Critique? Advice? Red Penning?

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
bubblesfish

Critique? Advice? Red Penning?

#1 Post by bubblesfish »

Heya guys! I don't mind what form I get it, but I'd love some helpful advice on this latest character of mine

Personally I'm happy with his character design and I've stuck to him being about 7 1/2 heads tall but when i look at it something is off about the proportions. He looks a little... awkward?

Any help would be much appreciated!! <3
Attachments
megane bishie.jpg

redcat
Regular

Re: Critique? Advice? Red Penning?

#2 Post by redcat »

@bubblefish--> hm... perhaps you can make his head slightly bigger? or perhaps just the neck. Male characters tend to have wider neck.
Meowwngg...??

miyoyan
Regular

#3 Post by miyoyan »

Hm... He's looks pretty feminine. (See the three doodles on the right of the attached picture: female standard body, your character's, male standard. Don't pay attention to the heads -_-; Just to the torsos and legs)
His hands can be made more 'masculine' by making them larger and giving them longer fingers with defined articulations. If that is what you want, of course. I don't know if you mean bishounen as 'cute, girly-looking male' (more close to the Japanese definition, I think).
The enlarge next to the head means the face and the jawbone (not the hair).
Attachments
meganebishie_miyodsuggests.png

bubblesfish

#4 Post by bubblesfish »

thank you very much for the advice! <3