Improvement?

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

Re: Improvement?

#16 Post by TsukiShima »

Oooh man, everyone improved from to be such a great artist, I feel that I'm so low now.. Great job everyone, even though it's only a little or more, we still did improved! It won't stop unless we stop ourselves. Now ever I am inspired to do more arts.
sake-bento wrote:My boyfriend and I do a lot of collab art. He draws, I color. Here's a timeline of our work:
The attachment eonevolution.jpg is no longer available
I think it's kind of cool to see both of us improving together.
Huwaa, that's so awesome.. I wish I had a boyfriend that can draw as well.. But I'm not going to complain, he's only into gaming. He knows I do arts, and he supports me never less. But we don't talk about it when we're together.

--------------------------

Anyway, talking about my improvements, this is my first artwork with my first (and current) tablet.
I did this by the end of 2010
I did this by the end of 2010
I dug up some tutorials and applied other artists style (also called stealing). I'm still in experimenting stage and this is my current style. Though I want to go deeper and learn anatomy by myself, since I don't take Arts at school, heck, I never did study arts formally. I don't like it when drawing become a job that will burden me, it's suppose to be fun.

This is my current style now.
A few months ago.
A few months ago.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by 15385bic »

GeneDNC wrote: And @15385bic, I agree, you really should report stolen art to the site admins, because that's really not on for that person to get credit for your work.
Niki wrote:@15385bic
Woah! o_o Even in that old pic, I can tell you have a great eye for detail...
And about the art theft thing, you should report the deviation! >< Perhaps the admins can forcefully take it down.
its been reported many times by my friends when i didnt have a DA account (i only got one this year? ^^') QAQ. Apparently submission date isnt enought evidence...
ALTHOUGH i found my original pencil drawings
and i'm now trying again - this time sent photographic proof of the original drawings and a sign saying they were mine (missing naruto because i gave him to someone else ages ago >3>)
and if its not down after.... Q.Q i cant do anything else. That person is probably long gone and its the only thing in their gallery.

AND WHY DOES EVERYONE IMPROVE SO MUCH AND I'M ONLY INCHING ALONG? QAQ

YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

#18 Post by YonYonYon »

Ugh... sorry for too many pictures

ImageImage

Death_HUG
Veteran
Projects: A Mysterious Note

#19 Post by Death_HUG »

I want to do this too~ .... but I'm really embarrassed to show one of my old works >3>
*cough* I did the one on the right last year around this time, while the one the right I did just a few weeks ago...
I'm still trying to find some of my really old works... but I think those will burn everybodies eyes orz
Attachments
improvement.jpg

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#20 Post by sake-bento »

I love the fact that so many of us easily see the improvement in the works of others, but we feel as if we ourselves haven't come very far. Everyone who's posted here has gotten significantly better. It's actually kind of exciting.

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

#21 Post by Desu_Cake »

All of my really old stuff is only so much ash floating in the wind by now but here's the earliest I can find
From about 6-9 months ago:
Ignore the tiny Yukari!
Ignore the tiny Yukari!
And now:
IMG_0007.jpg
Bearing in mind that this is a very quick sketch. And yes, they are the same character.

Rin
Regular
Projects: Kaguya-hime, La Cage, Puella Magi Ibuki Magica, The Product of Poison
Organization: Kaguya-hime developer, TwinTurtle, Polymorphic

#22 Post by Rin »

Woo this is interesting. Oww but I can't remember exactly when did I drew the oldest pic ;_;

The oldest:

Then

Later (I wasn't good with coloring)

Then I was quitting drawing until lately I caught up the mood and went back to it. It took me awhile to warming up (continue practicing)

Recently (in time order :p)

A several days later

The newest:

Sorry if I posted too much pics ;_;

Crusher
Regular

#23 Post by Crusher »

15385bic wrote: actually still have problems colouring but my detailing has improved when i want it to be
Image <--2011
Image <--2011
Wow, this is wonderful. Any VN projects you're in? I really would like to check them out. This is really stuff for profound, beautiful stories. Your characters seem very thoughtful and dreamy. I really love it.

Great thread btw., I always love to see how fast people get better step by step :).

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by 15385bic »

Crusher wrote: Wow, this is wonderful. Any VN projects you're in? I really would like to check them out. This is really stuff for profound, beautiful stories. Your characters seem very thoughtful and dreamy. I really love it.

Great thread btw., I always love to see how fast people get better step by step :).
Sorry ^^' - no VN's yet
but i am working on something with someone. Those two pics are going to be used as CG's in the VN/game though. Although we're both so incredibly slow we'll probably never release it until we're both old and grey XD (it is going to end up like an otome game though =D)
Thing is.....the person i'm working with is scripting in novelty ^^' - so i dont know if you guys will get to see it

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#25 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

sake-bento wrote:My boyfriend and I do a lot of collab art. He draws, I color. Here's a timeline of our work:
The attachment eonevolution.jpg is no longer available
I think it's kind of cool to see both of us improving together.
Awww, that's so cute. Makes me wish I had a drawing partner.

I think everyone has improved heaps! It's very inspiring.

Choosing another vs., this is my oldest digital work vs my most technically complicated (which I don't do very often >_>)
Improvement 3.jpg
The first one is from before I got my tablet, but just after I got Photoshop. I inked it traditionally and coloured in photoshop. In comparison, the newer piece uses some of the most advanced techniques I know. These are probably one of the best examples of showing the differences I had in my knowledge when it came to the tools I was using.

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#26 Post by JustAnotherMe »

@Auro:
The first one is from before I got my tablet, but just after I got Photoshop. I inked it traditionally and coloured in photoshop. In comparison, the newer piece uses some of the most advanced techniques I know. These are probably one of the best examples of showing the differences I had in my knowledge when it came to the tools I was using.
Because I don't have much old works, I guess I could do something like yours!! I already put two in my own art dumpage, but I guess I'll just post it here again ^_^

Anyway, sorry for so many attachments with big sizes. >_<
Attachments
working with photoshop WITHOUT tablet...T_T retouched a bit of his hair the first time I get my hand on my tablet
working with photoshop WITHOUT tablet...T_T retouched a bit of his hair the first time I get my hand on my tablet
working with illustrator back then
working with illustrator back then
newest work in photoshop
newest work in photoshop
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

Ruril
Regular
Projects: My name is -----, Love Potion, Animal Myths

#27 Post by Ruril »

Oldest one I could find. What large eyes it has... D:
2008 RO fanart

Some improvement in 6 months for the growlithe gijinkas. not much though...
March 2010 > September 2010
Image Image

I gave up drawing full body and stuck to simple chibis now D:
September 2010 > April 2011 > June 2011
Image Image Image

I gave my art teacher the worst drawings for class near the end of the year in HS. xD I wish she taught me how to draw rather than just putting me in a room with a computer.
May 2010 > June 2011
Fail cat - Dog face

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#28 Post by TsukiShima »

@Ruril, your previous arts really reminds me of RO, maybe because you were influenced by it?
But your current arts, especially the cat and dog, oh wow, they are <3 I really love it!

Everyone improved so well, this is great *O* I wish that one day all the members of LSF can do a collab together ♥

Ruril
Regular
Projects: My name is -----, Love Potion, Animal Myths

#29 Post by Ruril »

@HanaMori
Which previous art? I love RO so maybe I am influenced xD
Thanks! I wish I would draw less chibi and more normalish style these days.

Doing a one giant collab would be fun.
In dA a Ragnarok group did a collab with all the members. They drew their characters running a race and put them all together in a long strip.

Chorvaqueen
Regular
Projects: ID: Recollection

#30 Post by Chorvaqueen »

So today I conclude my experimentation with coloring and here's what I've achieved

I could feel a huge difference on how I used to color. (see signature banner, this post, and my avatar)

she'ssupposedtobescaryandborderlinestylisticsuck