Roses are red, violets are blue: [Please wait warmly.]

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
TwoBreaths
Regular

Roses are red, violets are blue: [Please wait warmly.]

#1 Post by TwoBreaths »

I can't paint a picture,
But I can write for you!

In other words, I'd like to develop my writing skill by taking requests from the Lemmasoft forums. Call this an experiment for the Skill Development forum.
Want me to write some fanfiction for your game? Sure. Compose a haiku dedicated to your character's crazy design? Why not. Take a sketch request? Nope, because I can't draw.

I would like constructive criticism and feedback as much as possible. Just don't hold your breath for anything longer than a quick drabble; something around half the length of this would be realistic. I also might message you if I need more information to base your request on.

I must be crazy to do this when the end of the term is coming up what is wrong with me.
Last edited by TwoBreaths on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue: [Open for requests]

#2 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Hmm...I just might come back to this. Considering the vn I'm planning will have a smaller story inside of it that the mc is planning inside her head. But I won't until the vn itself is no longer in the planning process. Can't waste your time after all and have it go to waste correct? I'll still be watching you though. Shaaaaaaaa.
ImageImageImageImage

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#3 Post by azureXtwilight »

Maaaybe something like a fantasia fanficition? The beta pairing from ROA like cyrus and faye, or ciel and vahn, or serenade and klavios are very little-written. If you'd like, one of 'em please? 8D

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#4 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Some fanfic for Soul and Heart? 8D Juuust try to predict what's going to happen, lol.

TwoBreaths
Regular

#5 Post by TwoBreaths »

@Sunlit-Dreamer: Puahaha, I understand, I vowed never to start a WIP thread for a planned project unless I have enough material to make a demo. That explains why I have no WIP threads up. Feel free to check back wheneverif I haven't died out from exhaustion by then.

@ azurextwilight: One of the beta couples from F:RotA? Serenade and Klavios sounds interesting, but I'd love to explore Ciel and Vahn's well-established relationship. Is there an established backstory for Ciel and Vahn? I'd like to try a short drabble about
either Ciel and Vahn's first meeting(s?) or a funny blurb centered on Nazim flipping out upon meeting Ciel.
@ Lumen_Astrum: Haha, I don't know enough about Soul and Heart to make any predictions but I'd like to do something short around
Cetus' past, especially her husband and the removal of her femininity.
Is her background already set in stone or do you mind me making up something?

I don't know why I have a penchant for exploring backstories right now OTL.

Death_HUG
Veteran
Projects: A Mysterious Note

#6 Post by Death_HUG »

Ah... can you do a fanfic for A Mysterious Note? o3o

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#7 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

TwoBreaths wrote:Haha, I don't know enough about Soul and Heart to make any predictions but I'd like to do something short around
Cetus' past, especially her husband and the removal of her femininity.
Is her background already set in stone or do you mind me making up something?
It's okay if you make up some stuff, as long as you don't destroy her completely... XD

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#8 Post by azureXtwilight »

Sure, that's great XD You can write how Ciel got interested in Vahn since they are "force-engaged" since I didn't establish a canon for it :3

TwoBreaths
Regular

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue: [Please wait warmly.]

#9 Post by TwoBreaths »

@ Death_HUG: I sure will! I'll probably play the demo first to get a better feel for the characters, so it will take me a little longer than the others. I hope you don't mind that.

@ Lumen_Astrum: I'll try not to destroy Cetus completely as a character but I would like to do an alternate interpretation of her past, if you will.

@ azuretwilight: Alright, just one more question:
why were Ciel and Vahn force-engaged again? I figure it was sometime around the Crimson War/Before Requiem but I am not sure if the Crimson War was why those two were put in an arranged marriage.
Phew, thank you for taking the time to look at this thread and make requests. I should finish all the current ones within this week or so. Until then, I'll be closing off requests.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#10 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

TwoBreaths wrote:I'll try not to destroy Cetus completely as a character but I would like to do an alternate interpretation of her past, if you will.
Sure! It's okay~

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#11 Post by azureXtwilight »

TwoBreaths wrote:
@ azuretwilight: Alright, just one more question:
why were Ciel and Vahn force-engaged again? I figure it was sometime around the Crimson War/Before Requiem but I am not sure if the Crimson War was why those two were put in an arranged marriage.
Because basically:

1. It'll create peace (hopefully) since Vahn's father is also a general
2. Nazim's father refuses to marry Nazim to Ciel since her status is much lower than Nazim
3. Nazim's sister Serenade who was supposed to marry Klavios for peace ran away from the castle and became rebel

Death_HUG
Veteran
Projects: A Mysterious Note

#12 Post by Death_HUG »

TwoBreaths wrote:@ Death_HUG: I sure will! I'll probably play the demo first to get a better feel for the characters, so it will take me a little longer than the others. I hope you don't mind that.
I don't mind at all ^-^

TwoBreaths
Regular

#13 Post by TwoBreaths »

Did I say I would finish all of the requests within the week? Sorry, guess I should have made that within the next two weeks or something, lol. Keeping up with the Hetaween event + downloading and playing SWR + school = no life.

Since inspiration works in mysterious ways, I don't have all the requests done in quite the order I got them. However, the drabbles ended up much longer than I said they would be, which I hope you'll like.

---

1. JustAnotherMe's request (Done by PM): 20% done.

---

2. azuretwilight's request: 65% done, preview-

"I don't wanna marry him!" is the first thing out of Ciel's mouth when she first laid eyes on Vahn. She then proceeds to trigger dozens of explosions within a five metre radius, forcing everyone to scatter while the sparse castle gardens are obliterated by a 7 year-old halfling. In her defense, telecarnation is a hard power to master especially if you're an emotional little girl. That didn't lessen the tension between the ambassadors of Seldurs and Valdrox even as Leon tries his best to explain. However, it still doesn't stop the adults from trying to get the two fussy children to like each other.

"Because!" Ciel snaps during one of many arranged play dates when Vahn wonders why she doesn't want to marry him. He flinches but doesn't back down. After all, his father told him to do his best to get along with this testy creature and Vahn would hate to disappoint his father. "Girls only get married to princes after they fall in love and she gets kidnapped or put under a spell and then her prince comes and saves her by slaying a dragon or a witch or something and then live happily ever after. It's in all the books Daddy reads me."

"B-But Nazim's the prince, not me," Vahn stutters before Ciel turns and stares expectantly at the aforementioned prince, who stands a smart distance away after seeing the havoc she wreaks during her temper tantrums. Nazim squeaks and flees from Ciel's intense glare as fast as his feet can take him, so she turns back onto Vahn again.

"Exactly!" Ciel huffs before she throws a small explosion into her fiance's face and goes to play in the castle's newly planted garden.

---

3. Lumen_Astrum's request: Done!
It is the 14th day since the announcement of her husband's execution when Cetus realizes the full implications of her punishment.

It finally hits her when she's spending another day bored before the dirtied mirror dangling above the sink in her cell because there's nothing else to look at in this forsaken place. The flood starts as a droplet when Cetus finds herself tracing the outline of her eye and wishing she didn't look so much like a girl.

A jolt runs through her spine and she corrects herself: that's wrong, her eyes are fine, she's not ugly, her husband loved her eyes and she loved him. Cetus laughs and runs a hand through her hair. She's always wished for it to grow back soon, so her husband could run his fingers through its length again. Now she finds herself thinking that she should maybe thank the prison guards for making her look a little more handsome.

Dread slowly fills her heart and drags it down as she skims through her memories and doesn't find herself fondly remembering them anymore. A tryst by a moonlit lake no longer feels like magic. The ice cream bought on a secret date doesn't taste sweet. Cetus thinks back to her wedding, a private affair hushed up -- and feels disgusted at the memory of wearing a wedding dress, looking beautiful for her husband's eyes while she's finally united together with him in holy matrimony in defiance of the law.

It makes Cetus want to throw up-- not the memories, but the knowledge that the prison has wormed its way into her thoughts and perverted what was most precious to her. So she does, lurching over the sink in her cell, heaving and emptying her stomach of the slop she's spoonfed just to keep the prison from dealing with yet another body. And if the prison is powerful enough to destroy a person from the inside out yet keep them alive then even her husband cannot resist them, cannot save himself from execution, from death--

Cetus looks back into the mirror and cries. Cries because a fundamental part of her identity has been ripped out of her, because she's trapped in a woman's body that will never want to indulge in skirts or high heels ever again, because she's a freak of a man with no experience of how to be. Most of all, Cetus cries for her husband, making up for 14 days of not properly mourning him.

A prison guard on patrol walks by and laughs at the sight of Cetus sobbing before her mirror. Once upon a time, Cetus would have cried harder, falling into self-pity then deeper into despair. Instead, she turns on the guard and snaps, biting at him with words when she cannot reach through the prison bars. The guard flees and she throws one last insult after him, much like her husband did as they dragged him off, before he looked back at Cetus and told her that everything was going to be alright.

Cetus looks back in the mirror. She (or is that he now?) still doesn't feel like a woman. What she does note is that she does resemble a man: her husband. She grins and finds his cocky smirk in the mirror. She frowns and catches that adorable pout of his. Cetus smiles and sees reassurance in eyes so much like her husband's. In some way he and his legacy still lives on. There is still hope.

It is the 73rd day since the announcement of her husband's execution when Cetus transfers cells and meets a girl named Sirius.

---

4. Death_HUG's request: 0%; however, I finished the demo, so I now have information to work with.
I really would like to write something about Kim Eunmi, maybe something about her making friends with the other characters or the stuff she does for her brother (dying her hair, wearing that funny hat, etc.)
---

Sorry, but since I've only finished 1/4 requests so far, I will not be taking any new ones just yet. Please feel free to give me feedback and constructive criticism. I understand that I may have made some mistakes in character interpretation and choice in writing style.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#14 Post by azureXtwilight »

It's so cute XD You grasped her personality well, keep it up!

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#15 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

That was... awesome ;_; You really got her personality well...
Thank you! :D