Anita's art (really? *hides in corner*)

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

Anita's art (really? *hides in corner*)

#1 Post by manga_otaku »

Heyho. It's Anita (aka manga_otaku).
I've been drawing lately (when I should be revising ICT and Nazis) and I decided, I NEED HELP IMPROVING.
I've never been a good artist at things that include:
1) my creativity
2) moving objects (heck. They move. End of.)
3) PORTRAITS *CHOKES SELF*
So, I'ma post art up here now and again and I hope to get help from you folks who are better at drawing than me out there :D
I hand out digital cookies. Onomnom ^^

Here's the first two:
Woo...*deflates*
Woo...*deflates*
Feel free to mess around with them. I need all the feedback and help I can get :D
THANKS~!
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Tachyglossus
Regular
Projects: Sprite Art for: "Final Banquet", "365 Days"

Re: Anita's art (really? *hides in corner*)

#2 Post by Tachyglossus »

Do you draw with your paper at a tilt? Because you seem to have the same problem I had forever; all of your people are at a slant.

Erg.... Im sure someone will give your more help but I have to go (If I have the time I might offer a redline; I'm not good at explaining things)

manga_otaku
Veteran

#3 Post by manga_otaku »

Yeah >w< I have a tendency to write and draw with the paper slanted and then everything else comes out slanted - I'm not used to drawing or writing with the paper upright in front of me >w<
Projects:
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by HigurashiKira »

I'm not an expert in art, but I goess I can help. I see that you're trying for the anime/manga look, so I'll start a bit

Head:
-They look like circles, generally the head is something like this :

-Also, their necks. They're big and thick, usually that means the character has a strong body (you'll probably see the thick neck being used on big-muscled guys most often) But from what I can tell, these are kids, not muscled beasts. Make them smaller plz

-Their eyes, they're too close together, they're supposed to be a bit more spaced out. *shot for hypocricy* Also, where are the eyebrows? You can keep those eyes if you want, but some people may have a problem with them.

-Their noses, where are they?

-The hair seems to mold to their skull. Hair does not do that. It is an uncontrollable beast that refuses to stay flat against our head. Just look at something like this:
^See where the skull ends?

Body:
-Tubes. Tubes everywhere. A human body is not tube-like (No matter how much we wish it were, thus drawing them becoming 1000x easier) There's more to it. I would reccomend the Upside-down triangle method to get you started.

-A girl's breast start from the armpit. Also, the breast aren't defined unless:
a)They're naked/wearing bra & panties
b)The clothes are tight

-Depending on the age of the guy, he usually has broader shoulders than the female.

-The clothes seem to be drawon onto the body. Generally clothes are slightly bigger than us unless they're skin-tight.

-Depending on the age of the girl, her hips should be wider. (Ex. Girls *age 18* usually have smaller hips than their mothers *age 35* but have wider hips than little girls *age 10*)

-The clothes are flat. Clothing actually has deph.

Legs:
I'm not even gonna go there, I fail at them too. But you still have the tube probelm as well as making them very small. Thighs are not small like that.
*shot repeatedly by a crowd of angry women*
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

manga_otaku
Veteran

#5 Post by manga_otaku »

Here's another I made bearing in mind HigurashiKira's pointers (The neck is overly long. I know.)
img002.jpg
Projects:

pkt
Veteran
Completed: I dunno
Projects: Something special

#6 Post by pkt »

Make his shoulders wider and arms longer and neck shorter. Needs either ears or hair covering ears. Also for the typical anime look the nose would be a bit lower and the eyes would be about at the center in vertically to the head. Hopefully that helps and isn't discouraging.
No Active Public Renpy Projects...

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#7 Post by HikkiPanda »

with your permission, me mess around with your drawing, i'm not sure but i hope it helps ^^;
The boy:
- his left side of the body seems a bit thinner than the right side, so me make it wider

The girl
- her breasts need to be a bit higher me think .. ? *blush

overall
- I made their neck thinner
- I made the distance beetween their eyes wider, then drag them closer to the nose
Attachments
img001.jpg

manga_otaku
Veteran

#8 Post by manga_otaku »

I've decided to focus on shoulder upwards for now before I move onto the body and clothing.
img003.jpg
So, er, well? :'3
Projects:

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by HigurashiKira »

Well, it's better than the last two images. That's a huge victory, however there are a few things off about it. *See attached file*

But you are getting better. My recomendation? Look at other atists drawing styles and try to emulate certain things they do. (Say you see an artists who draws nice-looking eyes, try to draw those eyes.) Eventually you'll be able to create your own style, and from there you can go anywhere.
Also, your drawings remind me of how I used to draw 2 years ago, I nostalga'd hard ;w;
Attachments
Red is important, black is just minor notes. Her hair ressembles a flat board.
Red is important, black is just minor notes. Her hair ressembles a flat board.
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

#10 Post by EternalDream »

Wasn't really going to comment since I'm not good with critiques so I did a redline instead. Hope you don't mind~ The thing that bothered me the most was the ears lol Can't get over that :'D
img003.jpg
and @HigurashiKira: I think the mouth isn't that off centered? Considering the position of the girl's face... OuO
Last edited by EternalDream on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manga_otaku
Veteran

#11 Post by manga_otaku »

Thanks :D I'll go and draw some more...after these science past papers T_T
Projects: