Cybeat's Studio

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Jake
Support Hero

Re: Cybeat's Studio

#31 Post by Jake »

Wintermoon wrote: It's a common business strategy to sell crap at a high price so that it seems like it is higher quality than it actually is.
On the other hand, if a brand is going to stick around for any length of time and wants to establish a reputation, they will probably price their stuff reasonably - it's a lot easier to get a "X sucks" reputation than an "X is good" reputation.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#32 Post by Cybeat »

New image. My partner and I took turns and made this CG.
Attachments
Akane.jpg
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

Mitsu

#33 Post by Mitsu »

The colours are very well-matched, what a beautiful work! Good job! :)

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#34 Post by Cybeat »

Mitsu wrote:The colours are very well-matched, what a beautiful work! Good job! :)
Mujinchitai
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#35 Post by sake-bento »

Nice. And I'm glad to see Mujinchitai is still moving forward.

Andrew

#36 Post by Andrew »

Cybeat wrote:New image. My partner and I took turns and made this CG.
It's a very beautiful picture. I like the way you colour it very much. How do you colour the hair in such a neat and beautiful manner? I'd like to know how you colour things, because I'm very interested in it.

Once again, good work.

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by Cybeat »

Andrew wrote:
Cybeat wrote:New image. My partner and I took turns and made this CG.
It's a very beautiful picture. I like the way you colour it very much. How do you colour the hair in such a neat and beautiful manner? I'd like to know how you colour things, because I'm very interested in it.

Once again, good work.
Thanks. I used quick mask in photoshop to make it neat like that. I didn't know much about it until my friend told me.
Mujinchitai

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by Cybeat »

Here's another CG practice (not my lineart, found it on pixiv). I had a lot of trouble with the hair and I'm not pleased with it. Does anybody want to share a few tips?
Attachments
Miko.jpg
Mujinchitai

pinkmouse
Regular
Projects: A renpy beginner - test projects only atm

#39 Post by pinkmouse »

Wintermoon wrote:
LVUER wrote:Usually the more expensive it is, it has more quality to offer (like my $250 TV which survived for more than 10 years and my $20 TV which broke down after < 2 years use).
I don't agree. If you pay extra, you could get something of better quality, or you could get an expensive piece of crap. It's a common business strategy to sell crap at a high price so that it seems like it is higher quality than it actually is. Unless you actually do the research and buy from a respected brand, you're basically gambling. You might get lucky, but then again, you might not.
Well, it can be tricky. I remember reading about an Olympus camera a few years ago. The company had done a ton of work on to make it lighter - posh alloys, neat batteries, name it. It was really tough: not perhaps as tough as a Hasselblad, but certainly robust enough for rough hobbyist use, which is what it was intended for. Then they discovered the customers judged camera value by weight. Their test sales pitches had people picking it up, thinking light = flimsy crap and putting it back on the shelf.

They thought about doing a massive educational campaign, but in the end they just ended up welding some metal plates into it to just make it heavier.