My drawings, all comments are appreciated!

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Jake
Support Hero

Re: My drawings, all comments are appreciated!

#16 Post by Jake »

Abeiramar wrote: I need a big help here... The perspective is a big fat failure!
The main thing that's wrong with your perspective is that you've got it backwards, almost...

The buildings which are nearer to the front of the scene you should see more from the top (because the viewer is more close to being 'over' them) and the buildings nearer the back of the scene you should see more from the side (because the viewer is further to the side of them).

However, in your image it seems in reverse: the buildings at the front of the scene are seen more from the front, which makes them look like they've fallen over backwards.

Also remember that parallel lines receed towards the horizon - for the position of the horizon in your image, buildings don't get small enough fast enough as they go back into the image. The easiest way to fix this would just be to raise the horizon, paint that area of sky as ground instead, since you've angled most of the town as if it were seen from the kind of angle where you wouldn't also see the horizon at the same time.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Abeiramar
Regular

#17 Post by Abeiramar »

Thank you for the help!
I guess I'm going to draw all the characters first; the backgrounds will be the last thing I will draw since they take more time to finish.

Pictures:

Anne's portrait:

Beta screenshots:

Trying to see how animation works:
I tried to make blinking and lip flapping animation and I was successful :D (only the main picture is animated, the side portrait is not). Some paint is out of the lineart, I will have to fix that.

My deviantart: http://abeiramar.deviantart.com/
It has some really ugly old drawings at the bottom of the gallery :oops: .

ashewalton

#18 Post by ashewalton »

I love the style of each character, their personalities are echoed very well in their portraits~ I'm especially fond of the clothing choices for each character! (The portrait for Anne above seemed especially good to me)