Sunlit-Dreamer's Thread of....Stuff

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

Sunlit-Dreamer's Thread of....Stuff

#1 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Meh why not? I'll just be using this lil thread here to leave my ideas for future vns so I don't forget. And post art of course. Random art. Not character stuff since those will be in the wip threads. (Once I make them in a couple weeks or so...)

Ideas (Details remain inside my head bwuahaha)

Horror VN: With multiple paths showing hints and secrets to survive and possibly escape the facility. (Based off of novel I'm writing....most endings you'll end up dying. I'm mean. >:3)

Fantasy VN: (inspired by Negima and The Familiar of Zero) GxB Takes place in academy (college type bwuahaha), get to know classmates, blah blah blah, training, more blah blah blah, classmate you partner has different effect on fighting style, blah blah blah, classmate you choose as permanent partner is PERMANENT. (Hahahaha I spoil nothing inside my head)

Vocaloid VN: Unh...this was more a request. So no details. Might make it a KN.

And now I post a random drawing. *does eeny meeny miny mo*
A fox and wolf....without reference....looks so wrong.
A fox and wolf....without reference....looks so wrong.
Curse you eeny meeny miny mo. Meh oh well not as if posting that old thing will kill me.....right?

(Beware....my train of thought is bizarre)
Ooooold sketch from old account. (Left account due to stalkers....bad ones)
Ooooold sketch from old account. (Left account due to stalkers....bad ones)
Another oldy. Made the legs too short. Grah.
Another oldy. Made the legs too short. Grah.
Another old drawing from 2008. (Yup posting old stuff first bwuahaha) Colored with....crayons...
Another old drawing from 2008. (Yup posting old stuff first bwuahaha) Colored with....crayons...
Yup 2008. Head sketch of Haruhi from OHSHC. I wonder when I'll eventually add my more recent stuff....XD
Yup 2008. Head sketch of Haruhi from OHSHC. I wonder when I'll eventually add my more recent stuff....XD
Hunny from OHSHC. Got his arms and hands wrong. >< Once again from 08.
Hunny from OHSHC. Got his arms and hands wrong. >< Once again from 08.
Please ignore the girl.....PLEASE! (Again, 2008)
Please ignore the girl.....PLEASE! (Again, 2008)
....If only I could turn back time to fix the girl...
Naked fairy. =P 2008
Naked fairy. =P 2008
This was actually from a picture. No tracing though...instead I stared at the picture intensely and tried to draw it. Then changed a few colors. 2008
This was actually from a picture. No tracing though...instead I stared at the picture intensely and tried to draw it. Then changed a few colors. 2008
Sakura and Suchina.jpg (37.78 KiB) Viewed 2672 times
Yeah..."Suchina"...she's gone. No more. So no asking about her please. *gets rid of evidence of the Naruto fc*

Edit: And I shall be posting one drawing every single day in here. But I won't bump. Just edit my posts. Bwuahaha.
ImageImageImageImage

ScottySeng
Regular
Completed: May-Chan
Projects: Fairy Tale, What do you see

Re: Sunlit-Dreamer's Thread of....Stuff

#2 Post by ScottySeng »

Nice Artwork. I'm sure you'll get to fixing faces with some more practice.

It seems this thread is dead though...

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly

#3 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Yup. It is deeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaad. Like I stated in my signature. XD But I shall still post in here since it's meh thread for stuff. =3

I'm just surprised you found this and commented in it. o.o

Oh well still happy someone commented. XD (And now I no longer have to keep adding artwork to the first post since I DID say I'd add one every day)

Yeah, I'll get the faces eventually. But for now I'm trying to get bodies right. @@

Now today's art! (And on if need be)
The hands...the hands....*shakes head in shame* Started those fingers at the wrong place...done in 2009 (Yup no more 08 art)
The hands...the hands....*shakes head in shame* Started those fingers at the wrong place...done in 2009 (Yup no more 08 art)
I actually have a finished version of this. Will put it up in a few days when its turn comes. XP
ImageImageImageImage

Artemis Gale
Projects: None...yet

#4 Post by Artemis Gale »

Oh, is there a chance you're going to post more recent stuff?
It's nice to see older stuff, but I would really like to see how it compares to what you do now. =]

The 2009 work was looking better, at least the limbs had shape now instead of being a tube. I feel bad saying it but I have to agree, those poor hands. (Isn't that great with hands either.) And her shoulders are very small. I really do like the shape of the arms and legs though.

ScottySeng
Regular

#5 Post by ScottySeng »

Well, I saw your signature, and I decided to make it somewhat alive again. haha.
Shouldn't there more artwork though if you really did draw everyday?

I'm trying to get the faces right first then the bodies. I can't believe I can draw a person's face in 15 min, but I'm having trouble drawing anime faces.. :(

Good luck :)

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#6 Post by JustAnotherMe »

Wut?! You have a thread like this??? Why I never knew of it's existence??

And those ideas? >=( gonna hit you for not giving any hints!! ;^D

Okay, critique timeee XDDD

Hmmm, since these pics are your past works, I can't seem to have many critiques, coz probably you already know about the wrong things (coz you tend to look at details... like mine... ^0^) The only thing I can critique is the proportion and all. Try to focus on sketching the basics then move on with little details after you've mastered the sketches. At least, it works for me ^_^ coz if you focus on one thing at a time it'll surely improve much much faster. And you know everything that have a good foundation makes a great achievement someday!!

Anyway, I'll b stalking this thread from now on!! Gonna see me again sometimes soon (hope you don't mind me stalking you XP)

*disappeared bfore you can hit me*
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#7 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

First to explain a few things. XD

As for why I'm posting old work, it's in a way to show how I improved over time before I eventually show my most recent artwork. (Which isn't many sadly, thus why I decided to put old artwork first anyway) Except the fox and wolf one. That one is actually from 2010.....yeah my drawing went downhill...blah.

And I don't draw everyday sadly. Only time I drew everyday was in jr high. And you don't wanna see those drawings....(Plus some were on notebook paper which is pretty much a no no to uploading on art sites) College is in the way. I'm just posting the next drawing in chronological order of when I did them. Sorta.

Okay questions answered. ^^

Yeah...those accursed hands....still have problems with them. But at least I'm less likely to start the fingers at the same place as the thumb. @@

Ahh, thankies! Yay thread's no longer dead! Must change signature now. XD And faces huh? We all have our ways. For me I want to get the entire body right. I'd feel uncomfortable if only the head looked nice while everything else looked.....awkward. So for now, I'm looking at pictures of my family and trying to sketch them.

*laughing @ JAM* The ideas are actually long. And the horror one I think would have many paths. Plus I wanted to concentrate more on the one I'm making before I started adding details to them. I would've told you. ^^ And the reason you probably didn't know it existed until now was because it was really dead. lmao

Yeah....stil trying to get proportion right. Especially arms and the shoulder area. Sadly when it comes to me, I quickly get frustrated than give up on drawing. Among other stuff. Which I won't say since they'll all sound like excuses.

Yay I have an official stalkah! *happy dance*

Note: Might edit this post since it's about half an hour away until midnight, which would be next pic posting time. XP

Edit: And like I said, the picture. XP
Yeah...pointing fingers all around...and my eraser....evil....I don't think I'll ever make a finished version seeing they'll never be used. 2009
Yeah...pointing fingers all around...and my eraser....evil....I don't think I'll ever make a finished version seeing they'll never be used. 2009
Chains why must you be so tricky?
As you can see, this old thing is where I made my avatar from. Darn hands...2009...and please ignore my chicken scratch hand-writing.
As you can see, this old thing is where I made my avatar from. Darn hands...2009...and please ignore my chicken scratch hand-writing.
I hate inking. ><
ImageImageImageImage

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#8 Post by JustAnotherMe »

OmiGod! That's you!!! The last pic! So much improvement!!! *0* You're so good with those details!!! I bet you can be pretty great as an artist someday!!!!
And oh why chain, why you are so god**** hard to draw???
Ugh! I must not lose to you! Gonna try some poses and the proportions too XDD
Let's be great together!! /^3^/

...you actually happy to have a stalker... weirdooooooo XP
0.3 second lunch

ScottySeng
Regular

#9 Post by ScottySeng »

Wow, the latest drawing looks amazing. I hate inking too. Once tap on the paper is all it takes to destroy the drawing.
Yeah, I have to agree, chain is hard to draw...

I think you're better than me at drawing figures. I'll catch up eventually.
I think the left shoulder is a bit too high. I think lowering it would help.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#10 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Yosh, let us both become awesome artists! In our own way anyway since people view art differently. And I'm proud to be weird!

Yeah...there's some drawings I've never uploaded due to inking them, ruined them. And yeah, for the shoulder I was pretty much guessing and didn't look up reference to double check.

Now this time around after some debating, I decided to upload two older pieces of art from 2007. Of course I'll still be uploading the next drawing as well. XD
From 2007. Only uploaded this to show how I did the hand which I am proud of. IGNORE THE FACE. IGNORE I SAY.
From 2007. Only uploaded this to show how I did the hand which I am proud of. IGNORE THE FACE. IGNORE I SAY.
Pay attention only to the hand...please...
From 2007 as well. As for why I uploaded this, it's the only piece I inked entirely. (I drew it by pencil first of course) Of course...it looked better uninked.
From 2007 as well. As for why I uploaded this, it's the only piece I inked entirely. (I drew it by pencil first of course) Of course...it looked better uninked.
Her eyes creep me out...hate how I did the face.
Sakura and Syaoran from CCS! Back on the 2009 group. Sadly I'm not very good at drawing kids....or boys....really bad at drawing guys...
Sakura and Syaoran from CCS! Back on the 2009 group. Sadly I'm not very good at drawing kids....or boys....really bad at drawing guys...
Syaoran, I'm so sorry I drew you badly! TT~TT
ImageImageImageImage

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#11 Post by JustAnotherMe »

Gahahahaha!!! Syaorannn!!! So cutee!!!! XDD
Oh, now I'm getting to cardcaptor's mood!!!!

ps: if you told me not to look at something... than I MUST look at it
0.3 second lunch

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#12 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

I shall forever have Sakura and Syaoran as my OTP. ALWAYS. X3 They're so adorable. And realistic concerning falling in luuuuuuuurve. (*le gasp* Tis not love at first sight or after a few days!....Although TRC kinda breaks that...meh.)

Nuuuuuuuu! Look away from them! Look away! Stare at the prettier stuff!

Or be creeped out by this! >:D
Went overboard on crosshatching...2009
Went overboard on crosshatching...2009
I'm just going to copy and paste the summary I wrote for this.

This was originally NEVER going to be finished. But one "glorious" day family friends came over...and I was bored as heck. So I decided to practice my shading by doing the girl's head...than her upper body...than her legs...than her feet...(You see what happened?) In the end, I added furniture and curtains. And her face was NOT creepy at all. (It was cute and sweet in the beginning) But since my shading was so dark...you can see the changes to make her fit in...this took me DAYS to finish. More than a week I think...yes. I started at the beginning of the 4 day weekend. No stealing her.

Also a couple things. 1. She's holding a glass of...."wine". 2. She has claws. 3. She has no shoes on those are socks.

Would've looked better if I didn't do the majority of the shading crosshatch style. ><

I know I should be putting 2 pics since I didn't put one up for yesterday buuuuuuuuuuut....I don't feel like it. XP

Might post up another pic later on today though to go with this one. Considering it is now officially Halloween! ^^
ImageImageImageImage

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#13 Post by JustAnotherMe »

Oh! I creeped out by you!! Gah!!! Is she... not a human? I have some works I added some shadings too and it turn out to be a really really creepy one like this. I dumped it a really really long time ago though. (might not want the pic to haunt me in the middle of the night or moving by itself...)
0.3 second lunch

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#14 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Hahahaha, but creepy drawings are good to do every once in a while. Always best to try out new styles instead of constantly doing chibi, realism, abstract, etc. And as time passes by while doing different varieties you eventually come up with your own style. ^^ (I bet it's watching you right now)

Been lazy last couple days. XP But I've been busy like many others. Here's the shaded version of Blank Eyes I have above. Will say now I didn't fix the hands. ><

I scanned this old thing on another computer which was thrown out since it stopped working. (It literally stopped working) And the drawing itself I gave to a friend who was moving away to another state. So I can't scan it again. Which is why I copied the link that has the watermark. I'll say now I no longer use that devart account and I have a new one. (There are reasons...I think I already stated why.)
ImageImageImageImage

ScottySeng
Regular

#15 Post by ScottySeng »

Wow, that drawing looks nice...the paper seems pretty rough though