:Wow, seeing all the pictures is actually very inspiring! They may not be my characters but I am sure their creators are very happy to see them drawn in different styles. :)
Indeed~ Image
Again, I wish I could draw ...

Nimuell
Regular

#45 Post by Nimuell »

renpao wrote:@Nimu Thank you! And do itttttttt. ;D *urges you*
SAI froze on me for an hour and told me I was out of memory so it wouldn't save. It can't be helped, I guess, because I kinda went close to 5000px. xD;;;
I'm trying hard to get away from it (because I really despise this shoujo label lol), but to no avail. ;A; And my bishies always look like girls, mind you. xDD /off-topic
Heh, I'll do it when I have at least characters sprites finished >< Unfortunately right now I'm having artist's block and the example can be clearly seen above(

Oh, that's why SAI freezes... I kind of thought that was the cause. I should be careful too @__@

Heh ^^ I see. Well I would call bishie any guy that seems attractive to me, even non-standart beauty, especially long-nosed ones >< me weirdo
Bishies look less girly if they have larger jaw, I believe ^^ ma-anly. I'm actually also trying to get away from classic shoujo style and research style of western comic artists more. And to not continue this off-topic just PM me, if you want to discuss it ^^