Audio plays: The White Feathers Directive - part 3 released!

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

Audio plays: The White Feathers Directive - part 3 released!

#1 Post by Jo'ogn »

The White Feathers Directive

Part 1 - "Make me a Woman"
Part 2 - "Mirage Escape!"
Part 3 - "Celestial Activity Detected" - released
Part 4 - "One Gem Closer Towards An Angel" - wip

Downloads: joogn.de/WFD surround, ogg + mp3

For centuries the top-secret and well founded Celestial Entity Monitoring Agency - CEMA - has strived to abduct a celestial being - also refered to as Angel - in hope to gain its powers. They have failed so far. Ever since the advent of mankind, and even myriads of years before that time, angels have been watching over Earth and protected it from dark creatures such as demons. Angels have been sent on their duty in pairs and for a limited time period. A male - healer - and a female - knight.

Thursday, May 7th, 2009: CEMA has a new hope: The offspring of a female angel who had mated with a human male. Even though the angel locked away her celestial powers to the point of being oblivious of her own origin, and even though she went into hiding by creating the human woman Makie, CEMA had succeeded in abducting her son. Using cybernetic implants, which would react to celestial energy, they camouflaged him as a Persocon and placed him with a secret CEMA agent into the Kohinata household in order to find his mother, or secure his own sister, would she display signs of angelic powers.

I recommended a decent pair of headphones for the Stereo release, to enjoy all the details of the soundscape.

~ ~ ~

White Feathers (discontinued)

Downloads: joogn.de/WF surround, ogg + mp3
(featuring Character Art by DaFool)

"White Feathers" tells the 'slice of life' story of Kohinata Nanoka, a Japanese high school student, her mother, Kohinata Makie and Shiro, a persocon (robotic personal companion) purchased by Makie to help look after Nanoka.

The audio play follows our main characters through their daily lives as Nanoka grapples with her growing feelings of affection for her persocon, and Shiro attempts to understand more about human nature. More characters become involved in the storyline as it progresses, including other students and teachers at Nanoka's school, as well as employees at the beauty parlour that Makie owns.
Last edited by Jo'ogn on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Audioplay: White Feathers

#2 Post by DaFool »

I didn't realize there was a doujin English language audio drama scene... especially something that sounds this good. Call myself hooked.

If you can create VN CG style pictures to accompany timed to the audio, you might be able to create a whole series of stories that could be broadcast on some PBS station (I'm just recalling those picture videos I watched as a kid).

Jo'ogn
Veteran

Re: Audioplay: White Feathers

#3 Post by Jo'ogn »

Thank you! Nice to hear that you like it.

This could even be done in Ren'Py - if you find me the artists to do that ( ;

In fact we have an internal cast list with "borrowed" character art. And I am considering for a long time by now to have them redrawn by someone to making them original and then adding them to the audio play page at least. Because people are so visual in these modern days... (Darkling actually borrowed his character names from "Koi Kaze". We were considering to change them, but we are already deep into over 1600 rpg posts and we are somehow hooked to the names by now.)

Darkling had someone who did Flash animations of his own "Kana ~imouto~" fan-ficts. They however took the art and music from the original game. http://kana.darklingnet.com/
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

Jo'ogn
Veteran

Re: Audioplay: White Feathers - Episode 2 released!

#4 Post by Jo'ogn »

Episode 2 released ^_^

Jo'ogn
Veteran

Re: Audioplay: White Feathers - Episode 2 released!

#5 Post by Jo'ogn »

Episode 3 released!!! Finally... after over two years. I am so happy that we were able to complete it.
Not only in 2 channel stereo, but also in 5 channel surround =D

Enjoy!

Jo'ogn
Veteran

Re: Audio plays: The White Feathers Directive - part 2 relea

#6 Post by Jo'ogn »

Doing more audio works than RenPy programming these months...

The White Feathers Directive - part 2 released!

Enjoy!

Jo'ogn
Veteran

Re: Audio plays: The White Feathers Directive - part 3 relea

#7 Post by Jo'ogn »

Part 3 - "Celestial Activity Detected" - released ^_^v

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by 15385bic »

interesting project *q*
i think i saw something similar a while ago on novelty?
good luck with this.

Jo'ogn
Veteran

#9 Post by Jo'ogn »

Thank you.

I don't know, what they are doing on 'novelty' though.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by 15385bic »

eh not exactly the same but it was a sound novel project?
this just reminds me of it
http://www.visualnovelty.com/forum/view ... f=11&t=347