neowired's art

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
neowired
Regular

neowired's art

#1 Post by neowired »

lol, I find it sort funny how I saw a large thread with people ranting about the lack of artists yet here I see almost only excellent artists XD (both graphic and music, I'm sort of surprised)

Makes me almost to shy to post
Just to tell you before you enter, although I do mostly cute, my gallery may have some very weird stuff
http://neowired.deviantart.com/

x__sinister
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi, Grim

Re: neowired's art

#2 Post by x__sinister »

Wow. I like it!
I think you need to practice a few things:
1) cleaner lines. IE perfect your line-art
2) practice adults/teens. meaning, try some less cute stuff.

I love your backgrounds. Would you be interested in working on a project with me, sometime in the future? It's so hard to get someone capable of drawing good backgrounds.
A literate roleplaying community.

neowired
Regular

#3 Post by neowired »

Wow. I like it!
I think you need to practice a few things:
1) cleaner lines. IE perfect your line-art
2) practice adults/teens. meaning, try some less cute stuff.

I love your backgrounds. Would you be interested in working on a project with me, sometime in the future? It's so hard to get someone capable of drawing good backgrounds.
well, thank you
1) sorry, won't do, it's just no fun to me to clean those things (and i draw mostly for fun) so i just can't clean them (it's time consuming and I wouldn't get any joy from it)
2) The same XD I can draw adults and I draw them (I really do, well, sketch mostly), but it's just no fun so i rarely do it (and even if I draw some I'm unlikely to show it to anyone because I don't like it). sorry but i only like to draw children/monsters/sceneries

ach, well there is the same problem with the backgrounds, they are usually (and probably will be) sketchy because I just don't like to spend to much time on one drawing (it gets boring and tiring), so while it's possible that i could draw those, they would probably be sketchy
(unless I'll somehow gain some uber skills and will be able to get massive detailed clean drawings in like 1-2 hours ; p)

x__sinister
Regular

#4 Post by x__sinister »

Personally, I think that good art comes from time put into it. Not just because the artist tried to make it look good, but because they weren't lazy about it and took the extra time when they could have just put something together.

Honestly, this that you did looks so much better than anything else in your gallery. Why? Because you took twenty hours out of your day and actually tried. You say you draw for fun, and maybe this is a personal preference, but I wouldn't get any fun out of my art if I knew I wasn't doing my best.

I'm not trying to put you down or anything.
I'm just saying that sometimes when you get off your butt and put more effort, you'll be happier with the outcome.
It's not like it will always take twenty hours.

neowired
Regular

#5 Post by neowired »

I'm not trying to put you down or anything.
I'm just saying that sometimes when you get off your butt and put more effort, you'll be happier with the outcome.
no, no, I'm not offended or anything, I did mean it that I don't enjoy putting to much time into one drawing, I get much more enjoyment out of a few sketches
I mean I did put over 20 hours into some drawings and I know if I enjoyed it or not ;p
(sometimes I do enjoy it, but most time I don't, I'm just getting more and more unhappy with it and more and more frustrated)
Honestly, this that you did looks so much better than anything else in your gallery.
ach well, you say that but many people would say otherwise, I probably would as well ; p, I get people praising my stuff very randomly, sometimes I'm surprised, or I even feel sort of offended when they praise those that I like the least and disregard the others XD

also If you concentrate to much on drawing detailed stuff your stuff usually looks "stale" or that's what I noticed (many people over-concentrate on detail so they don't spend enough time on macro/sketch scale, playing with composition, perspective and the likes; cleaning/drawing detail is very time consuming)
It's not like it will always take twenty hours.
some took me more, I know some artists who can spend a few months on one painting, It may come out great but It seems sort of counter-productive to me
Actually I know some that spend a couple of months to write one short poem, that's taking counter productive to a whole new level XD

It is however so that with drawing a lot you raise your skills and that enables you to draw faster, cleaner and more detailed at the same time. I've seen artists who can create astounding detailed paintings within a few hours

x__sinister
Regular

#6 Post by x__sinister »

(: All very very true.

And your perspective drawings, the one with the building and the girl sitting on a random window, That was really good. I never did well with perspectives. I'm more of a writer, anyway.

I suppose I noticed the details because what I was looking for would have to be careful of details (it's a murder mystery), so maybe I was being a bit picky.

Anyway. Have fun with your art. Contrary to how I may have sounded, I really think your art has a lot of potential. Keep it up.