SK's Design Practice

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Scarlet-Kokoro
Regular
Projects: Imitation Heart(模倣心)-Otome For the Love of Cocoa-Short-Otome VN

SK's Design Practice

#1 Post by Scarlet-Kokoro »

Hello,

I recently got a tablet and have been trying my hand at creating digital drawings. This is an simple, clean line art for an character I've got in mind for a game I want to start working on this summer. Critiques are welcome, but out right bashing is not. Please and thank you! =)
myatadesign.jpg
myatadesign.jpg (15.42 KiB) Viewed 2623 times
(This character is Myata, or the spirit of Mint.)
dalacinidesign.jpg
(Dalacini, or the Spirit of Cinnamon, is in a slightly different style and I gave him an quick coloring so you all could see his color scheme.)

I shall be adding more characters when I am done with them.
Last edited by Scarlet-Kokoro on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?"

Projects:

Immitation Heart: Script: 40% Characters: 50% CGs: 0%
For the Love of Cocoa: In first draft stages

Tetiel
Regular
Projects: Anton's Vacation EP 1 and 2 + Rising Angels (CGs/Character Selection), Katajion Kinetic Monthly (character sprites)

Re: SK's Line Art

#2 Post by Tetiel »

You may want to rotate the drawing about 5 degrees to the left. He appears to be leaning over slightly. It happens to me all the time where I need to correct sketches because of it, especially if I'm drawing at an angle to begin with xD The top of the lineart also appears to be slightly thicker than the bottom. Was that on purpose? I think adding a little bit of line weight (thicker areas where lines join to emphasize shadow) will help a lot. I doubt it'll be very noticeable once you color it, though. It just is since that's all we see right now. Anyways, very good especially since you're new with the tablet. It took me more than a year to adjust to mine properly!

Scarlet-Kokoro
Regular
Projects: Imitation Heart(模倣心)-Otome For the Love of Cocoa-Short-Otome VN

Re: SK's Line Art

#3 Post by Scarlet-Kokoro »

Thanks for the comments. Hmm.... I did draw him with his head slightly tilted, maybe that is making him look like he's leaning? I'll rotate the picture anyway though. ^^ Umm... do you know how to rotate on SAI? I know how to use the rotate function but there is nothing telling you how far you have rotated the image. Oh! And yes, the line art on the hair is thicker by 1.0, I wanted to make it stand out a bit more...
"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?"

Projects:

Immitation Heart: Script: 40% Characters: 50% CGs: 0%
For the Love of Cocoa: In first draft stages