help me with my lyric? I don't know how to make it! XF

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

help me with my lyric? I don't know how to make it! XF

#1 Post by JustAnotherMe »

I don't want to make many posts. So I just change my previous post. (I don't know if this thing the right place to post this or not. Might close this after I get some opinions)

Now, I want to ask some opinions about a lyric I made. Just in case, I'm not a writer, or even have a talent on that, furthermore, I'm not good at english, but because I need a lyric for my game, pleassseee help me >_<

So, here it is:
  • THE DEMON WANT IT SO

One and one
    Nail and tear the left wing
    Two and two
    Break and rip the right wing

Laugh and laugh
    The demon want it so
    Blood and blood
    The demon want it so

Four and four
    stab and pin the butterfly
    Five and five
    Crush and trample their heads

Run and run
    The demon want it so
    Fall and die
    The demon want it so
Last edited by JustAnotherMe on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 22 times in total.
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

oOTearlessOo

Re: Gimme some tips and tricks to draw FASTER pleasee TT_TT

#2 Post by oOTearlessOo »

Well, as you said, being used to it helps xD
But for me it also is a mood thing! I am best when I am sad, in a bad mood, so I fiigured OTL Have best ideas and stuff.... Thought if that is good... wellxD
Also, warming up helps me personally, I ALWAYS sketch before doing anything else and if it's just a chibi. Or play a game I use the tablet pen with (Osu, Gaia Majhong dimensions 8D ) so my hand gets used to the movement.
Then also music. Music with text and stuff distract me alot because I tend to make up stories to music and then get restless and have to walk up and down my room,lolxD So, I personally prefer stuff like nightcore and maybe even techno. Would never listen to that away from while drawing but it's a more or less monotone music, so while simply lining, basecoloring and maybe shading, that really helps me. For sketching = ideafinding it of course isn't that good as you can really turn off your mind with it xD Of course there is still the option of no music at all = no distraction at all.
Last of course, if you do not feel like drawing and force yourself, you will take longer anyways what doesn't mean a bit force here and there is bad to get into drawing again but never overdo it!
And... of course this all works for me, can be different for you... hope I still was able to help somehow =>

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#3 Post by JustAnotherMe »

So I need to get into the mood!! Yeah, I usually force myself to draw whenever I have time, even though I'm in bad mood and tired and all... (I'm good when in good mood XD) And the music!! It's really true!! I tend to b distracted by those words and emotions they put in it. And the bad thing is: when it's sad song when I try to get in the 'happy' mood and vice versa.
And practice with my tablet? Playing game wth it?! Never thought that b4!! @_@ I'll try to get my hand used to tablet from now!! /(^3^)/
Thanks Tear!! You're helping me in some ways I even didn't realize it myself!!
0.3 second lunch

Chorvaqueen
Regular
Projects: ID: Recollection

#4 Post by Chorvaqueen »

1.) Be in the mood.
2.) Practice. Seriously when you know how to do it, you can do it in seconds.
3.) Be in the mood.

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#5 Post by JustAnotherMe »

1. Okay
2. You know that's my weakness too. @_@
3. GAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! XD
0.3 second lunch

Endorphin
Veteran

#6 Post by Endorphin »

Depends on the style.
Back then, I had lineart and my flats. And I put every color on a seperate layer.
So I couldn't really be faster, because this would jsut mean... crappy linart and no shading. =/

Atm I don't have any lineart [only my sketch which isn't visible anymore] and I work a lot with blending.
The longer I work the more detailed is it, so speedpaints are just rougher. =o

Of course you draw faster when you're in the mood, but it also depends on your style.
I guess cellshading can be pretty fast too if you have shortcuts for the most important tools.
I can just assure you that once you found your style you'll become faster.
[I was SO slow back then, everything took forever. D:]

You can do it. x3

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#7 Post by Fawn »

What's helped me is trying "harder" kinds of drawing... Realism, detailed buildings/costumes/whatever. When you practice harder things you not only learn how to draw better, but more simple drawing becomes a lot easier.

People will probably kick me in the butt for saying this, but anime style is actually very very easy. Try to draw something photorealistic and you'll understand... It takes a lot of time and skill to make something look realistic. Learning realistic things will help you draw better proportions as well, something that will help anime drawing a lot.

It's like lifting weights. You're not going to get much stronger if you keep lifting the same small weight all the time. To get stronger and make the smaller weights easier to lift, you should practice with bigger, harder weights.

As for the mood- if you're not in the mood, draw anyways. I've actually learned a lot when I was frustrated or depressed because I used that time to do realism or color studies.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#8 Post by Sapphi »

Fawn wrote: As for the mood- if you're not in the mood, draw anyways. I've actually learned a lot when I was frustrated or depressed because I used that time to do realism or color studies.
Yeah, it's strange, but if I'm feeling particularly creative, I really don't like drawing from life. However, if I'm really tired or just burnt out, I draw from life really well, probably because my brain is simply accepting what I'm seeing rather than wishing I was drawing something else.

It's the same with books. If I'm in a really creative mood, it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to read for long, because I will have to put the book down and start writing my own book. :lol:
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#9 Post by JustAnotherMe »

@Ryouko: Huwaaa!! It's totally a relieve to hear someone, sometimes ago, is a slowpoke like me too, and you can b fast!!! That means I, too, can b fast right? ^_^
And yeah, you're right about depends on the style. The more detailed a work is, the slower you finish it.
I need to try your method for my next work!!! Thanks for your encouragement!!! XD

@Fawn: yeah, I tried that too. Even though... yeah... sucks... I need to get myself on practicing some realistic drawings now!!! Pass me on those 50 kgs barbel pleasee... *sweat*
Thx Fawn! *need to b in shape*

@Sapphi: I somehow know your feelings. Those creative times... XP
But I can't get in the mood to draw anything if I'm in bad shape... that's my other problem too... T_T If I force it... It'll turn out real bad... But I guess I'll do it anyway!! ^_^ Maybe somehow I can b a little faster than now!!
Thx!!
0.3 second lunch

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by 15385bic »

Tell me when you figure it out. I'm usually pretty slow as well DX
and colouring is 100x worst

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#11 Post by JustAnotherMe »

@bic: I'll surely post it here after i do some of the tips here! Gonna draw again tomorrow!!!
*but you still a LOT faster than me. That's for sure...*
0.3 second lunch

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#12 Post by JustAnotherMe »

Okay, that's it! I'm so gonna use SAI!!! Oh my God... water tool... Never knew of it's existence before...
And to do the tricks, I guess a clean layout will do. Browsed some tutorials on youtube, and almost all of them using SAI... NGYYAAAHH!!! I'm so envious and actually there's a WATER TOOL for the love of God!! And those layers!!!
I feel so stupid for not knowing of it's existence...
And of course... practice until you know how to do it. That of course will take you to finish a pic in seconds!!

And anyway, do you know if Mac is compatible for SAI or not?

And about not using layout... I know there're many artists out there not using layouts. But you must got a mad skill of drawing there. I'm still not used to it...
0.3 second lunch

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#13 Post by Elze »

Mac's incompatible with SAI. I've been crying over that for years, but now there's Clip Paint Lab. Go google for it. It's in japanese, but you can download a translation patch from a forum. Google for the patch as well. It's not as good as SAI, there are some problems since it's still in beta, and you can't import into photoshop. So use it only if you're sure you won't need to do colour edits like hue/saturation or manipulating curves. Pen pressure isn't as sensitive either. But compared to photoshop, it's easier to do the lineart and there are some pretty nifty brushes.

I draw painfully slowly too. I sketch fairly quickly, but I always end up spotting a thousand mistakes and spend all my time correcting them. Colouring is fine for me though.

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#14 Post by JustAnotherMe »

@Elze: and THAT made me cry too TT_TT...
I'm gonna try another option... buy an external memory and put all my things in windows to that. Just so I could do many drawings on that tiny bit memory left. If I just can't, then... I'm gonna do what you suggest me. (I might always go back to photoshop to do some editing with the pics. And this one thought really make me hesitant to use Clip Paint Lab)
ThankYou Elzeeee!!!! ^3^ Hope someday SAI'll b compatible with Mac!!!! (pray)
Aaannndd, gut luck to both of us!! ;p
0.3 second lunch

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

Re: JustAnotherQuestion

#15 Post by JustAnotherMe »

*BUMP*
Update. Well, just asking something this time. Might attach the other chara design next time.
0.3 second lunch