Singing/Voice Acting

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

Singing/Voice Acting

#1 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

I just want to know if there's any of you who sing~
do songs cover or something like that!
and probably voice acting? *u*

and if you do *A* please give tips how to do it in the right way or advices /o/
maybe how to sing, voice acting, mixing your voice and songs etc. ?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: Singing/Voice Acting

#2 Post by Aleema »

Best source for free singers/AVAs: Voice Acting Alliance
If you don't find everyone you need here. Excellent community for both of the things you asked for, and plenty of overlap from this community over there.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by lepapillonrouge »

:D; I already posted it in another thread but
My Youtube

I mostly sing Vocaloid songs XD

In my subscriptions, there's also some singers that I met through YTChorus or just youtube.
...now for hiring to sing stuff I have no idea but I think you should give them a listen anyway. XD;
deviantART
---------------------

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#4 Post by Fawn »

I sound like a dying cow when I sing, so no dice here.

Hollow Gourd
Regular
Projects: Gatemaster!

#5 Post by Hollow Gourd »

It sounds to me that she's not so much looking to hire voice actors/singers as trying to get some advice on how to improve her OWN voice acting/singing.

Loveli
Regular

#6 Post by Loveli »

The only real advice I can give you is:
1. Practice a lot, practice, practice and more practice. Never sing if you aren't listening to yourself you may do it wrong and ending up getting used to it and the it would be hard to fix D:

2. Don't force your voice know how far you can go whit out hurting it.

3. Try to sing wile sitting straight on a chair. The reason for this is that singing on a sitting position is harder then doing it standing up so if you do it properly wile sitting straight it will be easier for you to do it standing up. Also, when singing try to relax your body forget nervousness and it's always good to move along whit the music it helps you get in the mood.

4. Take great care of your throat and voice, if you are sensible to cold wether (like me) then try to stay away from it or at last to stay warm.

5. When actually recording do it standing up. The sitting thing its only for practicing.

Well Maybe I can think of some other tips later. If so I will probably edit. By the way... I love singing. If you like you could listen to me em... some other time xD right now I don't feel like searching for something. Thought if you want to just tell me and I will post it some where :)
Well hope the tips are of help.
Att: Loveli<3
Just a tip, ALWAYS read the traceback when an error occurs... Even if you say you don't really understand it, it may give you a hint as to what is wrong whit your script :) trust me... I have "Been There, Done That!" :D

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#7 Post by Hayzel »

I'd advise you to stay away from cold beverages and diary products a few hours before hand. If you have sinuses make sure you take a pill in the morning so your throat will be clear. Singing in the shower helps too because of the steam ^.^

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#8 Post by sake-bento »

Aleema already pointed you in the direction of the best resource for beginners that I know.

Some general advice:
-Join a school choir or something similar if you can. You'll get good practice and realtime feedback from someone who knows what ey's doing.
-Drink a lot of water. Your vocal chords will be more flexible if you stay hydrated. Flexible vocal chords mean better sound, wider range, and less chance of damaging something.
-Record yourself. Even if all you have is a cheap mic, the best way to improve is to hear what you actually sound like.

Mixing is an entirely different beast. I again point to the VAA as a good resource. >.>;;

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#9 Post by Snowflower »

* I would also advise you from staying away from carbonated drinks as well. Not only are they bad for you in general (heehee) but they effect your voice too.
* If it's the day OF your performance for singing and you feel that your voice is raspy/scratchy, honey actually helps a lot, but only temporarily for THAY show.
* Sake mentioned the recording yourself thing. There are so many affordable ways to record yourselves these days. Even phones! Although they may not show the best quality, it's better than nothing.
* find a song that's within your range that you actually like. practice with it. make sure you can hit the notes correctly. satisfied? move on to the next. like almost everything in the world, practice helps you improve.
* This is by far on of the most important things. Your voice should come from your LUNGS not your stomach. Some seems to believe stomach since it expands while singing, but it's actually the diaphragm pushing that.
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13