Awesome characters for $25

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Mikan
Veteran

Awesome characters for $25

#1 Post by Mikan »

h
Attachments
peter_smile.jpg
Last edited by Mikan on Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

hahahaha

Re: Awesome characters for $25

#2 Post by hahahaha »

what a rip off xD seriously ive gotten cheaper and better somewhere else! and they did poses/face changes in a bundle ;P

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#3 Post by Samu-kun »

(I assume that the buyer has exclusive usage of these sprites, while in a sprite bundle, anyone who can pay gets to use them. That makes a load of difference in terms of the pricing.)

adrix89
Regular

#4 Post by adrix89 »

hahahaha wrote:what a rip off xD seriously ive gotten cheaper and better somewhere else! and they did poses/face changes in a bundle ;P
Artists don't grow on trees
I will draw your game characters
That means he will draw them to your hearts content(and circumstance), if you don't see value in that...

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#5 Post by mugenjohncel »

Hmm, this is high quality art but... this is just me OK... I have several questions I needed answered so I could do a feasibility study.

$25 seems a bit... high. Is it possible to get discount on volume order (8 sprites or more) for same quality for $15.

Also, how long will it take to finish a single sprite with single emotion? Can I set a deadline say 2 to 3 days for a single sprite? Will I get a discount for every single day the sprite was delayed?

Can I have a full (Head to Foot) drawn character sprite.

Is it possible to work in this manner. I will send you a sketch on how I wanted the character sprite to look like. Then, I will look into my email the next day and see your revised rough sketch. And will send you a confirmation message giving green light so you can go ahead and draw character sprites... otherwise, I will send another sketch plus comments if not quite satisfied.

I don't trust paypal... I was conned far too many times already. Is it possible for me to use other trusted methods? Also, can I make 50% down and will pay the rest "after" I get the finished product.

Will I be charged extra if I wanted the lineart to be colored as well?

I have several pending projects currently stalled due to lack of time but can't sleep very well at night knowing they're not finish. For additional $1 to $2... Is it possible for you to match a specific drawing style particularly my drawing style (thick heavy outer lineart) and how long will it take you for a single sprite.

Can I specify dpi (600dpi)

Can you do event CG? Same protocol... I send sketch, I receive your sketch next day, and give green light if OK or send revised sketch with comment. And for how much?

I wanted them in PSD format unflattened.

Do I get full rights for character usage? Terms and conditions? Legal stuff and so forth...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#6 Post by Vatina »

I guess details like that are for discussion after the artist has been contacted and what is needed has been laid out. After all, this only mentions sprites.

Wintermoon
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Wintermoon »

mugenjohncel wrote:$25 seems a bit... high.
Putting aside the question of quality, $25 for a sprite is dirt cheap.

There are plenty commercial VNs where minor characters are "invisible" (i.e. sprite-less). Apparently the production cost sprites is so high that even commercial studios feel the need to cut corners there. You can bet that those studios if those studios were able to procure those missing sprites for $25 a piece, they would have done so.

Preludian
Regular

#8 Post by Preludian »

@ mugenjohncel: These were all very good questions. Nothing more to add and awaiting the answers.

Nias

#9 Post by Nias »

hahahaha wrote:what a rip off xD seriously ive gotten cheaper and better somewhere else! and they did poses/face changes in a bundle ;P
The price is dirt cheap. It's actually rather sad to see the price of art drop so low sometimes and see people still complaining about it. Show some respect and don't laugh at someone else's work.

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#10 Post by F.I.A »

Indeed. Since the price is reasonable, I expect some to hire the said artist anytime soon.

Also, let's please take the discussion elsewhere. The thread is for hiring, not a debate whether it is dirt cheap or highway robbery.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

Mikan
Veteran

#11 Post by Mikan »

Guys, I usually work at least 3 hours on every sprite I make, if not an average of 4-6 hours.
For most jobs, 6-8 hours a day is a full day's work.

Emotions take another 15 minutes minimum to alter properly.

From sketch to ink to color, I don't think $25 is unreasonable.
I usually don't draw for under $50, and at the end, if you want, I can send you the paper sketch and a CD holding all of the photoshop file and the layers that I worked with. You can do whatever you want with this. You could take the photoshop file and change the hair colors around or whatever, let others use it, or you can use it in any publication, including online, without having to pay up another dime. When the image is made, it's yours. I won't even put it in my own galleries if you ask.

I even offer to allow you to see how I work and will talk to you over a live feed online while I work on it, if you want. This way we can be certain that you are getting what you want.

Sorry about the late reply. I had to stay away from the computer to let my wrist heal up.

Here is a set I made a few months back. It wasn't for anyone, but it is two poses and several different emotions:
http://skimlines.deviantart.com/art/Mar ... -125472384
http://skimlines.deviantart.com/art/Mar ... -125394700

I also used to maintain a webcomic, which can be seen here: http://www.skimlines.com