My music tracks! Need some potatoes!

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
AlexNoir

My music tracks! Need some potatoes!

#1 Post by AlexNoir »

Hello!
I'm writing from a village called Kyiv (Ukraine) :D

Need some critical ears!
[To write an OST for anime, - one of my dreams is :) ].

(btw,i prefer (mostly) orchestra =))

So, there's some various tracks (sketches).
There will be more - i'm working on it now ("anime-style", of course).
Your opinions would be helpful!
Thank you!
(pardon me for my English, anyway :D )

http://soundcloud.com/prestonoire/when-sun-is-shining
http://soundcloud.com/prestonoire/raining-alone
http://soundcloud.com/prestonoire/calm
http://soundcloud.com/prestonoire/faded-flower
http://soundcloud.com/prestonoire/sets/flower-field

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

Re: My music tracks! Need some potatoes!

#2 Post by yummy »

Wow. Amazing. These songs are pretty much at pro level.
These works each have their own atmosphere, their own vibration.

"When sun is shining" has an intimate feeling, and a good execution. What more could I say about it?

"Raining Alone" is very immersive. The nostalgia, lonely feeling it emanates makes it quite unique.

"Calm" reminds me of a village in the hills, like one that would appear in Naüsicaa. There is this sensation of a quiet and remote place, blessed by the gods, surrounded by nature, a small island of calmness.

"Faded Flower" is rather difficult to interpret. At first, it reminds me of a high tower, with a captive princess at its top. Then the bad guy describes to her what dark fate lies for her then leaves (yeah I know, pretty cliché). Then the camera zooms out, pans over the tower while the sad princess looks at the sky. Well, to make it short, I think it describes a tragedy, with some air of grandeur.

"Flower Field", despite its name makes me rather picture a place with drops of rain, with someone sheltering under a tree, until the weather gets better...

Well, that's it. I hope my imagination is not too bad.
I really liked your themes and would be glad to listen to more of them!
I'm also very, very curious about how you're handling anime style, but also about orchestral arrangements.

Loveli
Regular

#3 Post by Loveli »

I loved them They are very beautiful!! Could I use one in my game? (of course I would give you credit!!) I really liked them :D Keep up the good work!!
Just a tip, ALWAYS read the traceback when an error occurs... Even if you say you don't really understand it, it may give you a hint as to what is wrong whit your script :) trust me... I have "Been There, Done That!" :D

AlexNoir

#4 Post by AlexNoir »

2yummy
Merci beaucoup for a detailed reply!!!

2loveli
Yes, of course! Just one nuance: my real name is Alexandre Chorny. For the other's comfort i've translated it into English & Francais to use that nickname on forums etc =) ("chorny" means "black" in russian :D )
-----------------------------
I really adore "romantic-kind" anime, for both "guys" and "girls" auditory.
I'm fallin' in love with intimate sounding of sax in GTO, for example, beautiful orchestra main themes in Lovely Complex, also Special A, and piano leitmotifs in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, and also main theme in ToraDora and some others (i'm still finding more and more beautiful music) And yes - Hisaishi is forever and always in my heart (especially, his brilliant waltzes) :D Plus, there are Shinkai films with simple, but heart-touching music.

And one thing - i'm studying piano at college now (i've played piano for 11 years and keep playing, but have been starting composing 1,5 - 2 years ago as well :D ), so if someone need help with piano interpretation, qqch, etc, i would help!!
-----------------------------
Just one thing is quite strange. There is a something between "West" and "East" cultures, especially anime (maybe, except H. Miyazaki,who has integrated his films into "international setting" (for example, Howl's moving castle...), but, there's no "west musicians", who composing music to anime. Or i'm wrong?)

Okay, there is anime like First Squad, but it's quite an ordinary film, and yea - music has composed by japanese DJ) We don't "feel the style"?? That can't be true :(

Loveli
Regular

#5 Post by Loveli »

I love romance! Romance it's my life xD And I love anime to! And I'm Latin-American so really I think it doesn't really matter where you come from just keep living your dream, work towards it and never give up! Not even age matter I'm only 15 yet I'm programing a VisualNovel xD Anything it's possible! :D If you want it fight for it until the very end!

I'm very happy that you would let me use your music for my current game and hopefully my future ones too :) I really loved the songs they really made me get the feelings. So beautiful! :D Loved it, really really loved it!

By the way I love Lovely Complex xD
I love the sound of the piano it relaxes me and it's really touching, it can evoke real deep emotion all on it's own.
Keep practicing, and get better and better every day! So far your music it's really great! Keep it up :D :)
Just a tip, ALWAYS read the traceback when an error occurs... Even if you say you don't really understand it, it may give you a hint as to what is wrong whit your script :) trust me... I have "Been There, Done That!" :D

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by 15385bic »

beautiful composition and music - sounds really pleasant =D

AlexNoir

#7 Post by AlexNoir »

Thanks! There is a new one, but it sounds not good at all =)
http://soundcloud.com/prestonoire/track

Now Im keep working on sustain strings, so =)

2loveli
Good ambitions at your age! I appreciate it :) It would be interesting to see something of your works =)
I really interested in composing (piano) leitmotifs - not only because of experience. I think, thats a best way to feel happy of myself - "fall" into someone's story, having emotions etc (pardon for a primitive explanation, its quite tough to explain :D)

Loveli
Regular

#8 Post by Loveli »

AlexNoir wrote:Thanks! There is a new one, but it sounds not good at all =)
http://soundcloud.com/prestonoire/track

Now Im keep working on sustain strings, so =)

2loveli
Good ambitions at your age! I appreciate it :) It would be interesting to see something of your works =)
I really interested in composing (piano) leitmotifs - not only because of experience. I think, thats a best way to feel happy of myself - "fall" into someone's story, having emotions etc (pardon for a primitive explanation, its quite tough to explain :D)
Hey I actually like quiet a bit that new one! It's got a kind of nostalgic feeling to it, and it sounds very delicate, makes me think about goodbyes too. I think it's kind of touching! :D mmmm how can I explain it? It's like a mixture of hopefulness and nostalgic moments like when you lovingly remember something from the past but know it won't come back but still deep inside you wish it did! And towards the end it gets very delicate. (not sure if you get what I meant by that tough xD)

Also ambitions, dreams, etc. Those are the ones that keep people going! :D So don't give up! And also whatever makes YOU happy keep doing it! What matters is that you like it! No matter what other people say :D. My game is kinda still going to take a wile but I'm working on it :D Maybe some day you'll be able to play it! Hope you do! Now about the "falling into someones story" part I think I kinda get it. Sometimes stories simply touch your heart! Some other times you feel so connected to the characters that you feel what they feel too. Sometimes it makes people cry or sad, sometimes it makes them happy, it can even make them laugh! But I think that's the most beautiful part of any art, touching peoples hearts!

When I was young (lol yeah now I'm talking like an old woman xD) I used to spend my free time inventing fantastical stories that I used to play whit my friends, each one of us was a certain person or character and I started to move the story forward saying what everything looked like, sometimes we all worked together, sometimes one guided the others. It was during those times that I started liking writing little stories. Because when I said something funny my friends would laugh and when something sad happened to some character the other would worry and I liked that.

I love art. It's a very important part of my life. It makes me happy and it makes me feel like I did something I can be proud of! So if you love something never let go, if it makes you happy never ever lose it! That's what I believe...

Man I sure do talk a lot, don't you think? xD I'm sorry it's just that I can't help it I'm really sentimental and I like to express it. Hope you keep on working and to hear more nice songs from you again and again because I really like them :D. Oh but don't forget to take a break now and then it's good for inspiration, health and to your hands too! xD :D Take care!

AlexNoir

#9 Post by AlexNoir »

Loveli wrote:
Man I sure do talk a lot, don't you think? xD
Of course not :)
I hope im correct: "nada más que decir" :D
i'm totally agree with you!
Thank you

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#10 Post by Snow Blossom »

Goodness. All the songs are beautiful.
And, um... well, if I were REALLY picky, I'd say your most recent song was a bit too... fast-paced? I felt that the moods changed a bit too fast. But aside from that, everything was wonderful! Thank you for sharing! ^o^