My Overlays do not want to disappear

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Sehaf
Regular
Projects: Demon Lord & Yuki Academy
Deviantart: Sehad

My Overlays do not want to disappear

#1 Post by Sehaf »

Seems to be a common problem and yet. I can not find answers.
I have a few image buttons in the game for a ingame menu. And they do not want to disappear when the text window disappear. What do I have to do for that to happen?

Code:

init python:

def toggle_skipping():
config.skipping = not config.skipping

#def toggle_auto():
#config.auto = not config.auto

show_in_game_menu = True

def in_game_menu():

if show_in_game_menu:

# to save typing
ccinc = renpy.curried_call_in_new_context

ui.hbox(xpos=400, ypos=439)
ui.imagebutton("UI/menu/quit.png", "UI/menu/quit_down.png", clicked=ui.callsinnewcontext("_quit_prompt"))
ui.imagebutton("UI/menu/menu.png", "UI/menu/menu_down.png", clicked=ui.callsinnewcontext("_main_menu_prompt"))
ui.imagebutton("UI/menu/skip.png", "UI/menu/skip_down.png", clicked=toggle_skipping)
#ui.imagebutton("UI/menu/auto.png", "UI/menu/auto_down.png", clicked=toggle_auto)
ui.imagebutton("UI/menu/options.png", "UI/menu/options_down.png", clicked=ccinc("_game_menu_preferences"))
ui.imagebutton("UI/menu/save.png", "UI/menu/save_down.png", clicked=ccinc("_game_menu_save"))
ui.imagebutton("UI/menu/load.png", "UI/menu/load_down.png", clicked=ccinc("_game_menu_load"))
ui.imagebutton("UI/menu/q_save.png", "UI/menu/q_save_down.png", clicked=ccinc("_quick_save"))
ui.imagebutton("UI/menu/q_load.png", "UI/menu/q_load_down.png", clicked=ui.jumps("_quick_load"))

ui.close()

config.overlay_functions.append(in_game_menu)
I'm a GameMaker!
My Portfolio: http://www.bluepipestudio.com

Sin
Veteran

Re: My Overlays do not want to disappear

#2 Post by Sin »

Nice avatar.

TyranX
Regular

Re: My Overlays do not want to disappear

#3 Post by TyranX »

@Sin
Nice avatar.
That made me laugh.. alot. XD

@Sehaf
1.)You should know that Etna avatars can be found pretty much everywhere. She's pretty popular. You might wanna change it.
2.) Try posting "click here" You're much more likely to get help.
I'd move this thread myself, but I'm not a high enough level yet, still gotta kill some more pidgeys.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you to death with their experience."

Current Status="A brilliantly lazy man"