Icon and character??

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
123conky4

Icon and character??

#1 Post by 123conky4 »

hey fellas, you see, i have a storyline for a game, it will be a short game but stll, an idea is an idea.

but i don't have the character art!!

so i'm studying how to draw manga lately (on sunday)

but it's hard you know...

any other way to have the character??

Mitsu

Re: Icon and character??

#2 Post by Mitsu »

Practice, practice and practice. That's what I did.

Shinrei_Reheiner

#3 Post by Shinrei_Reheiner »

http://wiki.renai.us/wiki/Main_Page

If you're looking for free to use character sprites you should try looking here.(you may need to the contributors)

(*Magically warps away...but fails....*)
"...I'll keep on going.No matter how tough things get, I will overcome it."(...I hope...)

123conky4

#4 Post by 123conky4 »

Mitsu wrote:Practice, practice and practice. That's what I did.
lol, that's what i did too...

but you know, maybe if we use our own characters, it would be different results than if we're taking from the others, no?

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#5 Post by LVUER »

To be able drawing good, there's only one word: practice. Even if your brain could imagine ridiculously beautiful art, if your hand can't do it, then you can't draw any good pics.

At first, most people begin with copying other people arts. In Japan, to be a mangaka first you need to be an assistant. And to be an assistant, you need to copy (or at least comparably the same style) with the mangaka (they usually pick mangaka that has similar style with your drawing/preference).

After you good enough, you can develop your own style (usually you will do it naturally). Or you could keep that style (it's normal to see several people with same style, hey, anime business is like that, entire anime crew have same style and they must be able to copy other person style anyway).

I copy other people style (first my bro, then Sailormoon anime style) for more than 10 years before finally able to develop my own style.

123conky4

#6 Post by 123conky4 »

LVUER wrote:for more than 10 years before finally able to develop my own style.
Wow, ten year...

You must be really good...!!
yeah I'm still practicing now, only I've started not more than 5 days ago, so i think it's gonna be tough.. :)

Mitsu

Re:

#7 Post by Mitsu »

123conky4 wrote:
Mitsu wrote:Practice, practice and practice. That's what I did.
lol, that's what i did too...

but you know, maybe if we use our own characters, it would be different results than if we're taking from the others, no?
Yup, that's true. But whenever I draw a character, no matter how weird-looking it is (Yeah, I suck at drawing...) I feel happy, because I know I've done my best to do what I like most. :) I try my best but drawing, but I never really go overboard at practicing, because if I did and the art didn't turn out well, I'll feel disappointed.

Just draw on your own pace and have fun at the same time, it works for a lot of people. :D

123conky4

#8 Post by 123conky4 »

to me it's like "still stressful"

cause i've only started to learn how to draw for about 4 days (including today it's 5) ^^
still hard for me, but i think I'm getting the hang of it, at least now I can draw a face, (but still terrible) while back in the day i can only draw stickmans... :lol:

Shinrei_Reheiner

#9 Post by Shinrei_Reheiner »

Sorry about my previous post...I misunderstood...T-T

I've been practicing drawing for 4 years now, including times that I stop since I get addicted to something like games(points at Tales of the Abyss which I played for months...) and I still don't think that I can draw that well enough...(my avatar image is the best that I can do right now...)
I can say that it's much more fulfilling to do your own art and it'll help you improve.
Also, I agree with trying to copy the art style that you want since it's a good way to learn.
In my opinion,the most important thing to remember is to have fun while drawing.

Good luck on your journey towards the realm of art!!

(*Magically warps away*...but fails..)
"...I'll keep on going.No matter how tough things get, I will overcome it."(...I hope...)

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#10 Post by Vatina »

I'll be opposite most art bashers you'll find out on the internet - don't worry about trying to mimick other styles as you practice, your own style will come naturally, with time.
(That doesn't mean you should ignore good advice about learning basic atonomy and all that though - it is important.)

And yeah, it takes a long time to learn. But if you keep challenging yourself, then you should be able to go far.

123conky4

#11 Post by 123conky4 »

Well, yeah, i think I'm starting to getting the hang of it, I've practiced everyday, and the improvement is quite well, (yeah, from a stickmans it is)