charmwitch

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
charmwitch
Regular

charmwitch

#1 Post by charmwitch »

Hey guys.
I feel a bit weird making a thread just for myself, but I have a few commissions to tackle and I want a spot on the forums for progress updates and specific posts. I feel really strange whenever I go silent on my commissioners, it's just been a really hectic month this November.

Man, this month! In short : 2x Interviews with Japanese companies, CTN Animation Expo next week, commissions, other paid works, my actual job (right?), art and childhood education classes, and getting something published in one of pixiv's books.

It's been crazy.
Recently I set up my portfolio too, so I'm really excited. I love working on commissions and setting up my portfolio, I'm really hoping I can continuously update it with better images. I look at some of these and just X( at them.

Portfolio : http://charmwitch.daportfolio.com/
Tumblr (Sketches / WIP ) : http://charmwitch.tumblr.com/

Note : If you want to get in contact with me or have a question, feel free to respond to me here. I'll continuously check this (and my PMs, so whatever is more comfortable with you) so feel free to bug me. I totally don't mind. I love talking art. Art is awesome. I need to get better at it.

Oh yeah! I made businesscards yesterday. ... I spent all day working on them, honestly. So that's what I'm attaching to this main file. Woop.
Attachments
tumblr_lbur5jNJt61qcy3rbo1_1280.png

charmwitch
Regular

Re: charmwitch

#2 Post by charmwitch »

Some stuff for Sketchavember.
Attachments
tumblr_lbsd8380TK1qcy3rbo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_lbpg1bSTkC1qcy3rbo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_lbflxpj6N91qcy3rbo1_1280 (1).jpg

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Applegate »

I still love that incredibly cute and innocent style you've got going. Keep it up.

Aren't you taking on a little too much this month?

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#4 Post by yummy »

There are still anatomical issues, but overall, the compositions are really good. There's movement, good lightning and a good premisce of your original style.

Keep up the good work!

charmwitch
Regular

#5 Post by charmwitch »

yummy wrote:There are still anatomical issues, but overall, the compositions are really good. There's movement, good lightning and a good premisce of your original style.

Keep up the good work!
Yeah, I'm working on those! Art's really just a learning experience. There's so much I want to fix on paper that I can't do on a computer (like move, edit, flip) so I think my true eye comes out in paper sketches, but that's why I gotta keep practicing.
Applegate wrote:I still love that incredibly cute and innocent style you've got going. Keep it up.

Aren't you taking on a little too much this month?
Thank you so much!
Unfortunately, it's also a part of my nature. I love to keep myself busy and work on things. In the end, it's just about pacing myself and keeping organized. It's a lot, but I'll do my best to keep afloat.

charmwitch
Regular

#6 Post by charmwitch »

Unfinished warm-ups, because this week has been really crazy for me.

Trying to decide how to work one of my commissions
For now, I'm just glad my main interview's over. Tomorrow I'll be at CTN Animation Expo, but hopefully I'll get some art tips there too.
Attachments
111801.jpg
111401.jpg
library.jpg
111901.jpg
idontknow.jpg
imsogay.png

charmwitch
Regular

#7 Post by charmwitch »

it's dude drawing week (And Kimiko, who is most certainly not a dude.)

Originals and some rough warm ups. I love doing warm ups. Warm ups are great.
Also : Nothing like an animation convention to make you feel inadequate. I'm super excited to go next year with a more polished portfolio, though!
Attachments
so many dudes
so many dudes
trying to convey features
trying to convey features
originals originals originals
originals originals originals
poses
poses
finished group image
finished group image

Carmilla
Projects: Carmilla

#8 Post by Carmilla »

Your style is very nice and solid with some great polish, I'm especially attracted to your witch character, she is very adorable and endearing (I'm so tempted to use that group pic as a wallpaper)

Keep up the good work, I believe you are at a really great level right now and if you keep it up I'm sure you'll never feel inadequate again!

charmwitch
Regular

#9 Post by charmwitch »

Thank you so much, your words really do mean a lot to me.

charmwitch
Regular

#10 Post by charmwitch »

finals and stuff
Attachments
112802.jpg
flats.png
final_.png

celectis
Regular
Projects: Eternal Circle | something else in progress...

#11 Post by celectis »

Wow! Really nice work! I love the style in your storyboards! * U * <3 Please post moreee <3
ArtBlog:Image
Open for Commission~ PM for rates.

charmwitch
Regular

#12 Post by charmwitch »

celectis > thank you so much! I'm really interested in learning to storyboard better ahhh, this year's going by too fast when it comes to art, I swear. OH JESUS I love your stuff though?! I just took a look at it and ahhh you're so inspiring!! I gotta work hard and improve myself!!

Here are some... things.

These are actually pretty embarrassing but I guess they're self-explanatory too, I wanted to redraw my original designs for some of my original characters in the style I draw now but man, do these look awful.

Let me share my embarrassment with you:

(He wears glasses now, oh and he doesn't wear such awful colors anymore oajwiawoejf)

And below this is just a picture I worked on for stress relief. I'm glad finals are over now, I can focus on my commissions in full force.
Attachments
insanityofmagic.png

Sakura02
Regular
Projects: Ecchie Sketchy

#13 Post by Sakura02 »

WOW EPIC CUTE style :D lovely coloring and your characters have so much personality :) Love it

qq
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate- BG artist

#14 Post by qq »

Your style is really great. I like your sketches too. Your characters look really natural in their poses.
Frog and Kisses Studio
Please visit my Art Blog

charmwitch
Regular

#15 Post by charmwitch »

Thanks you guys! :)

lately I've been struggling with what I want to do with art, but I think after having a long talk with my family I'm prepared to go ahead and enter a career in art. You guys don't want to even know what I've studied so far in school...

I got deathly sick this week, but I did finish something before hand-
Attachments
siblings1223.png