Renpao's Artwork

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
renpao
Regular
Projects: Her Majesty!; •minutiae•

Renpao's Artwork

#1 Post by renpao »

Hi there! I'm renpao. C: This is my first time making my own post here in LSF. I saw people make their own posts for their artworks so I thought it would be okay if I show mine as well. ^^; I'm planning to make my own VN games in the future. Maybe this is the best way to introduce myself (and my work) to everyone...? :oops:

NOTE: Please excuse all the anatomical/lighting/etc. errors. All of the art you see in here are pretty old because I haven't found the time to draw stuff due to college, but hopefully, you'll still enjoy them all the same till I draw a new one. ^^;;

(The two pictures above are from my online manga, Lucky Thirteen.)

Another variation: http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii25 ... lemist.png

Last edited by renpao on Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moved to klonki. I won't be checking this profile anymore. Please direct your PMs over there, thank you!

renpao
Regular

Re: Renpao's Artwork

#2 Post by renpao »

Have some chibis:

Moved to klonki. I won't be checking this profile anymore. Please direct your PMs over there, thank you!

renpao
Regular

#3 Post by renpao »

These are the REALLY old stuff:

Another variation: http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii25 ... 927ren.jpg

Oekaki:

Last edited by renpao on Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deerchan
Regular
Projects: Secrets, hoho >3

#4 Post by deerchan »

I think I've seen you before on DA randomly x3 Awesome work, I don't know many people who draw shoujo-style! :3
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... &sk=t&sd=a
The Pet Project is up and running! Come join us!
We still need a background artist, coders, writers and demo testers.

I can be flat out stupid sometimes. Specially in forums. Please bare with me.

maufii
Regular
Projects: Diggin Deep(IP) and Dream Walker(IP)

#5 Post by maufii »

First of all... Woot for 5927! xD Love the shoujo style you got going on. I only wish you'd add some shadows to the colored drawings. If you do have shading in there it seems near to non-existent. Maybe try them out some time? But don't take this comment badly! ;_; I'm just trying to help a fellow artist out. : D I really do enjoy a lot of these pics; keep up the good work! >w<

#6 Post by Guest »

Wow!!
your artwork is amazing. LOVE IT!!!

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#7 Post by JinzouTamashii »

The style is very soft and charming, all your ladies have a Honey & Clover influence going on.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

eranthe

#8 Post by eranthe »

Your style is quite cute and charming. The lines look great!Although the colors need a bit of work on it, overall it's good progress.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by lepapillonrouge »

I recognize shoujo art when I see it.

A WINNER IS YOU! -dances around- And yay for KHR~

I'm reading your manga. I need to master these things before I start my own.
deviantART
---------------------

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#10 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Oooh! I really do like this refined "fashion sketch" style of illustration. I love the gestures and expressions, and the good use of muted color.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

p2oshandi
Regular

#11 Post by p2oshandi »

Truly magnificient! (did I spell it right?) :mrgreen:

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#12 Post by Chansel »

Wow, you're artwork is amazing <3
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

AQU
Regular
Completed: The Royal Trap, Infinite Game Works, Date Warp
Projects: Flight of Twilight

#13 Post by AQU »

I love your art! They are very beautiful : D

omg I just read your manga xD It's so funny, I can't wait to see more!

winternight119
Regular
Projects: Under the Cherry Blossoms: Memories of a Dream 「桜の下で:夢の記憶」

#14 Post by winternight119 »

Wow, you have some really neat artwork going on! But yeah, uni kills your time. >_< Like it was mentioned you have a Honey and Clover style for the ladies hehe. It's good to see and your manga is cute. :) Btw, do you have a DeviantArt?
Current Project(s): 桜の下で:夢の記憶 「Under the Cherry Blossoms: Memories of a Dream」 - WIP - click here for more!

renpao
Regular

#15 Post by renpao »

W-Wow, I'm really surprised that people still check this thread out. *blush*

@winternight119 Thank you. ^^ And I know...it really sucks because even though I'm an art major, I felt like my "improvement" didn't really go nowhere. OTL;;; My uni professors don't like stylized art; they only want you to stick to "realism" because that's "true" art for them. *sigh* I still fail at doing traditional because I grew up using digital to draw/color my art.
But rant aside, I'm actually surprised that many people think of my style as Honey and Clover because my old style was really inspired from Aya Nakahara's style (Lovely Complex). xD And I'm also happy to hear that you liked my manga, even though I haven't worked on it in a while now. *blames uni*
About DA: Well...I had one, but because my style is different now, I'm actually ashamed of everything I've done in '09. ^^; I did decide this morning to make a separate tumblr account to spam--er, I mean, post all my crappy art/sketch/WIPs without worrying about spamming my friends' dashboards. -_-;; I thought it would be a good regime for me to draw something daily, so...if you're interested in checking it out, it's here: http://irenart.tumblr.com

@AQU Oh, gosh. O_O T-Thank you so much...! I'm so honored you like my old art despite its obvious crappiness because I really love your style. ;_; *follows your art blog*
And you read my manga? I thought my sense of humor sucks, but I'm really glad you liked it. ^^ I'm going to start working on it again sometime. C:

@Chansel Aw, you're far too kind. ;_; Thank you! I love your art as well~

@p2oshandi Aw, shucks. Thank you. ;__; I changed my art style recently, but I still hope you'll like it. ^^

@Tsundere Lightning Thanks...I really love fashion, so I'm glad it came out that way. ^^ Muted colors are my favorite, so yeah. xD

@lepapillionrogue Lol, thank you. C: I'm actually trying to break out from the shoujo style I ended up plunging myself into in 2009 because prior to my adoration of Aya Nakahara's style, I didn't really draw that way. xD
And thank you! My manga sucks, really. You should try checking out other online mangas because their panelling styles are really good. xD

@eranthe Thank you. ;_; I'm really sorry if the colors are too muted...I'm very biased to those colors because they are my favorite. OTL;;

@Guest Aw, thank you. ;_;

@maufii Thank you. ;_; And yes, 5927! *loves* Oh, and no, I appreciate your comment. C: To be honest, the reason why the shadowing is almost non-existent is because I was experimenting on my coloring style. So it was mostly freestyle on my part, as I needed a break from all the "you have to do this!" art professors I had. : )

@deerchan Haha, I'm actually surprised. xD I don't really get to draw/post much art anywhere because I'm always busy studying, so I'm like a ninja artist, lol. I'm trying to break away from that whole "studying takes precedence over art" this time, that's why I built an art blog to force myself to draw everyday. C: