To those artists out there!

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.

Which ones are easier to draw?

Little girl
20%
Little boy
6%
Teen girl
33%
Teen boy
16%
Man
10%
Woman
15%
Old Man
1%
Old Woman
No votes

Total votes: 126

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

To those artists out there!

#1 Post by azureXtwilight »

As for me, I think drawing teen boy and little people is easy!

Maybe that's why I'm making otome game? XD

It's hard for me to make cute teen girls, or... Umm... Loli?

Mikan
Veteran

Re: To those artists out there!

#2 Post by Mikan »

They're all easy and hard. Why are you asking us?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#3 Post by azureXtwilight »

Because I have difficulties in some characters....

If someone finds that drawing older people is easy, I definitely wants to learn from her/him, oh, and teen girl too.

Mikan
Veteran

#4 Post by Mikan »

azureXtwilight wrote:Because I have difficulties in some characters....

If someone finds that drawing older people is easy, I definitely wants to learn from her/him, oh, and teen girl too.
Draw the people you've listed above and post it.
We could have a thread where everyone draws those people to see how each person interprets an "old person" or a "young person". This way, the whole community learns as a group.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#5 Post by azureXtwilight »

Good idea, but don't laugh, because my drawing a bit bad in older people.
SIgh...

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Cybeat »

azureXtwilight wrote:Good idea, but don't laugh, because my drawing a bit bad in older people.
SIgh...
Just keep practicing. Of course it'll be hard, but the more you practice, the better it gets. :) If drawing was easy, woudn't we all be professionals by now?
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

risingbamboobanana
Regular
Projects: On hold, sharpening skills.

#7 Post by risingbamboobanana »

eh, i accidentally voted before logging in :T

men for me. i guess that's a bit of an anomaly but that's all i used to practise. that's why it takes me 10x longer to draw female characters. it's a lot less natural for me.
A little birdy in the sky
Dropped a poopie in my eye
I did not scream, I did not cry
But thanked the Lord that cows don't fly!

Karasu_Noir
Regular

#8 Post by Karasu_Noir »

Well, as for me, I think drawing little guys are easy. And little girls are too, also teen girls. Hmm, I don't know how to make a man's body look "shaped"...
A life is a life, there's no need to rush anything.
Just sit back and relax.
But don't take too long.
.............Or darkness will eat you.

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#9 Post by yummy »

I think I'm more bound to draw teen girls and women. Firstly because I like to draw them, and secondly, because it's cuter than a guy (haha).

However, I'm currently training hard to draw boys features (my own drawing style is more round and that tends to make things complicated each time I try), because of my tendency to draw girls : the more you're accustomed to one style, the harder it is to change (at least for me).

I get a hold on what dynamics to use (because a guy doesn't place his body like a girl would), mainly because I'm a guy myself :D
So I take reference photos of myself in some kind of random situation and try to redo them (no, I won't post my doodles here).

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#10 Post by sake-bento »

I find it easiest to draw characters who are my age. Erm...I mean, the age I look. I noticed that as I age, the characters I draw tend to age as well. Guys and girls are equally easy for me, but girls are more fun because I can give them cuter outfits.

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by N0UGHTS »

The age groups that I probably have the most difficulty in drawing are: infants and old people. (And I'm aware those aren't exactly "age groups," but...)

What I do is just start with figures that resemble wooden puppets or mannequins. Start with the head... Guidelines on face... Add a neck... Draw curved lines for the spinal column... Draw the basic shape of a torso (what that means is that I draw something a shape resembling a wedge of cheese)... Leave the abdomen as empty space with just the spinal "line"... Draw the hips (which take on the shape of a skirt... made out of cardboard)... Draw holes in the hips where you would fit the legs... Draw the top portion of the leg, the kneecap, and then the bottom portion... Feet, really basic shapes that resemble the Mach Five... Draw holes in the torso... Do same thing with arms, elbows, and hands... Then polish it from there.

The problem with that technique is that it's harder to draw hunchbacked people, or infants with their chub.

Also, if anyone finds my drawings in that stage, and the "mannequins" are in a suggestive pose... Well, I'm guessing a typical person would have make one or more faces similar to the emoticons I'm about to present to you...
[0_0] [o_e] [*A*] [X_X]
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.