What drawing softwares do you use?

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: What drawing softwares do you use?

#16 Post by OtomeWeekend »

SAI was expensive but Photoshop is much more...uber expensive TT_TT9 I need to love Photoshop more but SAI really is just more lovable in terms of easy of use and compatibility with my tablet! Dx
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Zocha
Projects: Magiflyte (GxB, fantasy), Creatopia

#17 Post by Zocha »

I mainly use SAI because it's practically made for anime-style drawings. The watercolor tool makes coloring and blending so much easier than any of the Photoshop tools. Like most people, I only transfer over to Photoshop for more advanced editing like Curves, to use the filters, or when I need to input some text.

I find it weird though, that while some people love the inking tools on SAI to death, other people prefer to use Photoshop or other software. I myself think SAI is easier to use for lineart as well, although I prefer to ink sketches traditionally then proceed to color the scanned version in SAI. For visual novels though, it's much simpler and less time-consuming to ink straight on the computer.

EzzyAlpha
Regular

#18 Post by EzzyAlpha »

I use SAI for drawing and coloring and Photoshop CS4 for everything else, especially design. But I've dabbled with a lot of programs.

ratratrat098

#19 Post by ratratrat098 »

I mainly use SAI especially when drawing line art and coloring but sometimes I have to use Photoshop CS5 for editing and filters.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#20 Post by SilverxBlue »

I don't draw or anything, but I practice coloring, editing and filtering on Photoshop CS4. ^^;
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#21 Post by Watercolorheart »

Photoshop CS 5, Flash CS 5 (I hate Adobe so much, the newer versions are all terrible and I like a handful of new features, but they destroyed the interface but I know how to bend the program to make it do what I want), Paint Tool SAI, Art Rage 2.5, OpenCanvas 1.1 (so oldschool ... ), Autodesk Sketchbook Express.

I use Flash for all my vector and inking needs. It's very hard to break habit and there's something to be said for knowing most of the quirks of a program, your own custom keybindings, and the ins and outs of the tools.
I'm not even the same person anymore

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#22 Post by LVUER »

You use Flash too? Hehehe, found another fellowship of Flash ^_^
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#23 Post by mugenjohncel »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:I'll go and show my thick face and say I use Photoshop CS2. How prehistoric of me. XD
So me still "actively" using Adobe Photoshop 7 makes me fall under before "Mesozoic Era" :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

Edit:
So why Photoshop 7 you ask?... Well, let's just say I got a couple of frequently used scripts that aren't compatible with newer photoshop... though I sometimes juggle between CS3, CS4 (yes... CS4) and Photoshop 7 depending on the task I needed done but primarily uses Photoshop 7...

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#24 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I use Photoshop CS5 and love it very, very much. Though I have only used Corel Painter, Photoshop CS3 & CS5, Sai and a couple other random ones, but I'm all good with photoshop.

nunu

#25 Post by nunu »

Used to use Photoshop exclusively, but recently I use Sai a lot also.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#26 Post by Fawn »

@Uncle Mugen: Don't you use the pentool for your lines, though? :O Or are you just that skilled to have vector-perfect lines...

OdysseyStudio
Regular

#27 Post by OdysseyStudio »

My tools of trade switch between MyPaint, GIMP, Inkscape, and Google Sketch. MyPaint for concepts; Inkscape, and Google Sketch for layouts; and GIMP for the final touches. I have Photoshop 7.0( Your not alone mugenjohncel), but I never really use it for some time now. Ehh...I guess I'm just a Opensource kind of guy, or just plan poor...^_^'
The artist's world is limitless. It can be found anywhere, far from where he lives or a few feet away. It is always on his doorstep.
--Paul Strand

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#28 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:I use Photoshop CS5 and love it very, very much.
The very first person I've ever seen praising CS5. Many haters(including me), I still get problems with the cursed eraser tool ="=
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#29 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

OtomeWeekend wrote:
Auro-Cyanide wrote:I use Photoshop CS5 and love it very, very much.
The very first person I've ever seen praising CS5. Many haters(including me), I still get problems with the cursed eraser tool ="=
Cursed eraser? Is that when it turns up as an arrow instead of a circle?

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#30 Post by LVUER »

If that's the matter, I think you could change the eraser pointer icon... at least I can in Photoshop Elements 5.0
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW