Audio Composition Dumpage Circle! Show your inspiration ^^

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

Audio Composition Dumpage Circle! Show your inspiration ^^

#1 Post by yummy »

I thought since we had a thread on drawings/painting/CG, why not a thread on music?
As there are people who excel in drawing, there might be people here who are good in composing music or tunes.

Please post your tunes!

Anyway, here's some of mine.

Solitude in the Rain

If you're paranoid, you can even include your Creative commons authorisations.

Like this one I use for this tune: CC

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Audio Composition Dumpage Circle! Show your inspiration ^^

#2 Post by DaFool »

Nice, I'll put up some stuff when I get home.

This is cool... an art dump, an ideas (concept/writing) dump, and now a tunes dump...

Not to mention there are a few engine (programming/code) dumps here and there in this forum.

keep it up... we just might have a repository of stuff to use! (in principle, though, most of the stuff is just for showing and not intended to be commandeered for other purposes)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#3 Post by lordcloudx »

here http://animerd2k2.net/track1.ogg the track is a bit unfinished but I kinda like it.
testing out my new domain.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#4 Post by Samu-kun »

yummy wrote:I thought since we had a thread on drawings/painting/CG, why not a thread on music?
As there are people who excel in drawing, there might be people here who are good in composing music or tunes.

Please post your tunes!

Anyway, here's some of mine.

Solitude in the Rain

If you're paranoid, you can even include your Creative commons authorisations.

Like this one I use for this tune: CC
Wow, that's some amazing stuff!!! ^_^^_^ Free high quality music like that is so hard to come by! It's better than most of the crappy songs we find in commercial games nowadays.
here http://animerd2k2.net/track1.ogg the track is a bit unfinished but I kinda like it.
testing out my new domain.
Aww... Dead link. TT_TT

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#5 Post by lordcloudx »

You're right. Looks like the server doesn't like ogg files. It's there, but it can't be accessed through a browser. This should work http://animerd2k2.net/track1.zip
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#6 Post by Samu-kun »

Yay, it works now. :3

Awww... I wish I had some musical talent...

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by yummy »

Wah lordcloudx, your composition is cute ! Somehow, it makes me think about a cute character, sitting next to you while you're both talking about idle things, her head nested on your shoulder.
Then she looks in your eyes and chuuuu :D

Ah I wish I could do cute melodies like that (all I do for now are melodramatic melodies, it's kind of... depressing). Please continue ^^

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

#8 Post by Der Tor »

here is a composition that a friend of mine made... i was also kinda involved in helping him with it.

http://big5.zhengjian.org/music/Yuequch ... 26181.html

(if you can't read chinese charachters, simply click on "MP3")

It may not sound like it, but this piece was created 100% on the computer. It's purely electronic music.

The title is "New Tang Dynasty" and the reason it is called that, is because it was originaly compossed for New Tang Dynasty Television - but they didn't want it. (i guess it's wasn't asian enough :mrgreen: )

PS: this is still a proffesional work, so no use without my consent.

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by yummy »

Wow that's heavenly good. It makes me think about a sky garden or something like that, with a crystalline water pond, birds flying over the place.
Quite good ^^

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#10 Post by Alessio »

Yay, at last a thread I can post into as well. Hm, there is a stack of good tunes that I can't post since they are for a still-unreleased game (must... resist... temptation to post). Looking at other tunes, there is the the Theremin loop in this thread (ogg format). More songs can be found on my Soundtracks project page.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#11 Post by DaFool »

Der Tor wrote:here is a composition that a friend of mine made... i was also kinda involved in helping him with it.

http://big5.zhengjian.org/music/Yuequch ... 26181.html

(if you can't read chinese charachters, simply click on "MP3")

It may not sound like it, but this piece was created 100% on the computer. It's purely electronic music.

The title is "New Tang Dynasty" and the reason it is called that, is because it was originaly compossed for New Tang Dynasty Television - but they didn't want it. (i guess it's wasn't asian enough :mrgreen: )

PS: this is still a proffesional work, so no use without my consent.
My gosh this reminds me of Hans Zimmer somehow. Yeah it's not Chinese enough, but I actually like its euro-ness more. It reminds me of some epic film and it's the opening scene where kids are playing under trees... something like that.

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by yummy »

Here's a medley I composed for a friend who was planning to make a rpg of some sorts.
I was to make some tunes but real life caught up and the project was stalled.

Feel free to comment ^^

*clickie*

Ignosco
Veteran

#13 Post by Ignosco »

The attachment one of the tracks for a VN that Mokenju was (hopefully still is?) working on - the balances between the instruments are a bit off at the moment though, and there might be a few other things that could do with some fixing...

And here's a link to a track from Nightcrawlers and Lunatics that I posted earlier (but on the LHH forum).
Attachments
Track 7.rar
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 121 times

Ignosco
Veteran

#14 Post by Ignosco »

This is a piece I composed near the end of last year (nothing to do with VN's). I guess I'm reasonably happy with it, and although the computerised playback isn't that great, it gives some idea of what it might sound like in performance.
Attachments
Final version - piece for Flute, Clarinet and Piano.rar
(6.37 MiB) Downloaded 112 times

Kikered
Regular
Completed: Quine, The Secret Ingredient
Projects: Metropolitan Blues, Mirai Imouto, Temple Glen, Fuyu no Tabi, MIA
Organization: Team BG

#15 Post by Kikered »

This thread has been woefully neglected for far too long! It seems that we've got several composers on the boards, so there should be more activity here. The songs that people have posted here so far are largely impressive and definitely worth checking out. Perhaps people can find composers for their next games from here, too. ;)

Anyhow, I once took a summer MIDI composition course, and it was plenty fun and a very enjoyable experience. There were three composition projects, and all three of them were created in Digital Performer 3 with Proteus 2000. Of course with the fancy gadgetry, they probably sound better than they should. >>
Attachments
MIDI_comp_projects.zip
(10.31 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.