need HELLPPP bouts to rip my hair out!!!!!!!!

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
animeismylife

need HELLPPP bouts to rip my hair out!!!!!!!!

#1 Post by animeismylife »

I've probably gone through the tutorial for hoe to insert images a hundred times, but it doesn't really tell me how to do it. i've been trying to figure it out for two & a half hours. someone please dumb it down for me before i punch my computer to death!!! :oops:

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Re: need HELLPPP bouts to rip my hair out!!!!!!!!

#2 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Is this on Ren'Py? I'm not sure we can help you unless you're more specific. Are you looking for how to insert backgrounds? Sprites? It sounds like this wasn't helpful to you? http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/tut ... art#Images

One thing to note is that the pictures have to be in the game folder with the script.
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

animeismylife

#3 Post by animeismylife »

Yes it is, and yes I need to know how to put in my own backgrounds. I've done it the way it seems to be saying to. But I reall don't think I did it right.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#4 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Okay. The size of your backgrounds should match your screen size. You take the image and you put it in the "game" folder of your project with the rest of your script. In the beginning of your script, you type in this code:

Code: Select all

image givethepictureaname = "the name and file type of the picture in the folder.jpg"
Later on, when you wan the BG to appear in the script you do this.

"This is text in your novel"
    a "A character is saying this. This is purely for context, so ignore it. The relevant part comes after this. Let's change a scene, shall we?"
    scene givethepictureaname
    a "Woah! A scene changed!"
You use "scene" for BGs and you use "show" for sprites and the like. If you want the image to appear using an effect, then you type

scene givethepictureaname with effectname
As for using backgrounds... if it's not fitting your screen size, you can either make your screen size bigger, or you can adjust the size of the background so it fits (this all depends on which of the two that you want).

Ren'Py is a great tool, and with a little bit of playing around, you should be able to figure it out. ^^
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.