Character Concepts and Extras

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Character Concepts and Extras

#1 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Hey, I'm kinda very new here, so please bear with me ^^

I'm working on a visual novel with Winternight (who has been here before) and some other artists. I have never worked on a visual novel before and kind of joined up on a whim.

Anyway, I have done some character concept sketches (so no final sprites) that I would be very happy to get feedback on.
The coloured image is an indication of colour choice, the four sketches along the top are different hairstyles and the three sketches at the bottom are very quick sketches I did to give an impression of the character. The final art will kind of be a combination of these, though obviously a lot neater.

I know the images are not very big and I couldn't upload the wallpaperimage I did for promotion and an indication of final art, so if you want to have a better look, check out our group on DA : http://memoriesofadream-vn.deviantart.com/

I will post these in the order I did them:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A quick background mock-up:

My deviantart: http://auro-cyanide.deviantart.com/

dstarsboy
Veteran

Re: Character Concepts and Extras

#2 Post by dstarsboy »

Art looks great! I'd like to know more about the game you're making. Do you have a post somewhere about it or a website?
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

IceD
Veteran

#3 Post by IceD »

Great! I'm glad to finally see this progressing. You all weren't slacking of in the meantime, don't you? :) I love all the concepts. You should precise what kind of feedback you'd like to get, because as for critics, there isn't much to say - small details. Your art looks neat and you have your own style. You could talk with Wintermoon and try to create a united WIP topic. Oh and by the way, did Wintermoon found help with scenario/wiritng? If not, I can still assist :)

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#4 Post by sake-bento »

I've been watching these go up on dA for a while now. I was really interested to see where the story went. Good work; looking forward to seeing more. ^-^

Lekhaka
Regular

#5 Post by Lekhaka »

Hahahaha DAMN man, you sure got a great artist. (that's to Winternight)

(And to the artist: ) Great job man! You guys will make an excellent VN!

winternight119
Regular
Projects: Under the Cherry Blossoms: Memories of a Dream 「桜の下で:夢の記憶」

#6 Post by winternight119 »

dstarsboy wrote:Art looks great! I'd like to know more about the game you're making. Do you have a post somewhere about it or a website?
Great. :) Check out the DeviantArt - for now that will serve as our main website. It also has a synopsis. I do have a blog up for the game but I won't be posting on it until we get a few pieces final artwork done. But then I think I will be able to start updating it. It'll also be primarily for major updates and such.
IceD wrote:Great! I'm glad to finally see this progressing. You all weren't slacking of in the meantime, don't you? :) I love all the concepts. You should precise what kind of feedback you'd like to get, because as for critics, there isn't much to say - small details. Your art looks neat and you have your own style. You could talk with Wintermoon and try to create a united WIP topic. Oh and by the way, did Wintermoon found help with scenario/wiritng? If not, I can still assist :)
Hahaha. None of us were slacking off. :lol: Good to hear from you again! We'll create a topic, but as for a WIP topic I think the aforementioned blog would be sufficient so I might just include some details, art, and then post the DA page and blog; maybe some irregular updates.

I have a couple of writers and my primary reader is Lekhaka. I don't know if he wants me to call him my editor. XDDD But he has forums over here that he set up for anyone who's really interested in critiquing visual novel plot writing. The guys over there are really great writers, and all alike are respectful of each other.

IceD, if you want to read my story and give some feedback (i.e. you are reading it as I am writing it) that'd be most helpful. The reason for this is it'd be kind of like a control group. It's ~100 pages right now, so if you PM me your e-mail I can send it to you.

@sake-bento: Glad to have a member of sake visual watching our progress! :mrgreen:

LOL @ Lekhaka!!! XDDD
Current Project(s): 桜の下で:夢の記憶 「Under the Cherry Blossoms: Memories of a Dream」 - WIP - click here for more!

IceD
Veteran

#7 Post by IceD »

Sure, I will gladly take a look at your current script - at least I'll have something interesting to read at work, mondays are always soo boring :) I don't have any particular reasons for hiding my e-mail, so you'll find it on my profile page. I'm interested, how does the story look like now, and 100 pages seems to be quite much. You really worked hard, and I was thinking you dropped the project after dissapearing from LSF =P

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#8 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Lekhaka wrote:Hahahaha DAMN man, you sure got a great artist. (that's to Winternight)

(And to the artist: ) Great job man! You guys will make an excellent VN!
Thank you ^^ I also have two other skilled artists working with me so we are quite the team. It is exciting to work with others. Even if Winternight has to bear being surrounded by girls.

@IceD I only joined recently and then we got the other two, so we should be able to produce work now, though there will be periods of slowness when we go to uni, especially since it is my last semester. I was just looking for general feedback, such as the overall look and if the characters belong with each other. Personality wise would be good too, like what type of person they come across as.

Thankyou everyone who replied, it is good to get feedback from people wo know and make VNs ^^
I will have to work hard to make a good game, since I do enjoy a good VN.
Thanks for bearing with a newbie like me :)

Lekhaka
Regular

#9 Post by Lekhaka »

Thank you ^^ I also have two other skilled artists working with me so we are quite the team. It is exciting to work with others. Even if Winternight has to bear being surrounded by girls.
Developing a VN leads to being surrounded by girls?! :?

That should be a good premise for a harem game!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Froweey

#10 Post by Froweey »

Auro i am creating a new massive online role playing game and i am in need of an artist like yourself for my visual novels. Please send me a personal message on this forum or email me at: admin@frowmo.tk for more information. My website is: www.frowmo.tk.

winternight119
Regular
Projects: Under the Cherry Blossoms: Memories of a Dream 「桜の下で:夢の記憶」

#11 Post by winternight119 »

Froweey wrote:Auro i am creating a new massive online role playing game and i am in need of an artist like yourself for my visual novels. Please send me a personal message on this forum or email me at: admin@frowmo.tk for more information. My website is: http://www.frowmo.tk.
Uhm, really?
Current Project(s): 桜の下で:夢の記憶 「Under the Cherry Blossoms: Memories of a Dream」 - WIP - click here for more!