Venneta's "Artworks-Or-Not"

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Venneta

Venneta's "Artworks-Or-Not"

#1 Post by Venneta »

Hi there :D
It's my first time creating a thread in LSF (I'm a n00b), please tell me if I break any rule (:

Below are some of my latest "artworks", if you have the time, please give some feedback (critiques encouraged):

The Harbinger

Pink

Prelude

Todesengel

The links direct you to each deviation page.. which have better descriptions~
The works I posted above may look too serious *since I only post my best ones -the other deviations in my dA gallery are crappy ><* but I intend to post more WIPs and doodles that I can't post in dA here ..
Cogito, ergo sum.

Please visit my deviantART to see more of my artworks~

choklitchan
Regular

Re: Venneta's "Artworks-Or-Not"

#2 Post by choklitchan »

:o Oh my! These are gorgeous!
I wish I could color like this... XD
What're you using? Sai? Photoshop?
No critiques here, I'm busy going :shock:
Finished:
Shrinkled
Mobile Food Madness (Polymorphic Games)
Works in Progress
The Truth of the Legends (Hiatus)

Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

#3 Post by Silvere »

I just can´t say anything except : Holy ****, that´s awesome .___.

Especially the last one... I´m.... I´m in love <3<3

Dream9
Regular
Completed: MiniBot
Projects: Ah! Peku

#4 Post by Dream9 »

^_^ They're all beautiful! I love how you draw clouds and skys. The BGs in general are very detailed and awesome!

I really don't have any critiques... but if you want me to get SUPER picky, I'd say just be careful on your edges. Some look a bit too blurry or undefined. For example, the arms and the boys shirts in the sunset beach picture. Once again though, that's like mega pickiness. X3

Great job! I'll be keeping my eyes out for more of your stuff.

Venneta

#5 Post by Venneta »

@choklitchan
Thank you very much XDD I'm sure you can! There are so many great tutorials out there~
I use Photoshop CS 2 (but sometimes I also use SAI for the initial sketch since lines flow so smoothly in it)

@Silvere
Hahaha~ Thanks a lot! It's not that awesome tho :|
The last one is my first successful (or not..?) attempt in realistic portrait <33 glad you love it!

@Dream9
Thank you ^^ I really love drawing skies! We can put so many colors into it and it'd still look normal ;P
I used to hate drawing backgrounds since they're so hard to do when compared to manga characters.. but now when my style turns to realism, people are the hardest to draw ;_;

And thank you so much for the critique :D someone in dA also mentioned that, I'll be careful from now on~ And I'll edit Prelude soon since I want to enter it to another contest x3

*I'm quite a contest addict..*

___

Uploaded some of my old works from three years ago (VN sprites) ._. they're really different..
Oh and yes, the VN setting is Rune Midgard ;P
Attachments
Yukie
Yukie
Azra Zelea 2
Azra Zelea 2
Azra Zelea 1
Azra Zelea 1
Cogito, ergo sum.

Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

#6 Post by Silvere »

Venneta wrote: *I'm quite a contest addict..*
Care with saying such things!
In the worst situation some evil guys like me will appear, who will ask you - like me just now - if you won´t draw some sprites for them, 'cause they are having an internal 1-man-artist contest with nothing to win but a credit-name in the game.
[joke]

I don´t know why, but in the last 2 pictures the girl somehow feels manly :|
Maybe 'cause of the face?
But I´m not an artist and I´m still amazed, thus my critic isn´t a reliable one *AHEM* ^^

Venneta

#7 Post by Venneta »

@Silvere
Ahahaha xP I'm actually quite free right now so I don't really mind "some evil guys" lol! [half joke? I'd probably only sketch random things though]
Oh she's a very strong swordwoman and a tomboy~ That explains her manliness~
Don't say that, your critic is very reliable!
Cogito, ergo sum.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#8 Post by Fawn »

Very pretty, you're quite good at digital painting :D However, I have a suggestion- try not to use soft brushes so much. Soft brushes should be used sparingly, it's mostly about the blending. Skin can be very soft, but hair and clothing should never be done with a soft brush. Define your shadows with harder lines, then blend them in with a lower opacity brush.

Also, instead of using plain white for highlights, use a lighter yet more saturated version of the color you're highlighting. :)

shylock
Regular
Projects: Isle of St. Marcus, `Silver Seas'

#9 Post by shylock »

Detail in the background and in the document in the first one are really appealing to me. I don't have anything useful to say, but looks great.

Venneta

#10 Post by Venneta »

@Fawn
Thanks a lot for the great advice :D I'll keep it in mind for my next works! I've already tried highlighting with colors, perhaps the colors aren't strong enough XD; ?

@shylock
Thank you ^^ the background details took forever to draw *til I became so bored of 'em ;_;*..
But the document is actually taken from Google (it's a real war document lol), I just added the "ULTIMATUM" title and warp them around the papers~
Cogito, ergo sum.