Deji's stuff

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

Deji's stuff

#1 Post by Deji »

I'll be posting some doodles and drawings from time to time here =3

To check my tutorials and resources, you can check the links on my signature ^^

----------------------

I was procrastinating in bed last night doodling things instead of drrawing my college exams, and came up with some random sketches of highschool girls... and one guy.
happy girls in customized uniforms X3<br />it's cold in here so they have fall-ish outfits.
happy girls in customized uniforms X3
it's cold in here so they have fall-ish outfits.
a cute girl with a cape, and enthusiastic one and.... another girl xD;
a cute girl with a cape, and enthusiastic one and.... another girl xD;
all my guys look girly DX
all my guys look girly DX
I like designing random characters ^^; I might make more guys and a couple of tecahers later, during my procrastinarion times....
If I have time, I'll make them into free to use sprites during my wniter break starting next week.

Now I should really go work on my college exams DX;

edit: omg I so fail at not procrastinating DX
colorful quick colored sketches:
hsguys_col.jpg
(tartan pattern made with tartan maker http://www.tartanmaker.com/)
Last edited by Deji on Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

Re: Deji's stuff

#2 Post by chronoluminaire »

Your art is awesome! I'm afraid I don't have any constructive criticism to offer, just praise... :) But please, please do continue to drop your little doodles in here!
(Good luck in the exams!)
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#3 Post by yummy »

As usual, your art is Magnifique ! (I'm not very constructive either, I fear)

Just a question: did you ever try to draw action scenes with one of your characters ?
I mean, like bashing monsters or running behond a cute one ?

Deji

#4 Post by Deji »

chronoluminaire wrote:Your art is awesome! I'm afraid I don't have any constructive criticism to offer, just praise... :) But please, please do continue to drop your little doodles in here!
(Good luck in the exams!)
Thanks! ^___^
yummy wrote:As usual, your art is Magnifique ! (I'm not very constructive either, I fear)

Just a question: did you ever try to draw action scenes with one of your characters ?
I mean, like bashing monsters or running behond a cute one ?
Thank you! =3
I pretty much fail at action scenes, so I avoid them >_o;
I entered a battle-comic website ealry last year to practice action scenes and comic/making, but due several reasosns I've been unable to draw much over there =/
You can check those attempts here (first one is awful, next ones are... a bit better... I always run out of time when making them DX):
http://entervoid.com/character/1155
Tumblr | Twitter

Deji

#5 Post by Deji »

Update!
Something from mi exam for my Comic workshop class. Page 1 out of 12 (I just hope I can make the other 11 in 3 days DX)

Initial sketch versus finished page.
The blue lines on the first half were done in Photoshop, then I printed the page and sketched over it. This particular page was inked digitally.
It needs a sound effect in the first panel, but I fail at sound effects in spanish ^^;;;
page1_process.jpg
In case you're wondering, the dialog is something like this:
girl: Ah! No... Its not working!
guy: Do it again.
girl: Again?! But I've been doing the same for more than one hour!
guy: That happens because you don't focus enough, Alicia.
Tumblr | Twitter

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by musical74 »

DANG that artwork is great....you have a real talent for this :D

*gives you an A because based on what he sees...you deseve it*
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#7 Post by chronoluminaire »

Beautiful as always! :shock:
Although the girl's rounded boots make her pose look a bit odd. Kinda as if the curve of her calves just carries on to her feet. Or possibly it's just that her legs are somewhat unexpectedly long.

But I love her costume. Particularly the wing-like decorations that both characters have near their ears, and Alicia's hairband and jacket fastening. (I'm a sucker for shiny things.) I also love the dynamism in her pose.
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Deji

#8 Post by Deji »

I'm glad you liked it ^__^
chronoluminaire wrote:Beautiful as always! :shock:
Although the girl's rounded boots make her pose look a bit odd. Kinda as if the curve of her calves just carries on to her feet. Or possibly it's just that her legs are somewhat unexpectedly long.

But I love her costume. Particularly the wing-like decorations that both characters have near their ears, and Alicia's hairband and jacket fastening. (I'm a sucker for shiny things.) I also love the dynamism in her pose.
I fail at drawing feet most of the time, so I just avoid them as much as possible, resulting in lack of practice and more failure DX If it keeps bothering me, I'll go back to fix this page if I have time or after I'm done with my exams.

Btw, Alicia is the only one with decorations over her ears, the guy actually has horns sticking out from the place where his ears pabillion (sp?) should be ^^; (I tend to cover ears with strands of hair, so it's hardly noticeable DX)
Tumblr | Twitter

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#9 Post by mugenjohncel »

:shock: Wow... just wow... the coloring, composition even the shading on that tree trunk... everything... definitelly grade "A" material... and thats something I don't say very often... if you keep this up, in 5 more years, you'll be a GOD Deji

"STARES" (speechless)

x__sinister
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi, Grim

#10 Post by x__sinister »

:D MY NAME IS ALICIA!

Yussss. Awesome. :twisted:

I wish I could draw like that. Even the backgrounds. [pulls hair] WHY ARE YOU SO TALENTED!? SHARE!
A literate roleplaying community.

itoshi_kyoushi
Projects: 「風の届かない場所へと」、「ハート@Summer」

#11 Post by itoshi_kyoushi »

Wow, you are super talented. Definitely on a pro level. I only draw as a hobby but you've inspired me to work much harder, perhaps one day I'll post some of my works on this forum, at that time I'd love to get some critique/tips from an artist of your caliber. Great work!!

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by N0UGHTS »

...You know this is the first time I've actually bothered reading the posts in this thread. (Yeah, I'm shallow, but at least I know good art and I'm attracted to it!)

Eh? You think your guys are too girly? I think they're hot. Hah! I'm aware that some of you are looking at me funny, but I'm proud of it! And I bet I'm not the only person here thinking that way. :coughcoughdamnpervertedwomen XD I mean, guys like The Governator are cool too, but when it comes down to it, gals would probably devour Lee Jun Ki. (Guy even has his own doll!)

As for constructive criticism... Uh... Practice more with hentai stuff? XD
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

Deji

#13 Post by Deji »

N0UGHTS wrote: ...
As for constructive criticism... Uh... Practice more with hentai stuff? XD
Is there a reason behind that or you just want to see me draw hentai? XD;
I've actually practiced a bit from hentai CGs and manga because I'll be doing some CGs for Flight of Twilight. My fav artists there is Tony Taka <3 I'd be happy if I could be half as good!
Anyway, I just like hentai for the beautifully drawn anatomy and gestures, and sometimes the coloring (in the case of CGs) is just awesome and inspiring~~
And yes, I look at hentai stuff just the way I look at any other visual thing: for visual and aesthetic pleasure and/or "awwww" factor. If it can't give me any of that, I throw it away~

And since this is not the hentai forum, I'll stop here XD;

And for the record, I *do* like guys that have something sexy and feminin on them, I think it's cute, but my art teachers always complain my drawn males need to be more masculine, as in wider shoulder, more muscles, rougher faces and such... Dx; I don't like guys like that IRL and I don't like drawing them =__=;;;
Tumblr | Twitter

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by N0UGHTS »

If I were you, I'd tell them "I'm drawing guys that I think are sexy, not the guy you'd like to be!"

I'd say this jokingly of course. And I actually have said this to guys. And then they looked funny at me, and then I explained to them that girls prefer slim and lean guys than guys who look like they're on 'roids. XD
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#15 Post by DaFool »

I'm actually trying to reconcile those 'opposing' (well, not really) viewpoints on how a drawn guy should look like. Of course with anime nearly everyone will be lean since they're adolescents.

But I'm almost finished with a couple of CG sets where the guy is just bishounen enough (and yes he has his face shown in the lovemaking CGs) while at the same time he has a bit of muscle so that guys would think "Cool! I'd like to be HIM!" Think the covers of Harlequin Romance except with more anime-ish characters. It's also a means to bridge the gap between BxG and GxB players (and even GxG and BxB) When you have all characters including the player POV present with full faces in a CG it really does make the game seem more accessible to everyone instead of one orientation's fantasy-world.

Oh yeah, and the art here rocks as always.