Sunlit-Dreamer's Thread of....Stuff

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

Re: Sunlit-Dreamer's Thread of....Stuff

#16 Post by JustAnotherMe »

I might try to do this creepy thing in my next work I guess, eh? Gahahaha!! Oh, now I feel bad for Omnificent... I want to make his chara to be creepy... Gah! I'll just think of it as a halloween custome...
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#17 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

The reason why the paper appears rough is probably because it's the type I can also use charcoal on. (Not very good with charcoal so don't expect any of those from me @@)

Yeah I saw your results of your attempt for creepiness. XD Well facial expressions do make people creepy. How else would people be scared of girls with a peculiar smile? Their face shows it all. To run away for your life.
This was a gift for a friend done in 2009. Unfortunately because of something that happened earlier this year, I don't see him anymore.
This was a gift for a friend done in 2009. Unfortunately because of something that happened earlier this year, I don't see him anymore.
Sakura from CCS/TRC. With a butterfly~ WAS originally writing a fanfic with her wearing those clothes and blah blah blah, but I decided to make it an original story instead. Which I someday hope to publish. As for why her feet are cut off, I ran out of space literally. Again. (Why do I take up so much space while drawing?) *glares at the evil hand*
ImageImageImageImage

ScottySeng
Regular
Completed: May-Chan
Projects: Fairy Tale, What do you see

#18 Post by ScottySeng »

Wow, that drawing is so pretty. I think the legs are kind of long, but I might be wrong.
You could always get bigger paper :)

Sorry about your friend though :(

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#19 Post by Tag- »

I can see the improvement from the last picture :D

The hands this time aren't so bad, what you need to watch out for are limb length and torso length. If you put your arms down by your side, you'll see that at most they'll only reach about mid-thigh. In saying that, I think you've made her torso in this picture a bit too short, since elbows reach about your waist.
PM me if needed

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly

#20 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Actually I can't, considering that one there is from my sketchbook. XD It's 8 x 10.5 in. Owned it for YEARS. Along with other sketchbooks. As for why her legs are long, when it comes to legs for me I try to be realistic when it comes to length and where the knee is. So....yeah.

Yeah, I noticed that more recently. I'll be trying to make the torso a bit longer and placing the elbows at the right place along with making the arm the proper length. *does that make any sense?*

Anyway here's the photoshopped version...and this was before I found out about the ink stroke....>< (And it was my "test subject" really, first time ever using Photoshop)
WHY DIDN'T I FIGURE OUT THE INK STROKE SOONER!? TT~TT The lines look uneven and weird....especially my butterfly...
WHY DIDN'T I FIGURE OUT THE INK STROKE SOONER!? TT~TT The lines look uneven and weird....especially my butterfly...
ImageImageImageImage

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#21 Post by JustAnotherMe »

YAY!! You start coloring!!! Though I recommend to use SAI rather than pshop. But it's okay, the thing is, you start coloring!!! Gimme more!!! >=D Your drawing will be much better with some colors!!
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

Rin
Regular
Projects: Kaguya-hime, La Cage, Puella Magi Ibuki Magica, The Product of Poison
Organization: Kaguya-hime developer, TwinTurtle, Polymorphic

#22 Post by Rin »

Cute stuff *A*
Srsly I loveeeee the fox and wolf pic *nose bleed* It's just soooo amazing *steal them*

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#23 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

The reason I chose Photoshop is because they have the inking pen that makes the lines all smoooooooooth. Well, once I actually figured out how to use it right anyway. XD After all, you see my avvy right? THAT is when I started using the ink function the CORRECT way. And since you asked...I'll post three more. After that no more drawings for me to post until I actually draw. *been busy with college hw to draw*

And ty Rin! Although I don't see as to how some of my work is cute. XD Yay someone likes my anatamatically wrong animal! (I know I spelled that word wrong but....you get the idea)
Done this year, 2011. An old Sonic fc. Yes, I'm a Sonic fan. Sue me.
Done this year, 2011. An old Sonic fc. Yes, I'm a Sonic fan. Sue me.
Color pencil version
Color pencil version
Photoshop version
Photoshop version
Edit: Scanned a few more old sketches. (Not old old, they're all in the sketchbook I still currently use) So will be editing this post with a new pic each day once again bwuahaha.
I actually had a wolf book that had these expressions, I quickly sketched them for future reference as you can see
I actually had a wolf book that had these expressions, I quickly sketched them for future reference as you can see
Please ignore my bad hand writing.
I sketched this mess in a few min. Feel free to laugh. XD I'm TERRIBLE at drawing boys.
I sketched this mess in a few min. Feel free to laugh. XD I'm TERRIBLE at drawing boys.
Yes, I know, this looks like crud. And small. (I wanted to be able to sketch the entire body though so I wanted it small anyway, my sketchbook is small)
I'm not very good drawing characters sideways. This was done several months back...or was it last year...
I'm not very good drawing characters sideways. This was done several months back...or was it last year...
As you can see...I'm starting to put up art of guys and not girls. XP
This was also done around the same time as the side practice. Meh.
This was also done around the same time as the side practice. Meh.
Hoods are....grah.
Done a year or so ago. Is actually small but scanner made it...big.
Done a year or so ago. Is actually small but scanner made it...big.
Syaoran....you ish an AWESOME dude!
Wanted to practice drawing the back of heads since it's rarely ever done if you think about it. This was done last year I believe.
Wanted to practice drawing the back of heads since it's rarely ever done if you think about it. This was done last year I believe.
Unh...ignore the cruddy book. Just wanted him to be staring at....something.
Rough draft of MC for VN I'm currently planning. Trying to make her plain looking. At least I succeeded in making her uncute. Hmm...I think I need to work on the torso and waist area.
Rough draft of MC for VN I'm currently planning. Trying to make her plain looking. At least I succeeded in making her uncute. Hmm...I think I need to work on the torso and waist area.
The reason I chose the name Tiffany? It was what my mom wanted to name her first daughter, but didn't. So she lives on...in this form. XP
From a picture. Did this in about 5 min. Doesn't look right
From a picture. Did this in about 5 min. Doesn't look right
He sorta had a mohawk. Minus the gel and pointiness.
Wanted to try drawing a guy again...and this was the result. Feel free to laugh.
Wanted to try drawing a guy again...and this was the result. Feel free to laugh.
Darn hands and sword.
ImageImageImageImage