About my artwork....

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Fawn
Moe Imouto

Re: About my artwork....

#16 Post by Fawn »

MORE FANART. Because I want to put off my precalculus homework as much as I possibly can. Sorry it's messy.
hurpdurp.png
All drawn by hand in zero seconds flat. Hope that's alright ^^;

Another tip I have is to use colors that are "reflective" of the background. For example in this picture I used pink-tinted tones to color and shade because she's surrounded by pink cherry blossom trees.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

An alternative tip

#17 Post by mugenjohncel »

You could also use Figma's to practice poses and stuff...

"POOF" (Disappears)

demonangelz
Regular

#18 Post by demonangelz »

@fawn 0.o whoa nice, ohh i c nvr rly thought about background interacting with character be4, did u do that background by hand? it looks awesome XD
@mugen lol i don have any anime figurines (srry mispelled this) at home ><

this is my second attempt, i try to think about the porportions although i will admit i didnt use the skeleton model because i was unsure how to draw some of the body parts with it >< this time i scanned and traced my picture n the bad looking background is done by me. I was trying to test some things out but i think it failed lol XD also for coloring the picture itself i looked at multiple tutorials on youtube, devianart and random stuff through google....uhh so what do u think? XP
Attachments
random boy 3.jpg
I have returned after a long time away. Working on a small project, hope I'll be able to show it on here soon! =D

demonangelz
Regular

#19 Post by demonangelz »

srry i double posted again >< this was what i drew before that picture so techinically i guess u could say that other picture was third attempt? XD
Attachments
random boy 2.jpg
I have returned after a long time away. Working on a small project, hope I'll be able to show it on here soon! =D

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

#20 Post by Desu_Cake »

Okay, proportions-wise, you're getting better. The shoulders look about right, but further down, he is shrinking. Also, you need to work on the shape of the face, as the cheekbone appears to be above the eye. Don't be afraid to fatten him up a bit either. The top of the arms should be roughly 1/3 the width of the chest. Other than that, getting good. I especially like the shading on the jeans.

lucy
Lucy-Class Veteran

#21 Post by lucy »

demonangelz wrote:this is my second attempt, i try to think about the porportions although i will admit i didnt use the skeleton model because i was unsure how to draw some of the body parts with it >< this time i scanned and traced my picture n the bad looking background is done by me. I was trying to test some things out but i think it failed lol XD also for coloring the picture itself i looked at multiple tutorials on youtube, devianart and random stuff through google....uhh so what do u think? XP
OK besides the proportion that still needed some work to do... you've also got to learn how to get used to layering clothes... anyway, I'll share how I do it...

First you'll draw a rough stick figure to visualize the pose of your character...

Then once you decided on a pose... you do a rough body wrapped around the pose you made...

After you worked out the overall shape... you then re-draw the body using the previous sketch as basis... unless your character is naked, you don't have to draw every single muscle and 6 pack in detail... just the overall shape...

Then you draw the pants. While drawing, you should visualize and feel the curves of his hips and wrap the pants around it. The idea is to wrap the clothes taking the shape of the body it wraps. Also pay attention the where you place the folds. In this case, the parts of the pants that are subjected to the most stress are between the legs and the crotch...

Like the pants, you draw the shirt the same way... you wrap it around the body... again notice how I draw the fold in the lower part?... Do not put too much unnecessary folds in your lineart... usually you can emphasize folds via coloring but that's another story...

And same thing for the jacket... wrap it while taking the body and anything underneath it into account...

Then you can add the hair while following the contours of the base body...

Now about props and accessories... you might want to plan the placement of them a bit more. In your original example, the belt is just there dangling and will most likely fall off... so I give it a place to cling to. For the sword, you might want to oversize and exaggerate them to give some emphasis.

Hope this helps

"POOF" (Disappears)

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#22 Post by Fawn »

demonangelz
Regular

#23 Post by demonangelz »

been bz these days but i finally had time to try the new technique of using the skeleton, err...idk if it's because i'm not use to it or something but this is what i came up with, srry didnt hav time to finish the coloring >.<
n @ DarkSpartan srry for not replyin b4, im checking the daz program out right now, i think i like drawing too much to stop for 3d stuff XD
Attachments
random boy.jpg

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#24 Post by Crocosquirrel »

I never suggested you use it to do *anything* with that program but pose the figure so you can look at it from various angles.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

demonangelz
Regular

#25 Post by demonangelz »

srry srry i meant i'm not used to as in not familiar with drawing on the tablet >< srry if that sounded like i was using the program

demonangelz
Regular

#26 Post by demonangelz »

srry i'm double posting again, this is what i got so far after a couple practice sketches n stuff, does any1 no a site i can go to look at how to color anime cuz i feel like my coloring is....not very anime-ish/cg-ish like
it's somewhat done but i got lazy towards the end when i started to color the jeans and just gave up lol XP
Attachments
random couple(edit2) copy.jpg

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#27 Post by lordcloudx »

I think you need to improve the basic drawing first, and then you can move on to proper shading. In any case, It's a good idea to think about how the shadows fall on your drawing even before you start coloring. I personally do some light pencil shading while making the basic sketch.

It looks to me as if you're not drawing individual muscles/body parts and freehanding the entire drawing.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)