Hi help wanted, need BG's

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Coatl
Regular
Projects: Working Title (If I realese the Alpha before I give out a title I'll ask for opinions)

Hi help wanted, need BG's

#1 Post by Coatl »

Hi, I'm currently working on a story and I'm looking for some backgrounds. Drawn or photographed? It doesn't matter.

I'm so far looking for these backgrounds.

Bar - Both one shot of the bar where the stools are a shot of the tables and such.

Streets or roads in the middle of the night - this can speak for itself, the location does not matter as long as it's nighttime and it's a city or town street.

Cafe or Coffee shop or eatery (also night time) - Just a shot of the exterior of the cafe, the interior, the door way that leads outside.

park (night time or late afternoon) - the swing from a distance, a bench, the sky and I guess a tree that I can use as reference for a scene.

For now that's all I need. Obviously the game will be freeware so there's no pay for it, however, you will get major credit for it and I will be really grateful!

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: Hi help wanted, need BG's

#2 Post by MaiMai »

http://wiki.renai.us/wiki/Background_Art

In fact, that whole website has a list of free things you can use for your VN. Nifty.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Coatl
Regular
Projects: Working Title (If I realese the Alpha before I give out a title I'll ask for opinions)

#3 Post by Coatl »

MaiMai wrote:http://wiki.renai.us/wiki/Background_Art

In fact, that whole website has a list of free things you can use for your VN. Nifty.

I still need a few more pics. maybe I can use whatever I find as filler for now.

dstarsboy
Veteran

#4 Post by dstarsboy »

I have actually seen well drawn/painted/colored examples of everything you're requesting in that Wiki (except the park with the swing, maybe you can settle for just a park?).
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

Coatl
Regular

#5 Post by Coatl »

dstarsboy wrote:I have actually seen well drawn/painted/colored examples of everything you're requesting in that Wiki (except the park with the swing, maybe you can settle for just a park?).
Yeah I found some stuff for the park. It's a bit difficult, seeing as I still need a cafe lounge kinda thing, but empty for one of the scenes.

Ikka

#6 Post by Ikka »

I have a few backgrounds (800 X 600) ripped from eroges for you to use. They are .bmp format, but they're very high quality. Would you like me to upload it?

killdream
Veteran
Projects: EVūL (WIP), insilo (WIP), Cute Demon Crashers!
Deviantart: robotlolita
Github: robotlolita

#7 Post by killdream »

Did you tried searching Flickr for CC licenced photos?

I mostly use placeholders in alpha-stages, you can always worry about the backgrounds and such after.

Coatl
Regular

#8 Post by Coatl »

killdream wrote:Did you tried searching Flickr for CC licenced photos?

I mostly use placeholders in alpha-stages, you can always worry about the backgrounds and such after.
I found a few but it's hard to search for good ones with lil to no people.
Ikka wrote:I have a few backgrounds (800 X 600) ripped from eroges for you to use. They are .bmp format, but they're very high quality. Would you like me to upload it?
You can, I'll have to check em out for the lighting and maybe I can use them for extras and such.

x__sinister
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi, Grim

#9 Post by x__sinister »

I can help you out with backgrounds, but I'd rather know what the project is about and if it's worth contributing to. No offense. XD

You can email me at a.cardona@live.com.
I'll show you some examples and we can exchange info.
A literate roleplaying community.

Coatl
Regular

#10 Post by Coatl »

x__sinister wrote:I can help you out with backgrounds, but I'd rather know what the project is about and if it's worth contributing to. No offense. XD

You can email me at a.cardona@live.com.
I'll show you some examples and we can exchange info.
Well for this project it's simply my own debut/test story, a free VN probably 15-30 minutes and it'll simply be two scenarios. I'll be honest, I'll take your E-Mail for future references because I think that this game might not be worth it because it is just a practice game I'm making on the Novelty VN creator.

Again, I'll keep your contact, and I'll contact you incase I need help but as of now, I don't want you to waste your time and creativity on something that is both a test VN and might not even be totally good.

Ikka

#11 Post by Ikka »

Hi, I've come to give the BGs...

http://fileuploadshark.com/bodpzqjjczkk ... d.rar.html

Hope the link works...!

dstarsboy
Veteran

#12 Post by dstarsboy »

Wow, those are some excellent BGs! Who do we give credit to if we use them?
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

guest!

#13 Post by guest! »

Somehow, I have a hard time believing you made those. Didn't you claim [here] that you were only twelve years old?
You need to supply a link to where those came from, so Coatl can figure out if he/she is even allowed to use them.

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#14 Post by Vatina »

Well, he earlier wrote:
Ikka wrote:I have a few backgrounds (800 X 600) ripped from eroges for you to use. They are .bmp format, but they're very high quality. Would you like me to upload it?
So they are ripped from other games. I believe the point of this thread was to find freely available backgrounds, not rips? (Hence why people directed Coatl to the wiki)

Ikka

#15 Post by Ikka »

That's why I asked him first. If he wants me to upload the BGs, I'll do it. If he doesn't, I won't.

Those are BGs ripped from a game by my cousin, who's 22 years old. I told him I wanted some BGs, so he ripped it off from the game for me.

I thought it's okay to use ripped BGs? Or it isn't?

Well, if you don't want to use them, then don't download them.